Randomness Dos

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Opinion: If you run to the news every time your Ring doorbell camera shows a delivery driver slighted you, you're a terrible person.

Also: FedEx, dude, everyone has ring doorbell cameras.
Agreed.

DigitalGypsy66

Randomness Dos

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:23 pm

:lol: A friend of ours ordered a bunch of stuff on Cyber Monday from Kohl's, which uses a third party warehouse to ship goods out. It finally arrives yesterday - a bluetooth speaker and a beard trimmer - and it's been shipped in a vinyl mailing bag with no padding, bubble wrap, or anything. Needless to say, both items are pulverized with the beard trimmer broken in half.

She calls the customer service number, which is outsourced to the Philippines. Our friend has a significant Southern accent, so there is a communication issue, to say the least. Both items are out of stock, so after repeating what she wanted to do multiple times, the refunded her money...but now when the items come back into stock, she'll have to pay full price - they won't match the cyber Monday pricing.

AuthorTony

Randomness Dos

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Opinion: If you run to the news every time your Ring doorbell camera shows a delivery driver slighted you, you're a terrible person.

Agreed.
That homeowner sucks. The couches were likely delivered damaged because Wayfair doesn't package them properly. And to contact the guy's employer and then call the news because a driver gets annoyed about having to pick up and return a 140 pound box solo, twice, reveals way more about her character than the schmoe who's just trying to do his job while she sits in her office and spies on him via her doorbell camera.
Last edited by AuthorTony on Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CBear3

Randomness Dos

Postby CBear3 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:23 pm

I wonder if your "friend" would have better luck going into a store to discuss the issue.

CBear3

Randomness Dos

Postby CBear3 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:26 pm

Meanwhile, the Amazon truck went out of control in front of my parents' house, ranaway down hill, through their yard, into the neighbors yard taking off a 6" round, 15' branch and coming to a stop right before plowing into their garage.
Not sure how that happens, especially since it appears the driver was in the vehicle at the time since she kept saying "she just couldn't stop it."

mac5155

Randomness Dos

Postby mac5155 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Agreed.
That homeowner sucks. The couches were likely delivered damaged because Wayfair doesn't package them properly. And to contact the guy's employer and then call the news because a driver gets annoyed about having to pick up and return a 140 pound box solo, twice, reveals way more about her character than the schmoe who's just trying to do his job while she sits in her office and spies on him via her doorbell camera.
:fist: :fist:

I can assure you that likely nothing happened to the person in the video, and rightfully so.

We need to realize the burden eCommerce puts on these delivery drivers. I'm not saying it's right, but this guy likely has worked 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, for not good pay and probably little to no benefits.

AuthorTony

Randomness Dos

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:50 pm

I totally agree, And why the heck does she think she deserves an apology? The driver didn't say anything negative about her and the couch was already ruined, according to her. So what exactly was the big deal? Customers today think companies should wipe their asses every time they bend over. People like this miserable cow need to realize there are things happening in the world and to people that actually matter. Her returning a piece of crap plywood couch to Wyafair isn't one of them.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Yeah, I've got zero issues with the dude venting. I do it all the time. That lady is just a rat.

faftorial

Randomness Dos

Postby faftorial » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:57 pm

I totally agree, And why the heck does she think she deserves an apology? The driver didn't say anything negative about her and the couch was already ruined, according to her. So what exactly was the big deal? Customers today think companies should wipe their asses every time they bend over. People like this miserable cow need to realize there are things happening in the world and to people that actually matter. Her returning a piece of crap plywood couch to Wyafair isn't one of them.
Maybe she thinks the couches were both broken when they delivered with the same level of care the first time(s)?

AuthorTony

Randomness Dos

Postby AuthorTony » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Maybe she thinks the couches were both broken when they delivered with the same level of care the first time(s)?
Meh. If that happened during delivery she would have seen it with her spy camera.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:02 pm

Scouting day trip to Michigan today...on a plane this morning where multiple people - for different flights - were concerned/upset that they were gonna miss their connecting flight...ok fair enough...but it turned out, that in all of the cases they only left a 30 to 35 minute window from estimated landing time to connecting take off time. Plant/grow...especially on a flight during weather (it was snowing when I got up this morning, against a cold front, against the jet stream)...my lowest ever was 41 minutes I think...but I knew I was taking a risk...dumb idiots...

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:23 pm

Our main regional airport (BUR) has one terminal with no more than maybe a dozen gates, and I'd be worried about a 30-minute connection window there.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Yeah, I'm used to smaller, regional airports because of my territory and that's where I know I can cut it close if necessary...but man, I'm at a major hub and you're going halfsies...take a lap...

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:40 pm

mikey, what do you do? I just figured you sold large amounts of ecstasy to high end clients?

Gaucho

Randomness Dos

Postby Gaucho » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:45 pm

Lemon Berry Lobster

Randomness Dos

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:04 pm

mikey, what do you do? I just figured you sold large amounts of ecstasy to high end clients?
He watches little kids and drinks tequila

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:05 pm

mikey is Epstein? I ****’ knew he didn’t kill himself.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:48 pm

Why would I sell ecstasy...? I moonlight as a scout...ya know, for hockey...that thing I love more than anything in the world.

Contrary to my evident demeanor here, NHL teams actually buy my work to help them make decisions that their jobs are based on...crazy right? But if there's one thing I kind of know, it's talent. So here we are...

I think I'm Michgian, Sioux City, Boston over the next 10 days if I'm not mistaken...then a music festival in Philly with like 20-25 of my friends haha...what a cool life...

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Why would I sell ecstasy...? I moonlight as a scout...ya know, for hockey...that thing I love more than anything in the world.

Contrary to my evident demeanor here, NHL teams actually buy my work to help them make decisions that their jobs are based on...crazy right? But if there's one thing I kind of know, it's talent. So here we are...

I think I'm Michgian, Sioux City, Boston over the next 10 days if I'm not mistaken...then a music festival in Philly with like 20-25 of my friends haha...what a cool life...
Sounds like a good time. What festival are you going to?

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Hjinx. It's walking distance from my apartment, so it's a no brainer... last year was the first year and it was pretty dope...

Lemon Berry Lobster

Randomness Dos

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:35 am

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:12 am

Hjinx. It's walking distance from my apartment, so it's a no brainer... last year was the first year and it was pretty dope...
I just checked this out and have heard of exactly one artist (Skrillex). Is this all EDM stuff or something?

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:27 am

Yup! Lot of bass. So much bass you might poop your pants...

Kane

Randomness Dos

Postby Kane » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:30 am

Looks like mikey is searching for the brown note.

robbiestoupe

Randomness Dos

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:54 am

Woke up to find a fraudulent charge on one of my credit cards. Now I get to go through them all to make sure it's the only one.
Got the mail yesterday to find my credit card statement* opened. Tis the season

* yes, I need to change to paperless statements
And my Home Depot credit card statement was just opened as well. Time to contact the authorities.