Storyworth

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Storyworth

Postby count2infinity » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:09 am

Has anyone tried this subscription before? My neighbors were telling me about how they bought it for their parents and it was really nice.

Essentially, it sends a writing prompt every week to the participant. The prompts are things where they have to reflect on some aspect of their life. Some of the examples are here: https://welcome.storyworth.com/question ... 40EALw_wcB

My neighbors said they were surprised at how active their fathers were and how dismissive their mothers were. I mentioned it probably has something to do with that generation’s idea of manhood: stfu and be tough. Don’t vent (they’d call it dodinting and moaning). Now that they have the chance, they spew it all out.

I guess at the end, the writings can be put into a book for purchase. I think it’d be great for my siblings to get one.

dodint

Storyworth

Postby dodint » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:46 am

Essentially, it sends a writing prompt every week to the participant. The prompts are things where they have to reflect on some aspect of their life.
5AF already does this for me. ;)

RonnieFranchise

Storyworth

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:54 pm

My sisters and I did it for my parents but I’m honestly not really sure how it’s going.

We got actual books for my in laws (computerless) to write in- i was like, yeah there’s no way they’re doing this. And I was right.

I think you go with your gut on whether or not it’s something they’d do.

nocera

Storyworth

Postby nocera » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:09 pm

I bought this for my dad this year. So far he’s done 2 of the first 10 prompts. My wife got it for her mom last year and she’s been pretty diligent. They should have a nice book at the end of it.