Randomness Dos

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:35 pm

My wife and I bought our bikes at Target late last year, her a Huffy and me a Schwinn. Recently, shitting has been a total **** on mine. 75% of the time it never switches gears, and I have to go back a few gears and try again. It’s also got a horrible wobble in the rear wheel. Called the local bike shop, but they’re 2 months behind. Not giving up our bikes for that long, so I went to YouTube.

Watched a few videos from Park Tech, and managed to adjust both the rear derailleur and wheel, and how it shifts smooth as butter. The wheel probably needs a bit more work, but it’s still better than before.

faftorial

Randomness Dos

Postby faftorial » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:38 pm

My wife and I bought our bikes at Target late last year, her a Huffy and me a Schwinn. Recently, shitting has been a total **** on mine. 75% of the time it never switches gears, and I have to go back a few gears and try again. It’s also got a horrible wobble in the rear wheel. Called the local bike shop, but they’re 2 months behind. Not giving up our bikes for that long, so I went to YouTube.

Watched a few videos from Park Tech, and managed to adjust both the rear derailleur and wheel, and how it shifts smooth as butter. The wheel probably needs a bit more work, but it’s still better than before.
:thumb:

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:39 pm

I don't work on bikes much but I'd still advise against shitting on it

Dickie Dunn

Randomness Dos

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Good luck with your apparently related shitting problems.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:48 pm

Hmm. That's not what I believe is the intended use for a bike, but I'm not one to judge.

Dickie Dunn

Randomness Dos

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:57 pm

Hmm. That's not what I believe is the intended use for a bike, but I'm not one to judge.
Take the seat off and aim it right down that pipe.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:04 pm

This man shits.

Gotta love the autocorrect. I have no idea why my iPhone thought shifting was the incorrect word in that sentence.

shoeshine boy

Randomness Dos

Postby shoeshine boy » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:46 pm

My wife and I bought our bikes at Target late last year, her a Huffy and me a Schwinn. Recently, shitting has been a total **** on mine.
you could ruin a nice bike by doing that.... :slug:

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:50 pm

Good thing it’s just an average bike, IMO. :) I miss my old Giant Iguana.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:12 pm

This man shits.

Gotta love the autocorrect. I have no idea why my iPhone thought shifting was the incorrect word in that sentence.
Don't sweat it, boss. I just described a 'police shitting' incident in another thread.

faftorial

Randomness Dos

Postby faftorial » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:03 pm

65-pound alligator snapping turtle found in Fairfax County:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... lexandria/

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:07 pm

No, I'm sorry, you're wrong, that's clearly a dinosaur.

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:56 pm

Is that Gamera

Lemon Berry Lobster

Randomness Dos

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:05 pm

Pretty sure that Tokka before Shredder gives him TGRI ooze in TMNT 2

Shyster

Randomness Dos

Postby Shyster » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:31 pm

I went to set out my bird feeders this morning (I store them overnight so raccoons can't get at them), and my neighbors are cleaning up sticks and debris in my yard. They bought a fairly large inflatable pool a few weeks ago, and apparently it deflated overnight and washed a bunch of their landscaping chips and other stuff down into my yard. No permanent damage, though. That's unfortunate, because I've read that any sort of pool--even kiddie pools--is hard to find now.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Randomness Dos

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:42 pm

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:48 pm

So good lol

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:28 am

Source of the post That's unfortunate, because I've read that any sort of pool--even kiddie pools--is hard to find now.
Can confirm, have been looking for pools for a month now.

RonnieFranchise

Randomness Dos

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:53 pm

Rest of the country is dealing with COVID and riots, meanwhile where I’m from we are killing (probably rabid) foxes with hammers.

https://www.sungazette.com/uncategorize ... ed-by-fox/

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Randomness Dos

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:05 pm

Source of the post That's unfortunate, because I've read that any sort of pool--even kiddie pools--is hard to find now.
One of our local Walmarts put up a sign saying that they were not getting any more pools for at least thirty days and to quit asking.

Gaucho

Randomness Dos

Postby Gaucho » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:26 am

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:49 am

One of our local Walmarts put up a sign saying that they were not getting any more pools for at least thirty days and to quit asking.
:lol:

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Randomness Dos

Postby LITT » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:17 am

Big day. Just paid off my school loan. Feelsgoodman.jpg.
nice! congrats

MrKennethTKangaroo

Randomness Dos

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:54 am

So if i'm reading this correctly, there are a couple JC pennyeys in western pa closing but the one in Century III is going to be operating even though the company is bankrupt and CIII is closed other than the Penneys

faftorial

Randomness Dos

Postby faftorial » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:03 am

So if i'm reading this correctly, there are a couple JC pennyeys in western pa closing but the one in Century III is going to be operating even though the company is bankrupt and CIII is closed other than the Penneys
That says more about those other malls than it does about C3.