Henning: Scumbag
Brock: Scumbag
Dreamer: Scumbag

Xpac: Try Hard

Justincredible: okay I guess…
JR: Regretful
Razor: victim of circumstances
Dustin: let him sing

RVD: Reveals that serial rape was an okay thing in the business and widely practiced for years. Nothing more was said.
What did Hennig do that was scumbag behavior?

I know they said he was notorious for being a ribber and I don't recall them going into detail about his ribbing past, but didn't he just put a pile of shaving cream on Lesnar's head and wrestle him? Which admittedly, not the smartest thing to do on a plane but also not something I'd quite put in the scumbag category.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Yea he was fired for the plan, but JR made it pretty clear that Vince fired him because he was always a ribber and it just got tiring.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:54 pm

He stole and burned Shawn Stasiak's passport while they were in Europe. He gave Yokozuna chocolate laced with laxatives while on an international flight, he **** in a bucket and put it under the ring because he knew Warrior had to hide under it for 3 hours before making a surprise run in. He took a **** in Road Warrior Animal's son's training potty at his house.

Aside from the passport thing, they all seem pretty tame. Mostly childish stuff. I can't find anything too terrible. You know, like Bischoff saying the first time he met the Steiner Bros, they had a referee tied up with duct tape and had sodomized him with a pencil.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:58 pm

Watched the plane ride from hell DSOTR episode this morning.

That poor flight attendant. Just awful ****. Crazy how prevalent that was during that time.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:24 pm

Flair: Scumbag
Chioda: Scumbag

RVD: Reveals that serial rape was an okay thing in the business and widely practiced for years. Nothing more was said.

I know they said he was notorious for being a ribber and I don't recall them going into detail about his ribbing past, but didn't he just put a pile of shaving cream on Lesnar's head and wrestle him? Which admittedly, not the smartest thing to do on a plane but also not something I'd quite put in the scumbag category.
Drugging people is Scumbag stuff IMO.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:26 pm

1-2-3 Kid had his eyebrows shaved off the day before his Hasbro shoot...

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:23 pm

WTF

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:42 pm

Side note, that’s the rarest Hasbro. Loose goes for about $500 and mint on card is an easy $900-$1k. I wish my folks bought me two of every Hasbro. One to play with and one to keep on card. But knowing me I would’ve opened both for some awesome evil twin angles.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:24 am

I’m up to April 96 in my Nitro watch. It’s become very repetitive. Outside of the rare Eddie or Pillman match, it’s the Hogan, Savage, Flair, Sting, and Luger show. It’s still only an hour so those 5 basically take up the entire show. A little over a month until Scott Hall debuts.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:50 am

Flair: Scumbag
Chioda: Scumbag

Drugging people is Scumbag stuff IMO.
Well yeah.

I remembered more of the comment about it being commonplace by RVD and I think Xpac, but forgot that Hennig was the one that was namedropped for it.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:04 pm

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:18 pm

god I didn’t realize until earlier today that that’s his real name. So weird that his WWE name was his first and last name effectively flipped

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:30 am

Really excited for Dynamite from Arthur Ashe. Obviously for Danielson and Omega, but the entire card looks awesome. Cody is back it seems. Rampage looks insane too with Punk’s first TV match in 7 years.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:45 am

Yeah this is going to be a huge night for AEW. Omega vs Danielson ... even if it might be schmozz finish to set up a rematch is going to be incredible.

Also the preview they did for this on Youtube is incredible. They need to run these prior to the shows or something on TV.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:52 pm

I think I convinced my wife to watch Dynamite tonight.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:52 pm

I’ve only watched Danielson/Omega but holy ****. What a match. I can’t believe they gave that away for free. That was insane. AEW feels big time. The set and the lighting easily rival WWE. I actually prefer it because not every single surface is covered with LEDs. I don’t know where they’re getting their money, but I hope it keeps flowing.

Honestly that was an incredible match. The only bad thing is I have no idea how the rest of the card is going to follow that.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:35 am

I’ve only watched Danielson/Omega but holy ****. What a match. I can’t believe they gave that away for free. That was insane. AEW feels big time. The set and the lighting easily rival WWE. I actually prefer it because not every single surface is covered with LEDs. I don’t know where they’re getting their money, but I hope it keeps flowing.

Honestly that was an incredible match. The only bad thing is I have no idea how the rest of the card is going to follow that.
Yeah. I just watched Omega/Danielson. Holy ****. That match encompasses everything I love about pro wrestling. Just two guys who are at the top of their profession going at it for 30 minutes. The crowd atmosphere helped too... that **** was Rock/Hogan at WM18 at the start. Just incredible stuff from both guys. That counter of the One Winged Angel... *chefs kiss*.

I also love being able to watch a match and not have a camera cut every 5 seconds... the production is just so much cleaner and less nauseating.

As far as the money goes.. I think Tony Khan and family are basically loaded.. legit billionaires maybe? I know they own the Jags and a soccer team too I think? The money flows very very deep with them.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:42 am

Tony Kahn's dad is a billionaire. Forget offhand where he made his money, but they have the cash to spend.

the wicked child

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby the wicked child » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:51 am

As far as the actual show goes, Omega-Danielson was the highlight of course. Not much needs to be added.

I really enjoyed FTR vs Sting and Darby Allin as well. I am worried that Darby may kill himself eventually, but damn if he isn't fun to watch. FTR could have a good tag match with pretty much anyone.

Loved the ending with Darby hitting the coffin drop on Cash to prevent him from breaking up the Scorpion Death Lock.

MJF and BP Jr wasn't bad either.

The other 2 matches felt a bit off to me for some reason. Not bad, but not quite there.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:55 am

I only watched Omega/Danielson, Punk Promo and MJF/Pillman Jr so far... still got the rest of the show to go.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:24 am

I have a hard time thinking that AEW doesn't make a profit now, considering they're hand in hand with TNT.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:28 am

I have a hard time thinking that AEW doesn't make a profit now, considering they're hand in hand with TNT.
They're still on their initial TV deal though so who knows. And I'm glad the Khans are billionaires, but billionaires hate losing money just like normal people. I'm sure AEW is doing great with ticket sales, merch, etc. I'm not sure what their TV deal is but hopefully they'll cash in on the next go around. Alls I know is the production level is high and their talent roster just got a whole lot more expensive.

*edit*
I was wrong. They recently signed an extension.
https://prowrestlingnewshub.com/aew-new ... a-tv-deal/
At the time, sources have revealed that AEW’s contract deal extension was for 4 years and worth $175 million, or just under $45 million per year. That deal would also include an option for TNT to re-sign AEW in 2024 at a significantly increased price.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:51 pm

Finally saw Hall’s debut. It’s even more awesome in context. What I didn’t realize is Nitro completely changed its format that show as well. It was the first two hour show and the first show with Schiavone and Zbyszko. It feels like the start of a new Nitro era.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:02 pm

I also love being able to watch a match and not have a camera cut every 5 seconds... the production is just so much cleaner and less nauseating.
Matches aside, I think I just realized why AEW is so much easier to watch. Bucky Beaver is squeezing so many camera shots in a minute that it's almost like a strobe light.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:36 pm

the NXT 2.0 set is an eyesore. The constant flashing colors are a distraction from everything else that is going on in the ring.