Randomness Dos

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 am

Thank you all for your service in this diligent cicada reporting.

robbiestoupe

Randomness Dos

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:49 am

I’ve heard the cicadas din in both coraopolis and kittanning.
Last Monday my buddy had one hitchhike on his pant leg for four holes at Cranberry Highlands. The entire course was echoing with them.
During my recently discussed trip to Pittsburgh national, they were everywhere. On one of the ohles on the back nine, I was in mid backswing and saw one attached to the back of my left shoulder. One would assume that the natural reaction to seeing a giant gross bug on one's shoulder would be to shank the ball, but instead I striped one right down the shitter. it was my best drive of the day

tldr nick kingham should probably pitch with a cicada on his shoulder.
Re: Pittsburgh National - I played that once, and it's a tough course. It's only 5-10 minutes from my house, so I want to go back and get a better feel of it.

Re: cicadas - there's a 1/4 mile stretch on the turnpike right before heading into the construction zone heading west towards the Butler exit where there are various swarms. That seems to be the trend - swarms here and there, but not covering a large area.

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:25 am

Chestnut Ridge was deafening with the sound of them last week. Dropped the son off at cub scout camp today and they were everywhere. Love that sound.

Ad@m

Randomness Dos

Postby Ad@m » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:34 pm

:lol: Amish man found in bar after stealing neighbor's car, crashing it

https://wjactv.com/news/local/police-am ... rashing-it
A Punxsutawney Amish man has been charged after police say he stole his neighbor’s car and crashed it.

According to court documents, 21-year-old Jacob Byler is facing several felony theft related charges.

Police say officers were patrolling in Punxsutawney Saturday when they noticed a dark gray Nissan Rogue with the airbags deployed in the parking lot of the Midway Inn.

According to police, the car’s hood was dislodged, the fender was bent and there was mud and grass on the car.

Police say a bartender at the Midway Inn told officers there was an Amish man in the bar who could have been the one driving the car.

When confronted by police, Byler told them that he couldn’t lie and that he took the car, the complaint says.

According to the complaint, Byler told police that he went to his neighbor’s house hoping to get a ride into town -- he noticed that his neighbor’s keys were in the car and decided to take it.

Byler said that while he was driving, he lost control of the vehicle and hit an embankment but decided to continue driving.

Byler’s bail was set at $40,000.

Factorial

Randomness Dos

Postby Factorial » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:29 pm

My (forced) child support is finally done so I have an extra $750/month starting next month.

What should I do with it?

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:32 pm

My (forced) child support is finally done so I have an extra $750/month starting next month.

You have your Pa medical cannabis card yet?

Factorial

Randomness Dos

Postby Factorial » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:39 pm

I don't. I don't think I can get one with the condition my heart is in.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:50 pm

I guess hookers and blow is out of the question, then.

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:50 pm

I guess that also rules out the old standby 'how to squander a windfall' suggestion - hookers and blow...

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:51 pm

:lol:

Factorial

Randomness Dos

Postby Factorial » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:58 pm

No doubt. :)

I have no idea how reputable this source is:
According to new research, smoking marijuana may not be associated with an increased risk of ventricular fibrillation (VF) and ventricular tachycardia (VT) following an acute myocardial infarction (AMI), or heart attack. The study also reported that marijuana users had a decreased risk of atrial fibrillation (AFib) and in-hospital mortality. The results are scheduled to be presented on Thursday, May 10 at Heart Rhythm 2018, the Heart Rhythm Society’s 39th Annual Scientific Sessions.
https://www.hrsonline.org/new-study-sug ... educe-risk

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:58 pm

:fist:

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 pm

What would hypothetically be the easiest way to go about this? Hypothetically.

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:55 pm

What would hypothetically be the easiest way to go about this? Hypothetically.
Hypothetically,
chronic lower back pain
could qualify you...

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:01 pm

You would have to get an actual, believable diagnosis from a real doctor, maybe do some physical therapy, then go to a 'recommendation doctor' with said diagnosis...

Or one could go the PTSD route...

Factorial

Randomness Dos

Postby Factorial » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:11 pm

You would have to get an actual, believable diagnosis from a real doctor, maybe do some physical therapy, then go to a 'recommendation doctor' with said diagnosis...

You actually need some "proof" and not just a wink and the nod like in CA?

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pm

You actually need some "proof" and not just a wink and the nod like in CA?
It's certainly not like CA was, but there may be a few wink and nod docs out there...

Willie Kool

Randomness Dos

Postby Willie Kool » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:25 pm

I mentioned PTSD because there are apparently online-only doctors diagnosing people with the 'qualifying condition' PTSD...

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:20 am

Just reveal your inner Ned and they'll load you the **** up.

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:40 am

I mentioned PTSD because there are apparently online-only doctors diagnosing people with the 'qualifying condition' PTSD...
Think these hypothetical online doctors would count brutal professional sports losses as PTSD? :lol:

Beveridge

Randomness Dos

Postby Beveridge » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:57 am

:lol: Amish man found in bar after stealing neighbor's car, crashing it

https://wjactv.com/news/local/police-am ... rashing-it
A Punxsutawney Amish man has been charged after police say he stole his neighbor’s car and crashed it.

According to court documents, 21-year-old Jacob Byler is facing several felony theft related charges.

Police say officers were patrolling in Punxsutawney Saturday when they noticed a dark gray Nissan Rogue with the airbags deployed in the parking lot of the Midway Inn.

According to police, the car’s hood was dislodged, the fender was bent and there was mud and grass on the car.

Police say a bartender at the Midway Inn told officers there was an Amish man in the bar who could have been the one driving the car.

When confronted by police, Byler told them that he couldn’t lie and that he took the car, the complaint says.

According to the complaint, Byler told police that he went to his neighbor’s house hoping to get a ride into town -- he noticed that his neighbor’s keys were in the car and decided to take it.

Byler said that while he was driving, he lost control of the vehicle and hit an embankment but decided to continue driving.

Byler’s bail was set at $40,000.
One of my groomsman in my wedding...this is his wife's car. I got a good laugh when he texted us this past weekend.
/csb

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:34 am

Hmph, Luna bars are for girls...TIL.

Still pretty tasty imo

MrKennethTKangaroo

Randomness Dos

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:58 pm

some asshat is jamming on the bagpipes outside my office for Artsfest. horay

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Randomness Dos

Postby LITT » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:04 pm

that would be awesome

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:09 pm

that would be awesome