Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:56 pm

1 star match

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:26 pm

Crowd counting down the time during the iron Man match like it's the rumble is beyond lame.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Really really lame.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Turned on the network to see lashley beat reigns. Not sure if anyone cares about that feud.

Background noise I guess.
It was bad. Crowd hated it.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:45 pm

That was a dumb finish.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:50 am

Turned on the network to see lashley beat reigns. Not sure if anyone cares about that feud.

Background noise I guess.

Last two shows I've attended the Big Dawg has lost clean. Vince will have me banned from all future events.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:00 am

No interest in sitting through this crap live or even watching it on the network.
I found a stream last night that would go for 5 minutes at a time. Eventually it would lose video but still provide audio, and then eventually would freeze for a few minutes before kicking back on. It was background noise for me, so I really didn't care.

I couldn't even trouble myself to find another stream. If this PPV would have been held somewhere else besides PPG, I doubt I would have even bothered looking for a stream.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:28 pm

Vince wasn't even at the show last night. They made everyone fly in so Hulk (the real story) could apologize for being caught, as opposed to just being a racist.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:14 pm

I'm really embarrassed for Pittsburgh for the lame crowd chants during the iron man match. Over the passed, say, 5 years, I've grown to hate WWE crowds.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:18 pm

I know I commented on the crowd being lame last night, and the counting down thing was very lame. That being said... can't really blame them when WWE puts on a **** show and a **** product. The Iron Man match was not awful because both Rollins and Ziggler can go, but it was not laid out well at all and dragged a good bit. The ending was also awful.

WWE has no one to blame but themselves for the most part when the crowd turns on the show. Put out a good product and it won't happen. Still disrespectful to ziggler and rollins though as they tired their best to put out a good match.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Still disrespectful to ziggler and rollins though as they tired their best to put out a good match.
That's the thing that bothers me about the whole thing. Neither of those guys deserve to have the crowd to hijack the match like that. Especially Rollins who has been killing it all year. I expect that to happen to a match like Reigns and Lashley (which wasn't a bad match btw).

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:34 pm

The shows are too long, and the quality was awful from what I read last night. I'd blame the crowd for a lot of things, but the WWE needs to cut length, or make better matches throughout the entire card.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:06 pm

I know I commented on the crowd being lame last night, and the counting down thing was very lame. That being said... can't really blame them when WWE puts on a **** show and a **** product. The Iron Man match was not awful because both Rollins and Ziggler can go, but it was not laid out well at all and dragged a good bit. The ending was also awful.

WWE has no one to blame but themselves for the most part when the crowd turns on the show. Put out a good product and it won't happen. Still disrespectful to ziggler and rollins though as they tired their best to put out a good match.
the problem is that I don't think you can reverse it. Once the WWE - or even as early as the WWF with the New Age Outlaws intro - made it easy for the crowds to sing along with catchphrases and chants, every year it has been taken up a notch. If you tell them to stop it, they'll only do it twice as much.

They made their bed, and now they have to lie in it.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:15 pm

It sucks for the performers but they can blame the company they work for. For all I see, New Japan, ROH, etc put on long shows, and this doesn't happen there. They want to extend these PPVs back to 7pm, so now 4 hours minimum, then you better not put on crap so the crowd has to entertain themselves. 2 or 3 good matches last night after people have sat there for 4 hours just wont cut it. I sat in back right next to the ramp last night, thats the first time I've sat there and its the only reason I had any fun. I walked up to a bunch of empty rows in 112 to watch the matches. Just not entertaining.

Not to mention we were at a show titled "Extreme Rules." There was a cage match, and a "weapons" match involving 4ft 100lb Alexa Bliss. Out of 11 matches.

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 pm

NJPWs G1 seems better than anything the WWE has put together recently.

I also think if you're unwilling to show blood, stop calling the event Extreme Rules. Extreme Rules originally was their way of keeping the ECW style alive. If you're not going to do it appropriately. Stop doing it.

Pavel Bure

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:09 pm

If you thought the fans hated Lashley vs. Reigns last night just wait for Lashley vs. Reigns in a ram it down your throat match next week.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Nothing about this stupid show makes any sense. Pittsburgh,as a crowd, was taking a bit of a beating online today, but theres no blaming them more than the next town. It'll happen at another place soon and its going to keep happening.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:18 am

I had it on for about 10 minutes, and they were doing the usual 8 different wrestler "no, I should be the one fighting Brock for the championship" promo. Once I heard "ITS!! DA!!!! BIG!!!!!! DAWG!!!!!!!!!!", I turned it off, switched over to the HR Derby, and never looked back. I can't think of a single storyline that is interesting right now.

So not only have they lost me on the network, they can't even draw me on a free weekly show. What makes that bad is that it's the summer and there's literally nothing else on tv right now.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:44 pm

I DVR raw and smackdown every week.. never really watch a minute of them. They have such a good roster right now, but all the storylines are just garbage pretty much. It's sad.

I keep the network just to stratch my itch to watch old stuff and their specials they do. NXT is still delivering though on a weekly basis just sucks once someone gets called up they basically do nothing for the most part.

Cagsjr724

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Cagsjr724 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Smackdown Live was solid once again. Sadistic heel Randy Orton is effing awesome.
Randy pulling on Jeff Hardy's ear gauge hole had me looking away from the tv.

Spangler

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:45 pm

I heard Andrade Almas had a match with Styles, and it was as good as you would expect. I was at work so I missed it to much disappointment.

NailedPenguin

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:02 am

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Found episodes of Saturday night's main event on YouTube which is where I first came into contact with wrestling and it is as epic as I remember