Randomness Dos

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Randomness Dos

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:57 pm

My wife and I are renewing our vows next year while on vacation, bringing our parents this time since they didn't get to participate in our wedding. Is it normal to buy new rings are part of a vow renewal? I ask because my wife sent me a link to one... so I guess I'm buying one regardless, but was wondering if that was normal. :lol:
My wife and I honestly wear our cheap 10$ silicone bands that we got from amazon more than our actual wedding bands. My wedding band is lose cause of the weight I lost and its one that can't be resized easily(It's tungsten I think or something).... so I tend to just wear the silicone one more. She has like 10 different color silicone ones that she switches out depending on her mood. Think they cost us like 20$ on amazon between the two of us for like a package of 10 or 15.
Yeah, I have a $15 ring that I wear daily. My actual ring is 3 sizes too big for me now. I like it, but it's a risk putting it on. I should look to get it resized now that I've stopped losing weight.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:03 pm

I paid $85 for my ring, which I thought was pretty typical? Nothing fancy, just a titanium band with two grooves.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Randomness Dos

Postby count2infinity » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:08 pm

Amazon is fantastic for just finding cheapo wedding rings that look great.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:15 pm

I had a compression set diamond ring. Had it from 2010-2018. Lost the diamond in it when it got caught on a fence I was jumping over at PittRace. Now I wear my deployment ring all the time.

AuthorTony

Randomness Dos

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:23 pm

Etsy has some awesome handmade rings.

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:32 pm

My wife and I are renewing our vows next year while on vacation, bringing our parents this time since they didn't get to participate in our wedding. Is it normal to buy new rings are part of a vow renewal? I ask because my wife sent me a link to one... so I guess I'm buying one regardless, but was wondering if that was normal. :lol:
My wife and I honestly wear our cheap 10$ silicone bands that we got from amazon more than our actual wedding bands. My wedding band is lose cause of the weight I lost and its one that can't be resized easily(It's tungsten I think or something).... so I tend to just wear the silicone one more. She has like 10 different color silicone ones that she switches out depending on her mood. Think they cost us like 20$ on amazon between the two of us for like a package of 10 or 15.
I don't have any interest in renewing my vows or getting rid of my current ring, but I kinda want a turquoise ring to match my bracelet, but am not sure how I go about wearing 2 rings.

shoeshine boy

Randomness Dos

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:47 pm

normal or not, anytime your wife sends you a link to a piece of jewelry don't think, just buy it. :lol:

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:53 pm

normal or not, anytime your wife sends you a link to a piece of jewelry don't think, just buy it. :lol:
Words to live by, really. :thumb:

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:54 pm

I have bought nearly all of my wife’s anniversary gifts on Etsy. There are some crazy creative people out there, and half of the time I think they’re underpricing their own work.

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:02 pm

I have bought nearly all of my wife’s anniversary gifts on Etsy. There are some crazy creative people out there, and half of the time I think they’re underpricing their own work.
Awesome stuff, that's where I found my turquoise ring I want. I tried buying my son a braveheart sword for his 10th birthday from there, but for some reason, the wife didn't think it was appropriate. I mean, the kid is named after him, of course, it's appropriate. Will try again for Christmas.

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:04 pm

What’s that saying about it being better to ask for forgiveness...? :)

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:06 pm

FREEEEEEDOM!

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:07 pm

During snorkeling activity, the need for more oxygen requires us to breathe faster. With a full face mask, some of the exhaled air may not fully exit the device and it is possible to breathe in the contaminated air. That has potential to lead to unconsciousness.

Maui Fire Chief Ed Taomoto said: “Recently, we have noticed that a number of snorkel-related drownings, or, near-drownings have involved these new one-piece masks, but it is too early to make any sort of connection to the use of this equipment and drownings. We’re not sure if the increase in incidents involving these new full-face type masks is related to a problem with this design or if there [are] just more people using this type over the traditional two-piece snorkel set.”

As a result, a number of snorkel tour operators now prohibit the use of these full face masks. Snorkel Bob’s, which operates on all islands, tested the masks and said “They have been so aggressive in their marketing…. We tested it and said, no way. We won’t carry it.”
My wife asked me to look into a full-face snorkel mask to help her, but this basically nixed that idea immediately.

obhave

Randomness Dos

Postby obhave » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:19 pm

I don't have any interest in renewing my vows or getting rid of my current ring, but I kinda want a turquoise ring to match my bracelet, but am not sure how I go about wearing 2 rings.
Could you try, just, wearing 2 rings? you have other fingers :lol: I wear 3 rings everyday

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:28 pm

Could you try, just, wearing 2 rings? you have other fingers :lol: I wear 3 rings everyday
That's what I mean, is there proper protocol for wearing a 2nd ring somewhere specific? I've only ever worn this one, seems like it may be a comfort issue. is it weird wearing another ring on a finger next to one that already has a ring on it. These are the things I think about

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:38 pm

Not weird at all.

obhave

Randomness Dos

Postby obhave » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:14 pm

That's what I mean, is there proper protocol for wearing a 2nd ring somewhere specific? I've only ever worn this one, seems like it may be a comfort issue. is it weird wearing another ring on a finger next to one that already has a ring on it. These are the things I think about
No proper protocol as far as I'm concerned. I try not to have different types of metal on the same hand because they clash. And I wear my silver watch on the wrist with my silver rings for the same reason. For which fingers, it is a comfort thing. I don't like to wear rings on two neighboring fingers because they knock and I don't wear rings on my thumb because it is really annoying to working in lab with that.

mikey

Randomness Dos

Postby mikey » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:30 pm

My guess: slappybrown
Actual poster: obhave

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Randomness Dos

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:32 pm

My wedding ring is white gold, and is a 1/4 size too small. It cannot go over my knuckle.

DigitalGypsy66

Randomness Dos

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Well, someone had a great night last night in Vegas with my wife's debit card. The bank froze all the purchases pretty quickly, but this is like the 4-5th time this has happened with her debit card over the last few years. I've only had it happen 1-2 in that same time period.

The shitty thing is that we are heading out on vacation Saturday, and her new card won't be ready in time.

We've both been using mobile phone payments as much as possible these days in hopes to stop some of the fraud.
Can't you go to a physical branch and have them generate a new card?
Not sure our bank does that. Now their computer system is down...hmm

tifosi77

Randomness Dos

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:41 pm

Moving this over from the PDT because it's in the past now.

So bible singing guy from the DMV today turned out to be a real piece. Overheard him explaining to, well, just about everybody that he had been pulled over a couple weeks ago, and the dumdumb cops took his license to run his ID, but they never gave it back to him. So he was there to get a replacement card. DMV staff had to tell the guy multiple times that he was being a disturbance, and if he kept it up they would call CHP and have him removed. He would say, "I'M READING THE BIBLE," as if that explained everything, or tell people they could go to the restroom and get some toilet paper they could stuff in their ears if they didn't like hearing THE BIBLE words. He kept at it, and sure enough as I was wrapping up my bidness I heard the branch manager lady on the phone with the coppers.

Turns out, the reason why the cops kept the guy's license was not, in fact, that they were forgetful. They arrested him for DUI, and his license was suspended. He apparently just thought he could waltz into the DMV and get a new license, like maybe they wouldn't check. Oh, and he was loaded. So he's facing a pending DUI charge, and went to the DMV to try to snake a new license while drunk.

As I was driving away the CHP cruiser pulled in. So that was neat.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Randomness Dos

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:43 pm

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

NTP66

Randomness Dos

Postby NTP66 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:46 pm

You should have stuck around a little while longer, tif.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:53 pm

My guess: slappybrown
Actual poster: obhave
Yes, but how many of slap’s rings are worn via a thick gold chain while wearing a wife beater?

eddy

Randomness Dos

Postby eddy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:07 pm

Not weird at all.

I have 2 PSAC championship rings that I occasionally pull out for weddings. It's pretty hilarious.