Pro Wrasslin' Thread

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Painful

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Isn't it great seeing current WWE wrestlers retreating in fear from 50+ year old men who can barely walk? WWE continues to show us that its current product is inferior to what happened 20 years ago. So, why should anybody watch? Why not just watch old shows?

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:17 pm

Why not just watch old shows?
That's what I do :) The nice thing is I realized I stopped watching as much in late 99 (when Stone Cold had his neck surgery), so I am watching all of this content for the first time. I've deliberately avoided the Something to Wrestle podcasts about events/wrestlers during this period, and I even allow myself to mark out a bit during the surprises/swerves :lol:

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:29 pm

Ever after the dozens and dozens of times a year we see the legends, when they were all standing out on the stage at the end was the first time I actually felt that it was sad. They all just looked so old and I felt a bit sad for them. And I don't want to see gray haired, overweight, trouble walking DX out there. Just let me have the memories from highschool. Thank God Austin still looks like an ass kicker in his 50's and doesn't show up that often so it's always awesome when he does.

And as usual the Ron Simmons "Damn" spot was perfect and got a good laugh from me.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Yeah Austin is one of the few who legit looks like he could still go out there and kick some ass. Well him and Santino.

Also **** Hogan.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:56 pm

Ever after the dozens and dozens of times a year we see the legends, when they were all standing out on the stage at the end was the first time I actually felt that it was sad. They all just looked so old and I felt a bit sad for them. And I don't want to see gray haired, overweight, trouble walking DX out there. Just let me have the memories from highschool. Thank God Austin still looks like an ass kicker in his 50's and doesn't show up that often so it's always awesome when he does.

And as usual the Ron Simmons "Damn" spot was perfect and got a good laugh from me.
Did DX age in dog years since their last old school appearance? I mean I know these guys are now all in their 50s, but it looked like their aged a good 5-10 years from the RAW 25 show last year.

Jim

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:07 pm

Yeah Austin is one of the few who legit looks like he could still go out there and kick some ass. Well him and Santino.

Also **** Hogan.

Except for his white hair, Nash.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:19 pm

Did DX age in dog years since their last old school appearance? I mean I know these guys are now all in their 50s, but it looked like their aged a good 5-10 years from the RAW 25 show last year.
Shawn looks incredibly rough.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:23 pm

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:26 pm

Also **** Hogan.

I'm not sure Nash has knees or quads anymore. He's one of the ones who can barely walk up the ring steps.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:31 pm

It was funny seeing Nash try to get Stone Colds attention, and SC completely ignored him, which left Nash quietly sipping beer.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:47 pm

In vintage X-Pac form, you could see him trying to get in the front of the camera shot towards the tail end of the broadcast with Stone Cold. He's such a little sht.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:26 pm

In vintage X-Pac form, you could see him trying to get in the front of the camera shot towards the tail end of the broadcast with Stone Cold. He's such a little sht.
They don’t call it X-Pac heat for nothing.

Jim

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:41 pm

Also **** Hogan.

I'm not sure Nash has knees or quads anymore. He's one of the ones who can barely walk up the ring steps.
But Mash still has the look. Maybe keeping up for movie stuff? When they first walked down and Michaels looked like he was doing a Yoda impression, Nash did this fist to the sky thing and it still looked right.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:43 pm

HA. I missed the segment where Sami Zayn said the show looked like the Attitude Era through the FaceApp. :lol:

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:38 pm

Also **** Hogan.

But Nash still has the look. Maybe keeping up for movie stuff? When they first walked down and Michaels looked like he was doing a Yoda impression, Nash did this fist to the sky thing and it still looked right.
The Boogeyman looks like he could still go. I had no idea he was in his mid-50s.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 pm

What did the Boogeyman do to be in such good graces with the WWE? I can't recall a single match of his. I only remember spot appearances here an there.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:09 am

Also **** Hogan.

But Mash still has the look. Maybe keeping up for movie stuff? When they first walked down and Michaels looked like he was doing a Yoda impression, Nash did this fist to the sky thing and it still looked right.
Funny you should say that...

Woof.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:05 am

What did the Boogeyman do to be in such good graces with the WWE? I can't recall a single match of his. I only remember spot appearances here an there.
I'll be honest, I don't remember much about him. I vaguely remember him feuding with JBL when he first came up, but not much else. Even going through his wiki page, I don't remember most of the stuff posted. But that was also around the time where I had stopped watching.

I almost forgot these two briefly crossed paths at WM.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:18 pm

All Elite Wrestling to Launch on TNT Wednesdays in October
https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/aew-tn ... 203277974/

They'll be on Wednesdays from 8-10 pm beginning October 2nd at Capital One Arena in DC. We know they can put on a good wrestling shows, but a weekly "episodic" show with overarching storylines is much harder than that. I hope they succeed.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:15 pm

I hope they succeed as well, but as you said running weekly tv is much more difficult than doing one off events.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:48 pm

Just got an email from WWE saying Lesnar will be at Pittsburgh’s Raw on the 5th. And it’s 2 for 1. Still a pass.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:52 pm

The more I think about it the more I don’t think AEW should be live. It would be so much more cost effective to have episodes in the can and also would be easier to keep talent fresh.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:56 am

The more I think about it the more I don’t think AEW should be live. It would be so much more cost effective to have episodes in the can and also would be easier to keep talent fresh.
Cheaper for sure, but the results would be out immediately so what's the point of watching?

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:04 am

Basically, how NXT is, they have the live results on reddit almost immediately, and the episodes don't come out right away.