I like them on others, would never get one myself
16%
No, they're trash
40%

Total votes: 55
Algernon

How do you feel about tattoos?

Postby Algernon » Tue May 12, 2015 8:56 pm

Tifosi is right, except dog is completely replaceable with child (especially daughter). The amount of attention I got before and after I started rocking a ring (and also after my daughter is born) is staggering. Much like Tinder, hot teachers with a penchant for teenage males, and the aforementioned attention I've been getting, I wonder how much different my single years could have been :cry:
BRB walking my dog with my niece and wearing a fake wedding ring

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:17 pm

Tifosi is right, except dog is completely replaceable with child (especially daughter). The amount of attention I got before and after I started rocking a ring (and also after my daughter is born) is staggering. Much like Tinder, hot teachers with a penchant for teenage males, and the aforementioned attention I've been getting, I wonder how much different my single years could have been :cry:
BRB walking my dog with my niece and wearing a fake wedding ring
Don't hate the player...

ExPatriatePen

Postby ExPatriatePen » Tue May 12, 2015 9:35 pm

They brand cattle don't they?

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:07 am

The Cuban Government Goes After Havana's Tattoo Artists
https://news.vice.com/article/why-is-th ... oo-artists

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Postby LITT » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:30 pm

Tifosi is right, except dog is completely replaceable with child (especially daughter). The amount of attention I got before and after I started rocking a ring (and also after my daughter is born) is staggering.
#humblebrag

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Was surfing r/tattoos and saw this:

https://i.imgur.com/YCpZ7YF.jpg

had to look in the comments to see what molecule it was supposed to be as it looks familiar. Said it was serotonin. Can anyone see the differences?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serotonin

I mean, beyond that, the lines are super clean. Don't fully understand the blue green junk though.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Can't imagine why anyone would want that, but to each their own.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:20 pm

he said he had been battling depression and that's why serotonin, but damn... get the molecule right.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:30 pm

I would have depression AFTER getting that tattoo...

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:08 pm

So glad this was bumped so I could see that the poll did indeed come out the only way it should have. Not like the cookie poll.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:31 am

So glad this was bumped so I could see that the poll did indeed come out the only way it should have. Not like the cookie poll.
By the way it should be, you mean more people saying they're okay with tattoos than against them? Then yes, I agree.

columbia

Postby columbia » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:32 am

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:01 am

By the way it should be, you mean more people saying they're okay with tattoos than against them? Then yes, I agree.
You probably don't think Trump has a chance, either.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:04 am

I don't know what that means...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:36 am

he said he had been battling depression and that's why serotonin, but damn... get the molecule right.
Is that not right? All I know is that it looks pretty much like the one on the Wikipedia page.

And I honestly don't know what serotonin does, other than its concentration can be used to determine if a wound on a person's body was ante-mortem or post-mortem, or how long post-mortem the wound occurred. (Yay, murder books!)

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:37 am

You probably don't think Trump has a chance, either.
Congratulations Mr Trump, you have reached the lofty heights where 3 out of 4 Republicans prefer someone other than you.

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:38 am

Is that not right? All I know is that it looks pretty much like the one on the Wikipedia page.

And I honestly don't know what serotonin does, other than its concentration can be used to determine if a wound on a person's body was ante-mortem or post-mortem, or how long post-mortem the wound occurred. (Yay, murder books!)
He switched nitrogens for oxygen... would be a completely different molecule.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:38 am

I don't know what that means...
Someone in the political thread, not satisfied that being the clear front runner was enough, decided to put Trump against the field and declare it a sure loss for Trump. I assumed it was you since it's the same line or reasoning. If not, I see how the reference was lost on you. My bad.

*edit*

See above.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:43 am

He switched nitrogens for oxygen... would be a completely different molecule.
Oh, I didn't read the circles as 'O', just as place holders marks because having 'NH' and 'NH2' on your arm was a bit much even for Mr Molecule.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:31 am

hm

I agree that I think the 'O's are just placeholders, but it looks like the orientation of the benzene ring is wrong

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:39 am

what do you mean orientation?

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:41 am

what do you mean orientation?
should be rotated

count2infinity

Postby count2infinity » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:47 am

oh, you mean the double bonds? c'mon man, if you have a good enough eye to know that a six membered ring with alternating double bonds is benzene, you should also know that they have resonance and the electrons in those bonds are constantly moving around the ring and thus the double bonds can be put anywhere as long as they alternate.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:49 am

oh, you mean the double bonds? c'mon man, if you have a good enough eye to know that a six membered ring with alternating double bonds is benzene, you should also know that they have resonance and the electrons in those bonds are constantly moving around the ring and thus the double bonds can be put anywhere as long as they alternate.
I have a physics degree, not a chemistry degree :|

so then I guess we were all wrong and it's technically correct.

still a sh*t tattoo

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:58 am

I know some of those words.