49%
Get that urchin away from me
51%

Total votes: 37
Reveutopique

Hot or Not: Amy Schumer edition

Postby Reveutopique » Fri May 29, 2015 6:49 am

LOLOLOLOL

This coming from the girl who's one and only joke is about how much she sleeps around??

What does the article have to do with her joke of sleeping around?

The article talks about how often times men dislike it when women take positions of power and do their jobs as comedians.

She says she doesn't think people like it when women talk for too long because it reminds them off their mothers nagging them. She goes on to day that sometimes she had to trick people into listening to her.

What do her jokes about sleeping around have to do with that?

I don't see the connection here.
Because it comes off as whining that women aren't being taken seriously in comedy, but when 95% of your material is about banging tons of dudes, what do you expect? Maybe it has less to do with men not liking women in position of power and more about you having basically one joke. She couldn't even title her tv show without a veiled reference to her vag. Watch her (I think) first stand up special on CC. She ends nearly every single joke with "Amirite ladies.." You can't aim your standup almost exclusively towards females then get mad that men don't like it.

Also taking the gender role completely out of this, how many jokes and sketches of the same thing can you take? I'm not saying I've never laughed at her stuff or never found her funny, but that was a long time ago when I heard her current material the 1st,2nd, and 3rd time around
Ah ok gotcha.
Agreed.
I haven't seen too much of her stuff but a lot of what I have seen is, I guess you could say feminist.
I definitely can see your point with some comedians.
I think George Carlin is pitch perfect and he's a tough standard to beat. He was extremely varied in the subjects he talked about. And yes it was easy for me, as a female to identify with him even though he was a man. :lol:

It's funny cause I was complaining to Kaiser about how it seemed like 90% of the time, whenever I see a promotion for a female comedian it's always her being sexy funny, which is just another way for her to be sexy. And I think it's weird that females in the entertainment industry complain about those things and then at the same time use their sexuality to sell themselves or have it be the brunt of their routine. It kind of makes me roll my eyes.

From the female comediens who I've seen there isn't one who doesn't talk about herself in terms of sex. And that would be ok if she also talked about other stuff but they often don't nowadays.

It's usually about how they sleep around a lot, don't want kids and sleep around a lot (as if not wanting kids means you want to sleep around a lot) or don't want kids and they like to have fun and think kids are for old people even though the person talking is like 45 and it makes me cringe bc it makes the person seem air headed even though they obviously aren't.

It's yeah... idk

I do find Amy Schumer to be funny sometimes.
Sometimes close to Dave Chapelle, who I personally think is brilliant from what I've seen, but sometimes very ...not close? But I think long run she'll be great. I could see myself enjoying her show.

I think she's attractive I guess. Isn't everyone in the entertainment industry?

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri May 29, 2015 8:11 am

The funny thing about this thread is that people are arguing about the quality of women in comedy and saying that they are not funny or are whinny or whatever is sexist... yet the point of the thread is asking if she is attractive... Probably the mast sexist and meaningless lowest common denominator possible.

Craig

Postby Craig » Fri May 29, 2015 8:48 am

How is that sexist?

FistOfCaufield

Postby FistOfCaufield » Fri May 29, 2015 8:54 am

The question of whether someone is hot or not being sexist should be openly mocked. Please America.. can we stop going down this stupid path of PC gibberish because a few women are making excuses as to why we don't line their pockets with more money.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Fri May 29, 2015 9:47 am

:pop:

obhave

Postby obhave » Fri May 29, 2015 10:20 am

The question of whether someone is hot or not being sexist should be openly mocked. Please America.. can we stop going down this stupid path of PC gibberish because a few women are making excuses as to why we don't line their pockets with more money.
We have discussed often in this thread that saying if someone is attractive or not is not in itself sexist (except Jim above). It moved on to an article, related to Amy, which was more about women in comedy/power and if people find her/women funny. Not the same topic, besides that Amy is involved.

@Jim
I dont think anyone made a connection between her looks and her value as a comedian, so we have two conversations at hand. If they were, that would make it very sexist. Otherwise, people find certain things attractive that's just nature.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:04 pm

Hot or not

Craig

Postby Craig » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:13 pm

I should also clarify because i never addressed it. I think amy is pretty underwhelming.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Hot or not
LOL well done

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:16 am

WaPo: Amy Shumer spews rhetoric that "that breeds the fear that results in soaring gun purchases, that “inspires” monsters like Dylann Roof to craft a manifesto with deadly consequences."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/postevery ... re-racist/

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:26 am

Wow...first line:
Wouldn’t it be funny if Donald Trump and the wildly popular feminist comedian Amy Schumer joined forces and ran on the same presidential ticket in 2016?
Are we really going to compare a comedian, who says things specifically to get laughs to a guy that's trying to run for president? Really?
“Playing with race is a thing we are not supposed to do, which is what makes it so fun for comics,” she wrote. “You can call it a ‘blind spot for racism’ or ‘lazy’ but you are wrong. It is a joke and it is funny. I know because people laugh at it.”
Bingo... that's her job. Make people laugh. If you're offended by the jokes, leave!
Racial jokes allow white America to claim that race no longer matters, even as there’s talk whizzing in every direction about how blacks and Latinos are outbreeding whites, are criminals and welfare queens, are “stealing jobs” and victimizing whites through affirmative action policies and denying them the right to use the n-word. Comedy allows these comforting ideas to be shared with a built-in defense mechanism that protects white innocence.
Is this like the video games promote violence thing? People can't differentiate between a video game/comedy act and real life, so they inspire people go out and commit violence?
This rhetoric isn’t just ugly. It contributes to a worldview that justifies a broken immigration system, mass incarceration, divestment from inner city communities, that rationalizes inequality and buttresses persistent segregation and violence. Yet nobody wants to take responsibility for spewing rhetoric that breeds the fear that results in soaring gun purchases, that “inspires” monsters like Dylann Roof to craft a manifesto with deadly consequences.
I had no idea Amy Schumer had that much influence over white America. I'm impressed.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:30 am

Agree with c2i for the most part.

...though I don't see a huge difference in what she and Donald Trump are going for.

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:53 am

I was flipping around yesterday and saw her show and gave it yet another (5th) shot. I chuckled slightly at the "It's full of stars" line, but that was it. I would expect her to be funner at times simply by accident. Her stuff is basically devoid of humor. How did she get a show?

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:28 pm

If anything her "joke" was mocking people that think like Trump.

I can only take her in small doses and have not found her show funny, but people need to relax with persecuting comedians...and a bunch of other things.

slappybrown

Postby slappybrown » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:47 pm

if someone is dyel, does that mean they don't lift, or they're the idiots who ask people that?
The first one.

I don't ask people if they lift.

The point was I think it's hilarious how neckbeards who get winded taking a shower think they can talk **** on anyone's appearance
My man

Got the "what do you bench" the other day

Gave him the "enough, mother fcker" and ric flair strutted to the showers

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:42 pm

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:29 pm

What exactly is "it"

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:49 pm

What exactly is "it"
Lightsaber hummers :?:

Jim

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:53 am

What exactly is "it"
Being not-funny.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:16 pm

Sooo...has anyone seen the naked Amy Schumer photos by Annie Leibowitz?

Can't post from work, but that should enliven this discussion.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:22 pm

They have to be better than the Miley Cyrus pics. *gag*

columbia

Postby columbia » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:23 pm

They have to be better than the Miley Cyrus pics. *gag*
Amy Schumer is actually a woman, whereas Miley is some alien creature.
Not that I want to see either in the buff.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Looks better than Serena, but I reckon that alien thing applies again.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:31 pm

Were these for the Pirelli calendar, or a different set of pics?

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Not sure. One of my friends follows Amy on Facebook and "liked" Amy's post with her photo and it showed up on my wall.