Pro Wrasslin' Thread

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:31 am

And also they both still wear Hot Topic clothes.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:31 am

And also they both still wear Hot Topic clothes.
That in Matt's case are about 3 sizes too small..at least the shirt is.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:28 am

Something else about that match that made no sense whatsoever... The eliminated people continued to participate in the match, and Jeff scored the winning move despite being eliminated first? Wut.

Ad@m

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Ad@m » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:50 pm

DUI charges may be the least of a former WWE manager’s concerns after a man was killed on a major highway running through Florida.

The crash happened March 25 when Hall of Famer and former WWE superstar Tamara (Tammy) Lynn Sytch f.k.a. ‘Sunny’ was traveling along US Highway 1 in Ormond Beach. Two other cars were stopped at a traffic signal when Sytch failed to stop and crashed into the back of a car, causing it to crash into the first car.

Sytch was taken to the hospital and later released after getting a blood draw to test for impairment from drugs and/or alcohol.

The driver of the second vehicle was rushed to the hospital only to be pronounced dead. He has been identified as Julian Lafrancis Lasseter of Daytona Beach Shores, Florida.

A driver and passenger in the front vehicle had injuries but didn’t go to the hospital.

Police noted that they have asked for blood results to be expedited to help with the investigation.

Sytch made a name for herself in the ’90s with the WWE as “Sunny” and managed numerous tag teams in the time she was with the company. Bringing the spotlight to The Smoking Guns, The Body Donnas, and even giving a fresh feel to the infamous Legion of Doom a.k.a. The Road Warriors.

After her time with the WWE came to an end, Sytch fell into a rocky lifestyle that led her to numerous accounts with alcohol and law enforcement. In addition to reportedly being arrested five times in four weeks in 2012, mostly for disorderly conduct, she also spent time in the Carbon County Correctional Facility, twice. Most recently she was there from March 2019 to March 2020 on a parole violation.

Sytch is also facing charges from a Jan. 2022 incident where she allegedly threatened to murder an “intimate partner” with a pair of scissors, according to numerous reports including TMZ.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:41 am

Crazy ****.

If you like violent matches, check out Yuta Wheeler-Jon Moxley from Rampage. Safe to say Yuta is pretty over. This is about the loudest I can recall a non-live Rampage crowd in some time.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:01 pm

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:19 pm

Dynamite very good again tonight minus the wtf ending segment and the women's match.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:37 pm

Lights go out... some random dude no one has ever seen shows up, but JR knows who it is... and no one cares once he tells us... ok.

I guess the women's match was supposed to 'introduce' Shafir to the TV audience, but they put her against someone know one gives two craps about and it wasn't particularly impressive. Yep, totally believe she is going to beat jade Cargill now!

But yeah, pretty good otherwise.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:04 am

Card so far for AEW's return to the Burgh 'n at:

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:33 am

That huge announcement has to be NJPW partnership or something like that.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:18 am

It sounds like the crowd got a much better ending after Dynamite went off the air.

The Blackpool Combat Club came out and Mox was talking about how great it is to come back to your hometown and hear them chanting your name. Says here's your hometown boy... And Danhausen comes out instead of Starks.

Moxley says "Who the **** is that?". Yuta tells him "he used to sorta be a friend but now it's awkward". Mox replies "you can't be hanging around with these kind of people anymore. Give me 10 push-ups now".

At some point Danhausen got a mic and insisted that Regal give him his suit and then cursed him when he refused. Regal sold it way OTT to where Danhausen retracted the curse.

At some point Starks did come out and then The Acclaimed interrupted with a rap on New Orleans that was supposed to be great but haven't seen any footage yet.

Caster eventually gets in the ring and wraps his chain around his hand and threatens to punch Regal... At which point Yuta hits him with a move, Danielson hits that flying knee, Moxley hits the Paradigm Shift, and Starks spears him out of his shoes.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:38 pm

Yuta and Wardlow are made men at this point. Both of those arcs have been fantastic. Yuta with BCC and Wardlow with MJF.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:12 pm

Oh yeah, the Wardlow-MJF stuff has been excellent. It's hilarious that MJF and Spears are 0-3 vs the Captain now.

I assume they will keep this going until the next ppv at least... The blowoff match with MJF has to be on ppv you'd think.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:02 pm

Anytime Adam Page wrestles ...he puts on a great match. Purest of babyfaces. That crown of thorns spot at the end was perfect for Easter lol.

Also Yuta is over like crazy.
Last edited by skullman80 on Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:01 am

That match was nuts. I'm sure there will be people who are offended by the crown of thorns spot (likely more feigned than real). Didn't really click for me at first that it was what they were doing. :facepalm:

No idea why they even bothered with the Butcher squash match.

Was a pretty solid episode otherwise. Interesting that they put the Texas death match on Rampage rather than Battle of the Belts.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:41 pm

The sight of that ex-basketball player in the ring with Jonathan Gresham is nuts... Dude literally looks twice as tall.

This is weird because 2 months ago I would have had a totally different opinion, but don't really agree with the result of the tnt title match.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:48 pm

I read spoilers for tonight and decided to pass on watching.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:50 pm

I highly enjoyed the Page/Cole match.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:21 am

The little Road To youtube videos AEW does are so well done. They just make Punk/Dustin last week...and the promos during that makes it seem like a huge match. Looking forward to having some fun tonight at my first wrestling event in a while.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:39 am

Very good video if it ended before the weak attempt at making anyone care about Britt's random opponent who has zero chance to win.

Really looking forward to Dustin-Punk and Jungle Boy-Oriley.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:42 am

Very good video if it ended before the weak attempt at making anyone care about Britt's random opponent who has zero chance to win.

Really looking forward to Dustin-Punk and Jungle Boy-Oriley.
At least she is trying to play heel by calling Pittsburgh .. "shitsburgh" and saying she hates Steeler fans and people in Pittsburgh are garbage. If nothing else if they play that snippet before the match it will get her huge heat from the Yinzers lol.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:48 am

Shitsburgh? Meh. She’s no Bret Hart that’s for sure.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:09 am

I know what they're trying to do, it's just kind of flat when it's someone who has only been on Dark.

Im sure the yinzers will be all riled up regardless. :)

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:14 am

And totally forgot to mention the gd coffin match between Andrade and Darby earlier.

Gonna be a good one tonight.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:24 am

Also I just decided to upgrade my tickets since they released some lower levels...so I have two tickets in 208 aisle seats row E if anyone wants them. I'd be willing to give them up less than what I paid which was about 100$ after fees for both. I don't want them to go to waste really. @nocera @the wicked child? I can transfer them through the TM APP.