Pro Wrasslin' Thread

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:28 pm

Is this wwe's answer/rip off of house of black?

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:47 am

I tapped out at like 1030....not sure how I made it that long. It seems like any momentum they had after WM they just tossed it in the trash. Also soooooo many recaps and commercials.

I'll go back to not watching their weekly shows again. I tuned into see what Cody had to say pretty much.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:57 am

Cody said the same thing he said in AEW. I guess it's true, he's the literal same character, and I don't see it going as favorably as he thinks he does. This kid needs to know just how much he loves his dad, and what his dad did in the business. We get it guy.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:29 am

Cody is a natural heel. Plus he got the most heel tattoo I've ever seen. Why does he so desperately want to be a babyface? The blonde hair, the over the top entrance, the neck tattoo, and just his attitude in general say "please hate me." The babyface stuff feels so forced.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:50 am

I've never really been a fan of Cody's promos. They tend to get a bit rambly, and they feel like a performance. He has admitted to work shopping his promos in the past, might be part of why they feel so rehearsed.

He is great in the ring, but not sure that's enough to stay relevant in the long run.

Switching gears, House of Black seems to be a really odd thing to rip off. Is that really so over that it needed to be copied?

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:55 am

House of Black isn't exactly an original concept.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:05 am

Not saying it was, but doubt WWE is doing this otherwise.

Kind of like Brock becoming a cowboy after AEW gets a Cowboy champion.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:08 am

I'm happy Cody seems to be doing what he wants. I'm also glad that he is doing it in WWE and not AEW honestly.

With that said I agree with you guys..his babyface promos while obviously from the heart seem a bit forced. He's a natural heel with his look right now, but he is obviously doing what he wants to do. He really wants to be a babyface no matter what.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:19 am

The House of Black being special, is because it's like stable across a variety of promotions, featuring people who actually look the part.

Priest/Edge just do nothing for me.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:23 am

Hmm I don't know about that. I wouldn't at all say Brock acting like a cowboy is because of Hangman. Vince also reportedly told Brock to smile more. They wanted him to be a babyface with personality and like it or not, Brock's actual personality is a weirdo cowboy on a ranch.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:25 am

Source of the post The House of Black being special, is because it's like stable across a variety of promotions, featuring people who actually look the part.
Right so it's nWo/Bullet Club with tattoos. I'm not saying I don't like House of Black, I'm just saying it's a tried and true formula and professional wrestling is cyclical.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:33 am

Yea I'm not denying it's been done before, I'm just saying that the WWE is half-assing it.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:40 am

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:41 am

I find it very hard to believe that he didn't know about Vince or Austin. McAfee is in worked shoot territory with this one.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:43 pm

I find it very hard to believe that he didn't know about Vince or Austin. McAfee is in worked shoot territory with this one.
I think he's trying to maintain kayfabe :lol:

Dude grew up watching the AE with the rest of us. What a dream. Can't even imagine how he was functioning the next day. Those Broken Skull IPAs are strong.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:54 pm

Hmm I don't know about that. I wouldn't at all say Brock acting like a cowboy is because of Hangman. Vince also reportedly told Brock to smile more. They wanted him to be a babyface with personality and like it or not, Brock's actual personality is a weirdo cowboy on a ranch.
When did he get a lisp? Is that part of the gimmick?

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:13 pm

Dynamite has been good so far but that Tables match was a mess. Neither Jeff or Matt should be doing those spots. Both are old and broken down. Just stop.
Last edited by skullman80 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:01 pm

FTR and the young Bucks just put on an incredible match. Tag team wrestling at it's best. FTR is ovvveerrrrr. Incredible stuff and on free TV.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:04 pm

FTR and the young Bucks just put on an incredible match. Tag team wrestling at it's best. FTR is ovvveerrrrr. Incredible stuff and on free TV.
It was never going to live up to the Briscoes match, but good stuff there. I was worried that the Bucks were going to f with FTR's momentum but thankfully that didn't happen. It took awhile to get here, but FTR is finally being allowed to show what they can do on a regular basis.

Also agree, the Hardys stuff is looking worse every week. But ignoring that debacle, the rest of the show was pretty damn good I'd say.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:10 pm

It was never going to live up to the Briscoes match, but good stuff there. I was worried that the Bucks were going to f with FTR's momentum but thankfully that didn't happen. It took awhile to get here, but FTR is finally being allowed to show what they can do on a regular basis.

Also agree, the Hardys stuff is looking worse every week. But ignoring that debacle, the rest of the show was pretty damn good I'd say.
Yeah not quite as good as the Briscoes match but close. The super hot crowd helped too.

Overall a good show...and that was without Punk appearing and Mox and Danielson only doing a backstage segment.

Dynamite is basically appointment tv for me every week. 2 hours flies by.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:38 am

This has to be the Hardy's last run, because neither guy should be going out multiple weeks in a row and doing this stuff. There was almost no need for that match last night other than to give Jeff/Matt something to do and have a callback to their glory days.

My one major criticism of AEW is that when WWE guys are hired, they're immediately taking spots from other people that AEW could be building.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:45 am

Lol... I've felt that way pretty much every time Matt Hardy and his band of rejects have been on for the last couple years.

I was hoping that Jeff would maybe help resuscitate Matt but that is already dying out.

I'm guessing that TK is paying a decent chunk of change to the Hardys so unfortunately we probably going to keep seeing them...

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:21 am

I seriously hate the Hardys.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:23 am

Matt couldn't even run to the ring last night...he basically waddled. They both look like they are in huge amounts of pain. The spots they do are just going to cripple them even more. Matt taking a back suplex outside the ring, Jeff doing the swanton off the ladder.

That whole match was a black hole and a mess and never should have been booked.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:26 am

I just really hope Tony doesn't get really dumb and give them a run with the belts after how they've looked. I know the crowd pops, but they have so many other good tag teams...they don't even need the Hardy's.

I had a glimmer of hope that Jeff would bring Matt out of his funk that was the HFO, but I was wrong. They both are washed up and bring nothing to the table at this point.