meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:52 pm

I’ll be there to hold her purse

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:53 pm

But meow has been practicing for this day.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Randomness Dos

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:20 pm

How come all you pigeons are getting these opportunities to bully a bully? I want one, got dang it.
Having a headline referring to me with "shot in Walmart parking lot" wasn't on the list today. Spend some time in Westmoreland County, won't take long.

faftorial

Randomness Dos

Postby faftorial » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:54 pm

How come all you pigeons are getting these opportunities to bully a bully? I want one, got dang it.
Having a headline referring to me with "shot in Walmart parking lot" wasn't on the list today. Spend some time in Westmoreland County, won't take long.
You never know. Crazy people are emboldened to act these days.

meow

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:46 am

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand

Gaucho

Randomness Dos

Postby Gaucho » Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:02 pm

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:38 am

I really want to replace our Dyson V6 Motorhead. Does a fantastic job cleaning, but it's basically like having a jet engine in the house. Its pitch closely matches my tinnitus, making me want to blow it up with explosives.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:39 am

Random text from the wife this morning: "don't touch our clothes. I'll wash them tonight but one of my patients has scabies"

The sooner she can get away from the old folks home (skilled nursing facility) and back to outpatient, the better. :lol:

meow

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:43 am

Oof. SNF workers are a different breed

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:55 am

Yeah. She's a PTA but with the nursing shortage she's had to perform CNA work because she keeps showing up to her appointments and the patients need to be changed, etc. It sucks. My guess (hope?) is she gets her 2000 hours this year and then moves to outpatient once she has her indirect license. The outpatient clinic she worked at as an aide wants her to return, but its unlikely the compensation pack will be competitive with the larger health systems.

Oh, and a beligerant patient hit her yesterday.

It's unfortunate that she worked this hard to get here and now it looks like she has a year of grinding to do before she can perform meaningful work.

robbiestoupe

Randomness Dos

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:15 am

Yeah. She's a PTA but with the nursing shortage she's had to perform CNA work because she keeps showing up to her appointments and the patients need to be changed, etc. It sucks. My guess (hope?) is she gets her 2000 hours this year and then moves to outpatient once she has her indirect license. The outpatient clinic she worked at as an aide wants her to return, but its unlikely the compensation pack will be competitive with the larger health systems.

Oh, and a beligerant patient hit her yesterday.

It's unfortunate that she worked this hard to get here and now it looks like she has a year of grinding to do before she can perform meaningful work.
Not sure if this is the same channel my wife watched, but there is a lot of funny content out there in the nurse vs. PT world

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:21 am

I'll let her know. :lol:

Shyster

Randomness Dos

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:09 pm

I really want to replace our Dyson V6 Motorhead. Does a fantastic job cleaning, but it's basically like having a jet engine in the house. Its pitch closely matches my tinnitus, making me want to blow it up with explosives.
Do you wear earplugs or muffs?

As a shooter, I own all sorts of ear protection, and it's made me more conscious of protecting my hearing. So I wear plugs or muffs when doing stuff like vacuuming, using the blender, mowing the lawn, or doing anything else remotely loud. My vacuum isn't too bad, but my Bissel carpet cleaner (bought because cats) is loud as hell, and I absolutely need the plugs when using that thing. It works great and I like it a lot, but that sucker sounds like it's powered by a mini jet engine.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:10 pm

Shyster

Randomness Dos

Postby Shyster » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:19 pm

:lol:

Bought the Peltor Sport Tactical 500 muffs a couple years ago. Love these things. They amplify sounds so you can hear with them on, but cut off for gunshots and other loud noises. Bluetooth too, so you can listen to music and even take phone calls. Although with a NRR of 26 dB (a little low for over-the-ear muffs), I do wear plugs under them if someone at the range is, say, sighting in their .300 Win. Mag. at the next bench over.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:21 pm

Similarly I have been pricing aviation ANR headsets. Whoooboy, $800-$1200 if you want all the bells and whistles. Crazy.

Gaucho

Randomness Dos

Postby Gaucho » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:55 am

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Randomness Dos

Postby LITT » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:42 am

Turo?
good idea
Apparently the vehicle we were going to rent had damage from the last renter and can’t be used this weekend.

If I rent a car at the airport can I leave my car there or do I have to pay for parking?

RonnieFranchise

Randomness Dos

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:38 am

Turo?
good idea
Apparently the vehicle we were going to rent had damage from the last renter and can’t be used this weekend.

If I rent a car at the airport can I leave my car there or do I have to pay for parking?
I rent cars from the airport all the time because my company makes us use National, which is fine with me because you choose your own car and they often have something interesting. So I do that both for trips to like Columbus or Buffalo as well as things like picking up a minivan for personal use to move stuff, or just generally cash in my free days.

Sadly you pay to park just like if you were flying. What I do if I have stuff to transfer from my car to the rental is park out in Siberia for $7 a day or whatever it is, walk to terminal which isn’t bad with no luggage, and after picking up go back in the lot with the rental to transfer stuff. There’s no parking charge for that short a time.

RonnieFranchise

Randomness Dos

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:42 am

Random text from the wife this morning: "don't touch our clothes. I'll wash them tonight but one of my patients has scabies"

The sooner she can get away from the old folks home (skilled nursing facility) and back to outpatient, the better. :lol:
My wife is a social worker and in places with bedbugs
All the time. So far so good but ew.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:08 am

To also tie in with the PT v. Nurse aspect; my wife isn't pissed the patient has scabies. That happens and is part of the job. She's pissed the nurse failed to mark the room accordingly so my wife did not find out until after the treatment was over. The nurse didn't get around to doing it until later.

robbiestoupe

Randomness Dos

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:24 am

To also tie in with the PT v. Nurse aspect; my wife isn't pissed the patient has scabies. That happens and is part of the job. She's pissed the nurse failed to mark the room accordingly so my wife did not find out until after the treatment was over. The nurse didn't get around to doing it until later.
There will always be strife between nurses and PTs. And doctors and PTs. And I'm sure nurses and doctors.

My wife has been doing this for 13 years now. She's used to it. I think most of her complaints are when they ask her to see 15 patients in the morning, then to help the other staff when she's done. Then finds out the full time staff has 7-8 patients per day. They figure she's not there all the time, give her the worse patients/higher case load.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Randomness Dos

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:14 pm

Well that tik tok wasn't gonna make itself

Gaucho

Randomness Dos

Postby Gaucho » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:49 pm

nocera

Randomness Dos

Postby nocera » Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:51 pm

Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.