Cooking and Dining

mamaemeritus

Cooking and Dining

Postby mamaemeritus » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:15 am

Got a new Lloyd's Detroit pizza pan. Anxious to make a pie in it. Looks like I want to use Wisconsin brick cheese. Can I get that at the Iggle?
I know, I checked it already. The shipping costs more than the cheese.

Ad@m

Cooking and Dining

Postby Ad@m » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:17 am

I also noticed that. That’s why I didn’t purchase it.

MR25

Cooking and Dining

Postby MR25 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:17 am

What temp and time do you air fry your pizza?

I've been a microwave guy forever (I stick a shot glass of water in there because that apparently helps it not get soggy?) but we have an air fryer here and I've been using it more often.

shafnutz05

Cooking and Dining

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:34 am

For Christmas this year, my cousin in Chicago sent us a couple of deep dish pizzas from Lou Malnati's. Think we will make those tonight.

willeyeam

Cooking and Dining

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:52 am

I've been a microwave guy forever (I stick a shot glass of water in there because that apparently helps it not get soggy?) but we have an air fryer here and I've been using it more often.
think i did 360 for 4 mins. it was good

MrKennethTKangaroo

Cooking and Dining

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:55 am

Our air fryer temp /time settings are janky (just dials). I think it was around 350 with around 4 minutes like ulf said. just eyeballed it until it looked ooey gooey and delicious.

Our actual oven is electric and you can't reheat stuff in their becuase the heat gets super intense while the oven is preheating. so reheating in the airfryer is a must.

tifosi77

Cooking and Dining

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:21 pm

For Christmas this year, my cousin in Chicago sent us a couple of deep dish pizzas from Lou Malnati's. Think we will make those tonight.
We did that last year. (Mrs Tif was born in suburban Chicago) We still have a cheese casserole not-pizza in the freezer that I doubt we'll ever actually cook. But the meat lovers thing was really good, and I'd get it again. We got it through a thing called "Taste Of Chicago", and we (co-workers) got Portillo's hot beef sandos every Christmas when I worked at Konami..... ​but I'm wary of some of the other products they offer. Like, I'm not at all confident in the hot dog kits, for example. I base this on nothing, by the way.

blackjack68

Cooking and Dining

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:21 pm

Are you talking reheating or cooking?

Cook in the oven. Reheat on cast iron skillet or air fryer. Air Fryer 390 degrees for about 3-4 minutes depending on style of pizza and how crisp you like it.

Viva la Ben

Cooking and Dining

Postby Viva la Ben » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:23 pm

The air fryer was the 2021 kitchen appliance mvp

tifosi77

Cooking and Dining

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:29 pm

While I'm still not permitted to go into unique features, the product I was testing for Breville last year was a new flagship countertop oven. It has an air fryer mode that I got more use out of than I expected. It ushered in the return of Ore-Ida Zesties to my life, so thanks for that Breville.

NTP66

Cooking and Dining

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:40 pm

Source of the post The air fryer was the 2021 kitchen appliance mvp
As it should be.

MR25

Cooking and Dining

Postby MR25 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:49 pm

Are you talking reheating or cooking?

Cook in the oven. Reheat on cast iron skillet or air fryer. Air Fryer 390 degrees for about 3-4 minutes depending on style of pizza and how crisp you like it.

Reheating

dodint

Cooking and Dining

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:45 pm

Tried a chicken patty in the air fryer for lunch. Not bad. It did deliver the crispiness I was hoping for.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Cooking and Dining

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:48 pm

Tried a chicken patty
Mikey:

RonnieFranchise

Cooking and Dining

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:56 pm

The handle broke on our Cosori air fryer the other day, burned both my hands and dumped 400 degree potatoes all over the floor that I somehow kept the doggos away from. Sent them pics and they are sending me a new one.

NTP66

Cooking and Dining

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:44 pm

Tried a chicken patty in the air fryer for lunch. Not bad. It did deliver the crispiness I was hoping for.

mac5155

Cooking and Dining

Postby mac5155 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:28 pm

Nice, thanks. I saw it could do fish which had me interested as well, good to know it works.
My wife loves salmon with Mccormick garlic and herb grillmates seasoning. I enjoy chicken breast with weber kickin chicken. We both eat those 2x a week. I drizzle with EVOO to get a nice crisp outside on them.

Like everyone else my time and temp always seems to vary. I have a double basket ninja and I swear sometimes it takes 20 minutes for a chicken breast and other times it's done in 13. Just get an instant read thermometer and constantly check.

Nuge

Cooking and Dining

Postby Nuge » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:52 pm

We had an air fryer that we used quite a bit when we got it, but lost interest with it over time. We were in the market for a new toaster oven so we got the Ninja 10 in 1 which has an air fryer mode. It has been way better than the basket style. The capacity is better and everything cooks more evenly. I made some wings in it last week and they turned out perfect.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Cooking and Dining

Postby count2infinity » Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:58 pm

We bought the air fryer lid for our instant pot. It’s great.

skullman80

Cooking and Dining

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:06 pm

We had an air fryer that we used quite a bit when we got it, but lost interest with it over time. We were in the market for a new toaster oven so we got the Ninja 10 in 1 which has an air fryer mode. It has been way better than the basket style. The capacity is better and everything cooks more evenly. I made some wings in it last week and they turned out perfect.
We got one of those for Christmas. Love it.

Nuge

Cooking and Dining

Postby Nuge » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:13 pm

We made pizzas in it like two days after we got it and they were awesome. So far I think I've used 7 of the settings and everything has been great.

skullman80

Cooking and Dining

Postby skullman80 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:21 pm

We made pizzas in it like two days after we got it and they were awesome. So far I think I've used 7 of the settings and everything has been great.
We made homemade pizzas in it on NYE. Came out fantastic.

RonnieFranchise

Cooking and Dining

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:15 pm

We have been doing the Frozen Chicago pizzas at the holidays since we took the kids there several years ago. We like both Lou Malnati’s and Giordano’s in person but the Lou’s frozen wins out no contest. Not sure if it’s because it’s just not as “stuffed” so it cooks up better or what it is.

We get the 6 pack which comes out to about $20 each. Eat a couple over the holidays and remember the rest are in there occasionally as a surprise the rest of the year.

Also the Lou Malnati’s house dressing is great as both a dressing and as a marinade.

For some reason there is randomly a Giordano’s in Canton, OH if you need a fix.

robbiestoupe

Cooking and Dining

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:55 am

I'm on the fence on the air fryer. We don't eat chicken nuggets/patties, fries or any of that other stuff regularly. Kids do, but they wouldn't appreciate the fryer. Unless it was a direct replacement for another kitchen item like the microwave or toaster, it'll just be another thing to store away in our already filled cabinets.

Maybe some day...

NTP66

Cooking and Dining

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:16 am

I keep ours in our utility closet next to the kitchen, so it's always out of the way. If I had to list my favorite things to cook in it:
  • Sweet potato fries
  • Skin on chicken thighs and drumsticks
  • Cooking/reheating frozen anything - fish, tots, etc.
  • Reheating leftovers (wayyy better than using the microwave, and much faster than a toaster oven)