Pro Wrasslin' Thread

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:42 am

Also another opinion that I see vilified constantly in a world of body shaming, etc. Nia Jax I feel has gotten uncomfortably big even the past year and it's not big and beautiful, it's increased danger of her hurting other wrestlers even more than she does now.
Her body size has nothing to do with her punching Becky Lynch in the eye. She's just a bad worker regardless of her weight.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:52 am

Also another opinion that I see vilified constantly in a world of body shaming, etc. Nia Jax I feel has gotten uncomfortably big even the past year and it's not big and beautiful, it's increased danger of her hurting other wrestlers even more than she does now.
Her body size has nothing to do with her punching Becky Lynch in the eye. She's just a bad worker regardless of her weight.
Not talking about Becky Lynch's eye, that's just sloppy. I think her bigger weight is not what's best for business, and I'm fine with that. Curvy doesn't mean it's ok to be obese.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:57 am

Hmm. I have to disagree with you. I miss the diversity of body sizes in professional wrestling. The "big man" doesn't really exist anymore. And you know, looking back at the greatest big men, most have died way too young, so I definitely see your point. But man there was something special about seeing Bam Bam fly off the top rope, Andre sit on Hogan, Earthquake crush Damien, or Vader doing the moonsault, Yoko bonsai-dropping everybody. ****. Every single one of those names died young. Okay, I get it now.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:15 am

I have no issue about Nia being larger. I think she's gotten progressively large enough that it's more of a risk. She's beyond self-proclaimed curvy now, imo.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:28 am

I just read through the results and it sounds like another **** show. Also who the hell are Lucha House Party? And why would they split up Drew and Dolph? And why is Baron Corbin still a thing?

I tuned in just to see if they could top last week. It became so bad I had to keep watching. So jokes on me I guess. But it was awful.
Sasha and Bayley had another Q & A where people in the crowd asked them questions like "If you could have any super power, what would it be." And Dean Ambrose did half a promo wearing a gas mask because his gimmick now is that he's a germaphobe?? :?
I turned it on for maybe five minutes last night. So now Alexa is now a GM or something or other and is leading interviews? I'm sorry, but I'm bored of wrestlers being GMs because they can't think of a storyline for them to use. I know I've beat this dead horse before, but why can't they find somebody who is going to be an actual figurehead that announces big matches, "suspensions", etc etc.? Between Alexa, Paige, Corbin (who I'm beyond bored with at this point), Angle, and previously AJ, I just can't take it the "oh noes, a new RAW GM" thing seriously.

So wacky Dean is now heel germaphobe Dean? Way to expand his character. I thought they were gonna make him a silent heel after the initial split. If you want to give a wrestler a germaphobe gimmick, give it to somebody lower on the card. Give it to R-Truth. Give it to Heath Slater.

I think I'm at my breaking off point. Network has been long cancelled, and I really didn't miss it when I decided to switch over to MNF and eventually RDR2. I'll probably still casually follow: read the news, this thread, and maybe some stuff on twitter from other people in my timeline. At best, I'll check in for the Royal Rumble and WM since there are other ways to view without paying $9.99, but to say the product sucks right now would be giving it too much credit.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:34 am

To be fair, Alexa is injured so it's a way to keep her on TV without actually competing. Paige and Angle are retired but have name recognition so the audience gives a ****. Corbin is garbage. I'm with you there. I think the bigger problem is WWE feels like they NEED to have an on-camera authority figure. It's been the same formula since 1997. Jack Tunney only showed up when a big controversy needing settled. The evil twin referee, Macho Man coming back from retirement, Lex and Bret co-winning the Rumble. He wasn't there every week making matches because the audience understood that happened behind the scenes.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:23 pm

To be fair, Alexa is injured so it's a way to keep her on TV without actually competing. Paige and Angle are retired but have name recognition so the audience gives a ****. Corbin is garbage. I'm with you there. I think the bigger problem is WWE feels like they NEED to have an on-camera authority figure. It's been the same formula since 1997. Jack Tunney only showed up when a big controversy needing settled. The evil twin referee, Macho Man coming back from retirement, Lex and Bret co-winning the Rumble. He wasn't there every week making matches because the audience understood that happened behind the scenes.
You knew exactly where I was going.

Just give us a commissioner who shows up only when major **** needs resolved, not when two wrestlers are shouting and slapping each other backstage. Have him show up 2-3x a year on the titantron, maybe make a public appearance so it actually feels important, and FFS don't make it a wrestler/crooked authority figure who feels the needs to get physically involved at the ring. That angle has also been beaten to death for two decades.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:17 pm

@Jim has a very underrated point, IMO. Now that he pointed out the set piece stuff with the female wrestlers, I realize how much I've noticed that. There does seem to be a phenomenon where in these women's matches, the matches move from set piece to set piece rather than organically flowing. I'm sure that has a lot to do with Ronda being green, but I've noticed that for a while in other matches too.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:06 pm

Rhyno/Rhino retired last night apparently. Last great ECW star and my favorite spear in the business. His Gore through tables was spectacular.
https://mobile.twitter.com/brianthegupp ... 5059862533
One Of The Best GORES!
@Rhyno313

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:59 am

@Jim has a very underrated point, IMO. Now that he pointed out the set piece stuff with the female wrestlers, I realize how much I've noticed that. There does seem to be a phenomenon where in these women's matches, the matches move from set piece to set piece rather than organically flowing. I'm sure that has a lot to do with Ronda being green, but I've noticed that for a while in other matches too.
I don't think it's just the women doing it. When you get those long combos with the men, they also seem to have that second or two pause where you can just tell it's gonna be a long set of moves, one of which will be a reversal, one will be flip or a backflip.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Mrs Foley's baby boy will be on hand at the Wheeling Nailers game this Saturday. Thanks to my connections, I will be meeting and greeting him prior to when the unwashed masses and marks are even allowed in the building. Hopefully grab a pic to post.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:00 pm

That's awesome. He's a really nice guy.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 pm

dammit, this is my last week of curling for a month. Had it been a week later, I would have been more than happy to meet Mrs. Foley's baby boy.

Have a nice day.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:01 pm

It's also Teddy Bear Toss Night. I'm worried Mick's going to get flashbacks

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:46 pm

Match quality on this show has been pretty good. AJ/Bryan just has a great match. Rhonda/Nia was also surprisingly good.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:48 pm

Becky, Charlotte, Asuka are heating the hell out of each other. This match is brutal

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:25 pm

I turned it on for a bit.

Cole was talking over Graves/Renee the entire time during the Ambrose match.

Couldn't take him anymore, turned it off.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:27 pm

I turned it on for a bit.

Cole was talking over Graves/Renee the entire time during the Ambrose match.

Couldn't take him anymore, turned it off.
I watched the majority of the show on mute. Looks like it was the right call. Also the Ambrose/Rollins match was probably the weakest of the night.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:21 am

By the way, here's the most brutal spot of the night. I'm very surprised Charlotte was able to finish the match after this.
https://streamable.com/jtqr4

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:04 pm

By the way, here's the most brutal spot of the night. I'm very surprised Charlotte was able to finish the match after this.
https://streamable.com/jtqr4
Damn....thinking that table was supposed to give?

I just saw the replay of Ronda pushing the ladder over. It cracks me up that Charlotte and whoever it was fell like four feet onto their own two feet and acted like they just got pushed off the top of the cage, lol.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:35 pm

ouch

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:47 pm

Yeah that table should've broken immediately instead of Charlotte's ribs taking the full brunt of Becky's fall. That video cuts off but in the live feed you could hear Charlotte say "Oh god, ****." Wouldn't be surprised if she worked through a few broken ribs.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:02 pm

Haha George Kittle of the 49ers rushed his post game presser because he was trying to get to TLC after the game.

shafnutz05

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:41 pm

Haha George Kittle of the 49ers rushed his post game presser because he was trying to get to TLC after the game.
And was wearing a vintage Stone Cold shirt. I love this guy more and more.

https://twitter.com/KNBR/status/1074501 ... 45792?s=19

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:26 pm

All the McMahons came to the ring to announce they’re taking the WWE in a new direction. New superstars, new matchups, new stories. And how do they start this new era? Baron Corbin vs a barely mobile Kurt Angle.