Randomness Dos

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Tue May 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Very cool. Had a friend just get back from there and they had a great time too.

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 14, 2019 6:53 pm

We have a client with a subsidiary there and he has kidnapper insurance on employees that go to visit. I was going to go last April to help with something and it fell through. I was excited but a little weary

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Randomness Dos

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue May 14, 2019 11:53 pm

We have a client with a subsidiary there and he has kidnapper insurance on employees that go to visit. I was going to go last April to help with something and it fell through. I was excited but a little weary
I never felt particularly unsafe but we mostly stayed in the "safe" neighborhoods (La Condesa, Polanco, Roma)

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Wed May 15, 2019 6:35 am

Factorial

Randomness Dos

Postby Factorial » Wed May 15, 2019 8:28 pm

I drove out to Mt Joy today and the **** smell is at it's height.

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Wed May 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Made my coaching debut today. 13-14 year old summer ball. I had a parent call and leave a voicemail DURING THE GAME to complain about playing time jfc give me a break

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu May 16, 2019 6:50 am

Ah, welcome. Wait til they come at you with the dual stopwatch proof...

DigitalGypsy66

Randomness Dos

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:54 am

The Howard Stern interview with Terry Gross on Fresh Air was really good. Stern has a new book coming out, a compilation of his best interviews.

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:22 am

Something very strange happened last night on my way home from work. There was a group of us running about 73 or so (it's a 55, but a rural area). Everyone is just safely passing the occasional car, no big deal. I see a car in the slow lane, going about 55, with a bumper sticker that says "I DON'T SPEED -- DEAL WITH IT" on the back.

What makes this strange is that this guy had a black camera, and was very obviously taking a photo of every single car that passed him right after they went by (ostensibly to get their license plate). He pulled into a gas station once we got off the bypass, and for a second I actually thought about following him and confronting him. I didn't.

Should I be worried? Odds that he is a serial killer that fixates on speeders?

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:29 am

If you're going fast enough, the photo of your plate will likely be blurry. So, drive faster next time...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Thu May 16, 2019 7:38 am

Shad about to be cereal killed

shoeshine boy

Randomness Dos

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu May 16, 2019 8:32 am

The Howard Stern interview with Terry Gross on Fresh Air was really good. Stern has a new book coming out, a compilation of his best interviews.
ahhhhh....this would explain why one of my friends is NYC today to see Stern on The View. last night he got into Fallon with a stand-by ticket.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu May 16, 2019 8:40 am

Dear Serial Killer,

To prove that you have shad, send fingers or toes to:

Fifth Avenue Forum
c/o @Kicksave
Internet, 5AF

Plus side: We'll finally figure out the Nittany Ned thing at least...

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Thu May 16, 2019 8:43 am

You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me. I'll get you a toe by this afternoon--with nail polish. These **** amateurs.

Dickie Dunn

Randomness Dos

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 am

thanks for the birthday wishes lads

just got back from a five day Mexico City trip. I can't recommend it enough
As a Mexico City veteran, I'd love to hear more about your trip.
I have a bias because I've never been to Mexico City without a native accompanying me, but in general it's like any other big city safety wise. It has its definite no-go areas like Tepito, Iztapalapa, and at this point probably Plaza Garibaldi, but I've never felt less safe in Mexico City than say New York or Chicago. Use Uber instead of taxis, don't wander off into sketchy looking areas, and keep an eye out for pickpocketers.
Something very strange happened last night on my way home from work. There was a group of us running about 73 or so (it's a 55, but a rural area). Everyone is just safely passing the occasional car, no big deal. I see a car in the slow lane, going about 55, with a bumper sticker that says "I DON'T SPEED -- DEAL WITH IT" on the back.

What makes this strange is that this guy had a black camera, and was very obviously taking a photo of every single car that passed him right after they went by (ostensibly to get their license plate). He pulled into a gas station once we got off the bypass, and for a second I actually thought about following him and confronting him. I didn't.

Should I be worried? Odds that he is a serial killer that fixates on speeders?
We had this guy around Pittsburgh a few years ago: https://jalopnik.com/the-jackass-in-thi ... -f-5978168

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:01 am

Dear Serial Killer,

To prove that you have shad, send fingers or toes to:

Fifth Avenue Forum
c/o @Kicksave
Internet, 5AF

Plus side: We'll finally figure out the Nittany Ned thing at least...
We wouldn't know if the digit had been delivered for another 4 years.

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Thu May 16, 2019 9:28 am

My in-game voicemail (from a parent whose kid was IN THE GAME) ended with "you and me, we got a problem."

I can't even

CBear3

Randomness Dos

Postby CBear3 » Thu May 16, 2019 9:40 am

My in-game voicemail (from a parent whose kid was IN THE GAME) ended with "you and me, we got a problem."

I can't even
Oh my goodness, I can only laugh.
My 7 yo's softball/tball coach yells like a drill instructor. He has a teenage competition team, and says this is his nice voice. The other team was coached by grandmothers and they asked if he could help them out, to which he replied, "NO, because then I'll make them cry, and then their parents are calling me, and we don't want that." Apparently several of the girls have had him as coach for the last two seasons so they're used to it.
It's different, but tball is so slow I can see the benefit.

Factorial

Randomness Dos

Postby Factorial » Thu May 16, 2019 9:57 am

Shad about to be cereal killed spilled.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu May 16, 2019 10:58 am

I can't even
That's garbage. But this does happen. I've been on the business end of this conversation more than a couple times, both as a coach and as a ref...

I jump on these right away and set the ground rules. The "here's the deal..." conversation should happen (not in those words), don't let it fester. I would get your talking points together, practice them, practice the words you choose and make sure that you don't elevate your voice or give them anything that will inflame the situation...most of the time, this will just extinguish the issue...don't come at it from an authoritarian perspective, just come at it as a partnership and there's a way to do it where they get what they want out of it and you still win...

If you ever want to role play, let me know...also, we can talk about this conversation you're going to have with the parent too...

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:59 am

Source of the post If you ever want to role play
Plot twist...

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Thu May 16, 2019 11:21 am

well that got weird

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Thu May 16, 2019 11:22 am

thank you though mikey. there will be a group text going out with a few ground rules. in a nice, understanding tone of course.. this guys is just batsht crazy though, he'll be annoying all year, I just have to live with it

willeyeam

Randomness Dos

Postby willeyeam » Thu May 16, 2019 11:38 am

I have a bias because I've never been to Mexico City without a native accompanying me, but in general it's like any other big city safety wise. It has its definite no-go areas like Tepito, Iztapalapa, and at this point probably Plaza Garibaldi, but I've never felt less safe in Mexico City than say New York or Chicago. Use Uber instead of taxis, don't wander off into sketchy looking areas, and keep an eye out for pickpocketers.
That's kind of how I figured it'd be

MrKennethTKangaroo

Randomness Dos

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu May 16, 2019 11:41 am

congrats ulf, now that kid has no chance in earning a scholarship because of you.