Randomness Dos

nocera

Randomness Dos

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:08 pm

The lottery is a non-factor...unless Pittsburgh is completely uncultured...
Meaning the chance of winning is so slim that it won't effect her being able to resell? That's probably true. I still don't know how many people are in the market for $1k tickets to Hamilton though.
That's correct.

And she should have found me about 18 months ago. Not that I would see some major theatrical...thing...in Pittsburgh...no offense...just doesn't strike me as a place where noteworthy artistry takes place...

Maybe I spend too much time there getting fries put on a sandwich...
Oooph. Probably good you don't attend. I'm guessing no matter where your seats are, you'd be the nose-bleed section.

slappybrown

Randomness Dos

Postby slappybrown » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:09 pm

Cool

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:12 pm

:lol:

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Meaning the chance of winning is so slim that it won't effect her being able to resell? That's probably true. I still don't know how many people are in the market for $1k tickets to Hamilton though.
That's correct.

And she should have found me about 18 months ago. Not that I would see some major theatrical...thing...in Pittsburgh...no offense...just doesn't strike me as a place where noteworthy artistry takes place...

Oooph. Probably good you don't attend. I'm guessing no matter where your seats are, you'd be the nose-bleed section.
Places where you see things with class don't have "nose-bleed" sections...

And when I saw it on Broadway (heard of it? Anyone?) I sat 30 feet from the stage, perfect seats, perfect night...

(this isn't directed at nocera, he's a decent guy...this is really just slightly more shade being thrown at slappy and I need a platform)

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:17 pm

The arts scene in Pittsburgh is pretty awesome.

I don't know about now, but at one time the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra was considered top four or five in the country. Maybe even a skosh higher than that.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:17 pm

Huh? Broadway has nosebleed seats, too, dummy.

nocera

Randomness Dos

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:18 pm

That's correct.

And when I saw it on Broadway (heard of it? Anyone?) I sat 30 feet from the stage, perfect seats, perfect night...

(this isn't directed at nocera, he's a decent guy...this is really just slightly more shade being thrown at slappy and I need a platform)
The joke was that your nose is so high up in the air that your nose would be bleeding regardless. Seems like an unnecessary thing to take a **** on to make others feel bad about themselves.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Huh? Broadway has nosebleed seats, too, dummy.
Just because you have a high seat doesn't mean it matches what the interpretation of nosebleed and what it invokes applies...

I saw Hamilton at Richard Rodgers Theater...there isn't a bad seat in that house that I could find...

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:22 pm

That's correct.

The joke was that your nose is so high up in the air that your nose would be bleeding regardless. Seems like an unnecessary thing to take a **** on to make others feel bad about themselves.
It's slappy...he's asking for it.

slappybrown

Randomness Dos

Postby slappybrown » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:35 pm

That's correct.

My post was directed at dodint

I don’t have any interest in your theater going experience or your thoughts on the arts

slappybrown

Randomness Dos

Postby slappybrown » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:36 pm

That's correct.

It's slappy...he's asking for it.
You ok pal?

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:42 pm

Yeah, I just haven't interacted with you on anything in a while...seemed like an open door to ruffle your feathers in friendly manner...nothing more than that.

slappybrown

Randomness Dos

Postby slappybrown » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:45 pm

Yeah, I just haven't interacted with you on anything in a while...seemed like an open door to ruffle your feathers in friendly manner...nothing more than that.
I miss u2 honey baby

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:46 pm

:?

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Aw, dodint feels betrayed.

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:50 pm

That's correct.

the noted 5af theatrical and art enthusiast has logged in.

and also hasn't been to Heinz Hall or the Benedum

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:01 pm

What's there...? Mud wrestling? Monster truck rallies?

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:02 pm

I got to see Bill Burr at the Benedum.

Silentom

Randomness Dos

Postby Silentom » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:07 pm

Ghost at the Benedum was a good time.

nocera

Randomness Dos

Postby nocera » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:16 pm

I've seen Wicked, Lion King, Mary Poppins, Elf, In the Heights (Pittsburgh CLO), Rent, and Shrek in the last couple of years. Of those, Wicked and In the Heights were great, Lion King and Mary Poppins were good, Shrek and Elf were ****, and Rent was a disaster. Rent is the only one where I'll blame the touring company. Shrek and Elf were just piss poor musicals. Rent took a good musical and made it look like a high school production.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:18 pm

Since we're on the subject, this always makes me smile.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:23 pm

Last theater show I've seen was South Pacific in Raleigh, NC. Was good.

DigitalGypsy66

Randomness Dos

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:29 pm

I saw Rent on Broadway in 2000 or 2001. Phenomenal. Not sure it's aged well, but it was great then.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:33 pm

EVERYONE HAS AIDS!

AIDS AIDS AIDS!

blackjack68

Randomness Dos

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:49 pm

EVERYONE HAS AIDS!

AIDS AIDS AIDS!
LEASE! The Musical