Postby Pavel Bure » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:40 pm

So Enzo... the accusation sounds bogus and the girl is squirrel nuts

Cagsjr724

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Cagsjr724 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:08 pm

They just released Enzo.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:57 pm

It's been said that Enzo has had some questionable friendships outside the business, plus the dates and location checks out with authorities having record of the incident as well.

Enzo must not be a really smart person.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:22 pm

I just want to say overall Raw 25 was a pretty **** show. Actually 95% **** outside of the opening segment.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:29 pm

It sucked.

slappybrown

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby slappybrown » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 pm

I watched about 2/3 of the show, which is the most I think I have watched a Raw in probably 20 plus years. A few questions:

(1) why can they not shoot the matches they way they did at the Manhattan Center? the angle and look is so much better, and is much closer. this may be me being an old.

(2) because they constantly switch cameras, they miss stuff non stop. Even at the Manhattan Center, during the DX segment they repeatedly missed their camera spots.

(3) why arent the old dudes integrated into the actual shows? Its fan service, which I get, but its ONLY fan service -- why dont they interfere in matches to actually make a difference. everything I saw was just after the fact stuff that doesnt make any meaningful impact on the people that actually work there.

(4) what in the flying f are the red tag team belts with grandma's sterling silver platters glued to them. they look terrible.

overall, I will continue listening podcasts about when the wwf was good and not very bad like it is now

Morkle

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Morkle » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:54 pm

They just released Enzo.
Presumably released because he didn't let WWE know he was under investigation.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 pm

They really botched this show, and I mean badly. There's so much more that they could have done.

The opener with Steph, Shane, Vinnie Mac, and Stone Cold was fine. I still think it should have been done in Manhattan. Wouldn't it make sense to open the show in the place where the show originated? Plus we would have gotten the JR call of "STONE COLD! STONE COLD! STONE COLD!!!!"

There were plenty of legends that could have been brought into other segments. Instead it just seemed like they crammed some of them in just for the sake of having them on screen for 15-20 seconds. You could have brought in Brother Love for his own interview segment. The Brooklyn Brawler (and I can't believe I'm gonna say this) should have been brought out, even to run interference in a match. Hey he got a pop in Brooklyn before on a PPV. You had enough former GMs in attendance that each of them could have scheduled a match for the night instead of being paraded out to the stage. Same thing with the divas onstage. You could have given a few of them a mic and had them talk about not having their chance at the Royal Rumble or something.

Lots of notables missing: Rock, Bret Hart (who at least sent a tweet), Foley (who supposedly didn't attend because he wanted to keep the storyline of being fired intact. Umm... ok), Edge (who I thought was advertised for weeks as showing up. And maybe @NailedPenguin can answer this: where was Barry Darsow?

The DX segment? **** garbage. I think they rehash the same script that they used the last time they were on.. and the time before... and the time before... etc etc etc. You can't say that, the war on WCW, we're getting old, etc. The one bad guy who rarely makes an appearance on RAW ends up having his entrance cut by a commercial.

There's more I can rant on, but it's just not worth the effort to type it.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 pm

They just released Enzo.
Presumably released because he didn't let WWE know he was under investigation.
and you can't do that.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:17 pm

I didn't hate the 25th anniversary like some, but it was just ok. Obviously could have been a lot better.

I thought it was cool having the "Balor Club" come out with DX. It would have been better if they turned heel and attacked DX, but ain't nobody burying H like that.

I can see practically everyone grimace at PG DX as they were cutting their promo including HHH and HBK. You're talking about the same guy who simulated fellatio to a fan, in detail, on live tv.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 pm

HBK isn't going to do or say anything crazy anyways he's all borne again or whatever now. DX with the guys being old and a nostalgia act just doesn't work. It's dumb.

Other than the opening segment I just thought the entire show was just bad. It was poorly put together, it was poorly timed. It just felt off. It was also dumb to do this on the go home show to the rumble.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:37 am

I didn't hate the 25th anniversary like some, but it was just ok. Obviously could have been a lot better.

I thought it was cool having the "Balor Club" come out with DX. It would have been better if they turned heel and attacked DX, but ain't nobody burying H like that.

I can see practically everyone grimace at PG DX as they were cutting their promo including HHH and HBK. You're talking about the same guy who simulated fellatio to a fan, in detail, on live tv.
it was a C- show at best, which sucks because despite me slamming it, I was really looking forward to it.

I agree that it would have been the perfect time to turn Balor Club. Was kinda hoping for it, but like you said, nobody buries HHH on a big stage. Plus with Gallows/Anderson being... I don't know what they are at this point. I don't think they are full-on face or are they that role in-between face/heel? I don't think they are full-on heels anymore, and it would be weird to turn them back so soon. Then again, it's WWE.

And did HBK have a few cold ones before the show? Quite a few people on twitter said he looked wrecked.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:13 am

Vince McMahon to make a 'major sports announcement' at 3pm.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:52 pm

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:37 pm

hahah man. The original XFL failed even when the culture and audience wanted “extreme” programming. This will fail as well.

Hopefully they’ll at least give teams time to practice this time.

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Apparently Vince said that NFL games being 3 hours is too long. Wonder if he even watches Raw?

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:45 pm

Also as far as team locations, Vince said they’re looking at playing in cities that have an NFL team currently. He specifically mentioned Pittsburgh as a possibility.

Spangler

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby Spangler » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:35 pm

As someone mentioned on Reddit, Big Cass is really screwed with the loss of Enzo. I actually feel bad for Cass.

Anything that put Cass over was shared with Enzo It wouldn't be surprising if anything affiliated with Enzo gets erased from WWE history if this incident did indeed happen like it was said.

Cass had 1/10 the charisma as Enzo, and as a "big guy", he wasn't all that impressive.

FreeCandy44

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby FreeCandy44 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:33 pm

Anybody know of any reliable wwe streams for the rumble?

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:57 pm

Earliest the rumble has been on the card ever...not even an hour in.

iamjs

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby iamjs » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:57 pm

I can't believe they're doing the mens' Royal Rumble this early. Wonder how many people will leave after it's finished.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Wonder if the womens rumble closes the show?

nocera

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby nocera » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:59 pm

Yeah what the hell? Must not be a popular winner. AKA Reigns.

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:06 pm

Women's rumble closing the show. I dunno about that. Gonna be tough to keep the crowd through the whole thing

https://411mania.com/wrestling/royal-ru ... confirmed/

skullman80

Pro Wrasslin' Thread

Postby skullman80 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:14 pm

Anyone who didn't see the gargano vs Almas match from takeover last night go watch it now...it's damn near perfect 5 star perfection.