Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:48 pm

The sensible most predictable move in the history of the company. Good.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:40 pm

:shock:

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:43 pm

This is wild. Vince always finds a way to escape but imagine if this somehow were finally the thing to sink him...

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:24 pm

This one thing probably won’t but if others come forward and it snowballs, he’s done. Stephanie is gone and not expected back any time soon, Linda is 73, HHH is back full time but not in a very high profile role. If the board forces Vince out I guess WWE would go to Nick Khan?

Some points according to SRS:
• Johnny Ace may resign and have a domino effect
• People suspected Vince’s relationship with an assistant
• She went from assistant to “director”
• Stephanie knew about the investigation before leaving. Nick Khan also knew
• It’s the biggest threat to Vince since the steroids

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:46 pm

Dax and Ospreay just had a banger.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:02 pm

Finally pulled the trigger on Christian turning on JE.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:38 pm

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:41 pm

I mostly had the show on in the background this week, so it was hard to follow... seems like Forbidden Door is quickly becoming an overbooked mess, or at least the path to get there.

Dax and osprey have that match but then 950 people come running out... and Orange Cassidy. Shouldn't be anywhere near FTR.

And of course the Bucks somehow win the tag titles despite FTR being the number one contenders and not getting a sniff of a title match. Dumb. Why even have rankings at this point if the EVPs are just going to jump the line?

It's possible that I missed some things but felt like it was mostly a mess of a show from what I was trying to follow.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:08 am

Some dude is claiming WWE has released Sasha Banks.

Sean Ross Sapp was unable to get anyone to verify this, but claims the dude's source is good.

If this is true, I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with the Vince and Johnny Ace scandal.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:26 am

If that’s true, Tony better be on the phone offering her all the money. Build your division around her.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:02 am

I mostly had the show on in the background this week, so it was hard to follow... seems like Forbidden Door is quickly becoming an overbooked mess, or at least the path to get there.

Dax and osprey have that match but then 950 people come running out... and Orange Cassidy. Shouldn't be anywhere near FTR.

And of course the Bucks somehow win the tag titles despite FTR being the number one contenders and not getting a sniff of a title match. Dumb. Why even have rankings at this point if the EVPs are just going to jump the line?

It's possible that I missed some things but felt like it was mostly a mess of a show from what I was trying to follow.
I think eventually we knew it was going to come to this w/the Bucks. They're EVPs - they can pretty much Charlotte a situation and just ask to hold the titles and they'll get them. Their tag division is deep, having FTR and Bucks hold it back and forth is kind of dumb. I still like the Penta/Fenix reign the best.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:16 am

FTR deserves a nice long run, especially as faces. They could do a nice chase with them and build up to it. As mentioned above there are also a bunch of other good tag teams in AEW.

I don't mind the Bucks. Their matches are spot fests, but they are fun 99% of the time and they are smooth as hell as a team. They don't need the belts, but assuming the Hardy's were going to win before Jeff got his DUI (which would have been worse).

I'm glad they had Toni go over Britt clean...well mostly clean at least. It seems Britt is finally going back down the card a bit. I really want to see Storm and Hayter go at it, but having Storm and Rosa at Forbidden door should be a really good match.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:29 am

I think I'm annoyed about the Bucks - because like Cole, their heel gimmick is to win every time in a non-clean way. It's pretty predictable that right at the end, if they're going to win they do some cheap maneuver to get it.

I get that it's what a heel does, but I think it's just boring because they never change it up.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:29 am

Also - I can't wait until Kenny comes back. I hope Osprey is still here so they can go at it, along with Jay White. I want to see Kenny wrestle those two in AEW.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:32 am

It's tough any time somebody is an active wrestler and a big player in the office and gets a title/push. There are plenty of examples in WCW (Nash, Flair, Sullivan) and it always feels icky, even if it's deserving.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:35 am

Also - I can't wait until Kenny comes back. I hope Osprey is still here so they can go at it, along with Jay White. I want to see Kenny wrestle those two in AEW.
I keep hearing/reading that Kenny is farther away than most people think. He probably won't ever be 100% again or even 85%, but there are so many potential matches in AEW that he could have, even if he's had them in New Japan or somewhere else already.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:40 am

Supposedly, before the mess at the ppv the Hardys were going to get a run with the belts. That changed afterwards, and obviously wasn't happening either way after Jeff's DUI. They lucked out there, that would have been bad.

My biggest issue with the Bucks winning is the way that they did. FTR is by far the most over tag team, and the number one contenders, yet never got a title shot? I mean if you're going to have rankings, don't blatantly ignore them like that. Cash pointed out on Twitter that they are like 10 days from matching the length of their title reign as number 1 contenders.

And while certainly you don't want 2 teams monopolizing the belts, FTR wasn't exactly given a great run the first time around. They can have an awesome match with almost any team, over af... They would be perfect for the belts. If they don't win them from the Bucks at All Out I may riot.

Let them have a nice run and a ton of awesome matches and then let one of your younger teams eventually knock them off to get the rub.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:51 am

FTR is probably the best tag team in the world right now. Not having them be the face of the division is pretty criminal, imo. Face/Heel whatever. They're the best.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:53 am

Dax is also a great singles wrestler. Like really really good.

They need a legit run with the tag belts though.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:21 am

I still find it wild that the WWE couldn't figure these guys out. They're above-average to great every single time.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:29 am

In a world of superheroes, The Revival was kind of bland. They're great wrestlers and are perfect in AEW. They would've fit great in NWA or any of the other old territories. They're just not what WWE wants. It's the same reason why The Brain Busters didn't last very long in WWF.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:53 pm

This one thing probably won’t but if others come forward and it snowballs, he’s done. Stephanie is gone and not expected back any time soon, Linda is 73, HHH is back full time but not in a very high profile role. If the board forces Vince out I guess WWE would go to Nick Khan?

Some points according to SRS:
• Johnny Ace may resign and have a domino effect
• People suspected Vince’s relationship with an assistant
• She went from assistant to “director”
• Stephanie knew about the investigation before leaving. Nick Khan also knew
• It’s the biggest threat to Vince since the steroids
This seems to happen more and more with businesses of all types. Everyone just starts to believe the good ol’ boys club stiff is done and then a whistleblower shows it never went away and was just better hidden.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:07 pm

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:10 pm

Try as they might, WWE is still a carny business run by a bunch carnies doing gross carny ****.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:53 am

https://corporate.wwe.com/investors/new ... -120023255

The Tldr is Vince is temporarily stepping down while the investigation takes place and Stephanie is the interim CEO and chairwoman.