Pro Wrasslin' Thread

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:38 pm

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:41 pm

WWE seems really bad. Like they needed home runs with AEW and picked the worst time to trot out some really bad stuff/terrible decisions.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:08 pm

The War room stuff was reallllllly bad. Like holy crap bad. WWE as a whole right now even with a talented roster is just bad. There is no other way to put it. It's stale. It's bad. It's not fun to watch.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:23 pm

Then you have Seth Rollins billed as a face, but he's so company-man he's practically insufferable. They really can't really produce mega stars anymore, or they don't want it. Whatever it is, the product is trash.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:18 pm

They don't make stars, they don't promote stars, they don't want any stars. All they want is the brand. They promote WWE. They don't promote their stars because that way they can never get burned when a wrestler leaves.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:23 pm

With Bruce Pritchard running off Eric Bischoff permanently Vince has his yes man back in charge.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:31 pm

I like Something to Wrestle With, but you're absolutely right. Bruce is Vince's yes man. This company will not improve until Vince dies and HHH/Steph clean house. Hopefully they start with Kevin Dunn.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:37 am

Has it really been eight years already?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:13 am

The kayfabe rachi's rug

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:33 am

I don't watch wrestling these days, but have had a fair bit of nostalgia for back in the day, so I've been listening to a lot of podcasts and read a few books like Have a Nice Day, Slobberknocker, and most recently, The Death of WCW.

I wasn't really a WCW fan ever, but man, reading this thing was like watching a long, slow trainwreck.

It's actually amazing that they pulled off the 83 Weeks thing given how poor it seems that they booked on a regular basis...

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:58 am

Has it really been eight years already?

That's weird that you can see an embedded tweet from someone that has you blocked, but if you click on the tweet itself it says that it can't be viewed.

I must have worked my way into a shoot, brother.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:21 pm

Just got tickets to go to AEW Full Gear in Baltimore on the 9th. I'm pretty effin stoked.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:43 pm

Finally caught up on AEW from this week. Another great show. The only criticism I have at the moment is they really need to work on their entrance music. Everyone's music sounds exactly the same. It's generic as hell.

By the way, NWA Power was awesome once again as well.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:53 pm

Finally caught up on AEW from this week. Another great show. The only criticism I have at the moment is they really need to work on their entrance music. Everyone's music sounds exactly the same. It's generic as hell.

Agree 100% on both. Pumped for AEW at the Pete this Wednesday. Mox vs Pac yes please.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:43 am

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:07 pm

Agree 100% on both. Pumped for AEW at the Pete this Wednesday. Mox vs Pac yes please.
Hope you got a Trump traffic plan in place...

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:39 am

I don't work in the city, and I will be nowhere near the Convention center so not really concerned. Picking my wife up from Presby on the way in tonight. Other than normal rush hour stuff I should be fine. Plus everyone will be going out of the city when I'm going in.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:44 am

I don't work in the city, and I will be nowhere near the Convention center so not really concerned. Picking my wife up from Presby on the way in tonight. Other than normal rush hour stuff I should be fine. Plus everyone will be going out of the city when I'm going in.
I saw on Reddit that AEW sent out an email regarding the Trump traffic. Did you get that? I know you won't be near the convention center but they're making it sound like all of Downtown and even stretching over to Oakland is going to be a **** show.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:59 am

I saw on Reddit that AEW sent out an email regarding the Trump traffic. Did you get that? I know you won't be near the convention center but they're making it sound like all of Downtown and even stretching over to Oakland is going to be a **** show.
I might have, but not sure. It may be a bit heavier than normal, but I'll leave a bit early. On a good day getting to oakland from my house is about 25 minutes. Even if I double that or more I will still be fine. I'm planning to leave by 4:45 or so... wife gets off at 5:30. Get down there early, park, go get something to eat then walk to the Pete.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:10 pm

@nocera a @iamjs js not sure who else is local. Had something come up and can't make it tonight. Willing to transfer my tickets if someone wants to go. 80$ for the pair, below face value. 123 row U seats 1,2. Can transfer via TM app.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:00 pm

@nocera a @iamjs js not sure who else is local. Had something come up and can't make it tonight. Willing to transfer my tickets if someone wants to go. 80$ for the pair, below face value. 123 row U seats 1,2. Can transfer via TM app.
Sorry to hear that man. Appreciate the offer but I’m not able to make it either.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:01 pm

Damn I should have gone to the show. The first hour of the show has been incredible!

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:33 pm

No joke, tonight's AEW show was the most entertained I've been by a wrestling show in over a decade.

Meanwhile, on NXT, Finn turns heel to close out the show. Holy ****! What is happening right now!

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:21 am

Sorry to hear that man. Appreciate the offer but I’m not able to make it either.
Little late on this, but thanks for the offer. Did you end up getting a buyer?

Was supposed to see Stewart Copeland over at Mr. Smalls last night and couldn't make it. Ended up getting sick, taking a half day and passed out on my couch.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:11 pm