Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:58 pm

Good news, guys. Raw is coming back to Pittsburgh on August 5th. Presale is tomorrow with the offer code RAWTV. Don't all rush out at once.
Normally they announce this at the last show in Pittsburgh, but they didn't this time. I wonder why?

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Good news, guys. Raw is coming back to Pittsburgh on August 5th. Presale is tomorrow with the offer code RAWTV. Don't all rush out at once.
I'm not sure if I would even go if were a buy one/get one free deal on Groupon. It's no secret about what I think of RAW right now, and then I'd have to subject a second person to it?

And yes, there's been a few people in here that have said the experience of being in the arena is much different than sitting at home, but 4+ hours for this product? I'm not sure if I could do it.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:11 pm

Raw is somehow worse in person than on TV because you end up sitting through commercials with no entertainment in the arena and you spend the majority of the time watching the Tron to see backstage segments/skits. Even with how I currently feel about the product, I'd go to a house show if prices were reasonable. House shows are great. TVs are awful.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:13 pm

Normally they announce this at the last show in Pittsburgh, but they didn't this time. I wonder why?
Possible that it was scheduled somewhere else and they ran into a scheduling conflict?

blackjack68

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:53 pm

Saudi Arabia?

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:16 pm

They're billing that show on Friday as a WrestleMania equivalent. Literally. They called it the "WrestleMania Equal Super Showdown" several times and in an ad last night.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:33 pm

Is that Friday show in SA? Is that why it is at 2PM?

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:49 pm

Yes.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:03 am

2pm Eastern = 9pm local time.

They will be exhausted once the last match is on.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:48 am

Nah they'll be sitting in those super comfy chairs. They'll be fine.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:33 am

I finally took both Raw and Smackdown off my DVR schedule. I usually just delete without watching them anyways. My interest is non existent at this point.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:12 am

Nah they'll be sitting in those super comfy chairs. They'll be fine.

"buh gawd, that's Jim Ross' music. What the hell is he doing here?!?!?!", or is that from a previous event?

Those chairs do look comfy. Get the audience too comfy and they might fall asleep by midnight.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:16 am

I finally took both Raw and Smackdown off my DVR schedule. I usually just delete without watching them anyways. My interest is non existent at this point.
I basically get all my info from here, my twitter feed, and another board.

It's usually dead here, and any WWE-related stuff from other twitter people is usually full of eye rolls and "well that was stupid." The third place I'll skim since it's a subset of another board. They used to be really positive about RAW and Smackdown, but even now most of them are like "why do I watch this?"

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:18 am

Source of the post "buh gawd, that's Jim Ross' music. What the hell is he doing here?!?!?!", or is that from a previous event?

Those chairs do look comfy. Get the audience too comfy and they might fall asleep by midnight.
That's from The Greatest Royal Rumble

blackjack68

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:26 pm

Yes.
I was kidding when I suggested it was in Saudi Arabia!

:lol:

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:59 pm

Early returns indicate that Undertaker-Goldberg match was..was... hoo boy, not good.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:31 pm

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:33 pm

Watching New Japan for the first time...not great Bob.

blackjack68

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby blackjack68 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:58 pm

Nailed it

Cagsjr724

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Cagsjr724 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:33 am

Early returns indicate that Undertaker-Goldberg match was..was... hoo boy, not good.
Just watched that match and damn Goldberg was out on his feet the hard way. I give the guy props for finishing the match after being knocked out for a few minutes.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:06 am

If you ever pine for the return of kayfabe, check out the comments section of any WWE post on Facebook. It is crazy how many people talk about it like it's real. The people that think it's real are about what you would expect :lol:

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:15 am

A sampling:
Shane has a big mouth and needs to have some one else fight for him. Because he knows he can't win and so does every one else. So he can't claim he's the best in the world . , best at what surely not fighting his own battles. COWARD..
SHANE COULDNT BEAT A OLD SITTING HEN HE HAS TO HAVE A MAN OR TWO OR THREE IN THERE TO DO HIS DIRTY WORK FOR HIM HE MAKES ME SICK,,,,,
Perhaps my favorite so far:
Shane never disappoints... ...wait, that's not what I meant - CLEARLY Roman & his Empire were dissapointed, how do I put this? AH! Shane's bright, brilliant - and WITTY, and has been at the forefront of the WWE since before it was the WWE - he's seen EVERY wrestler come and go - studied, broke down, and analyzed all their moves, got in the ring with, and triumphed over many legends over the span of many years - wrestling is in his blood, and I'd say "arguably" more than anyone else, as his last name's McMahon. He knows how to pick his battles, exudes cockiness, and one way or another, finds a way to either score big with a well calculated & executed win, if not, at the very least, leaving stadiums and households worldwide speechless at the sight of him leaping 50ft, elbow poised towards an unconscious opponent below. Shane O'Mac is a natural show stealer, & THAT ladies & gentlemen, is EXACTLY what you got here. You have to give it up to him, he's always, one way or another, one step ahead of his opponents.
This tickles me.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:45 pm

Just watched that match and damn Goldberg was out on his feet the hard way. I give the guy props for finishing the match after being knocked out for a few minutes.
There’s no props to be had from me. Two part timers way past their prime who have no business being in the ring anymore. Of course somebody got injured. That match was embarrassing for everybody involved but I doubt it’ll change anything. WWE will make Taker’s corpse come down the aisle Weekend At Bernie’s style as long as it either pops a number or is demanded by the Saudis.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:38 pm

There’s no props to be had from me. Two part timers way past their prime who have no business being in the ring anymore. Of course somebody got injured. That match was embarrassing for everybody involved but I doubt it’ll change anything. WWE will make Taker’s corpse come down the aisle Weekend At Bernie’s style as long as it either pops a number or is demanded by the Saudis.
Yeah neither of them deserve any props. Neither does WWE. Embarrassing. The whole saudi thing is disgusting in the first place, so it's almost karma the card was so god awful.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:41 pm

The look Taker had after the Goldberg match was like "So this is how I'm ending my career..."