Randomness Dos

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Randomness Dos

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:24 pm

But they don't just go around towing cars at their discretion? They have to be called by someone requesting a tow. You can be pissed at the outrageous cost, its happened to me before, but not the people working. I found it funny that Brit is on tv, has such a superior education and better job, but can't pay for something that was her fault.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Randomness Dos

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:34 pm

I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS

Sarcastic

Randomness Dos

Postby Sarcastic » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:45 pm

But they don't just go around towing cars at their discretion? They have to be called by someone requesting a tow. You can be pissed at the outrageous cost, its happened to me before, but not the people working. I found it funny that Brit is on tv, has such a superior education and better job, but can't pay for something that was her fault.
The outrageous cost is the main issue, but -also- if they were good human beings, they'd at least look up your plate and give you a courtesy phone call to come move your car. Of course, they'd lose all their business. This is one of those things that need to be regulated somehow.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Randomness Dos

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:50 pm

It's not the lady collecting the money's fault...complain about cost to the owners and managers, not the lady collecting the money that (according to her) is not very intelligent and just collecting money.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Randomness Dos

Postby NailedPenguin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:02 pm

The outrageous cost is the main issue, but -also- if they were good human beings, they'd at least look up your plate and give you a courtesy phone call to come move your car. Of course, they'd lose all their business. This is one of those things that need to be regulated somehow.
Agreed. But towing company's are also the ones there when we call AAA. Their entire business model isn't to ruin peoples day.

......And heeeeereee it comes. Social media is just fantastic. Any man criticizing McHenry's behavior is a misogynist. This "outrage" just shows the prejudice against women in sports media.

EDIT: nevermind, this was coming from those crackpots going after madden and yohe this week.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:08 pm

Left my garage open all day today. First time in the new neighborhood. Nothing looks out of place, so that's nice.

Factorial

Randomness Dos

Postby Factorial » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:54 pm

Left my garage open all day today. First time in the new neighborhood. Nothing looks out of place, so that's nice.
Give us a heads next time you do that so we can stop by.

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:57 pm

I really do need to look into getting one of these systems where I can shut the door with an app. I do it about once a month.

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:03 pm

Towing companies are scum. About seven years ago, I lived in a large townhouse complex (Montgomery Village, MD). At nighttime, in the dead of night, these bastards would take their truck around with flashlights. If your inspection/registration was expired even by a day, they would tow your car away without you ever knowing until morning. The fee to get it out? $300, all cash. Predators.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:14 pm

MoVill is notorious for that crap too. I was once towed within 10 minutes once. Just stooped to pick up my girlfriend and came out to an empty parking space.

MR25

Randomness Dos

Postby MR25 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:59 pm

I think the incident gained more traction (in Pittsburgh, anyway) because Mark Madden jumped on it and said "See, look at this woman being an dadhole. That means I can be one too!"

That's not how it works, Mark.

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:04 pm

I get to have the "you're not coming with us" talk with the mother in law tonight...yay

dodint

Randomness Dos

Postby dodint » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:12 pm

Going to put her on an ice floe?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Randomness Dos

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:09 pm

Johnny Steigerwald joined in with Mark Madden...it was pretty special.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:38 pm

I get to have the "you're not coming with us" talk with the mother in law tonight...yay
Give her the "it's not you, it's me" talk.

Sarcastic

Randomness Dos

Postby Sarcastic » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:43 pm

Towing companies are scum. About seven years ago, I lived in a large townhouse complex (Montgomery Village, MD). At nighttime, in the dead of night, these bastards would take their truck around with flashlights. If your inspection/registration was expired even by a day, they would tow your car away without you ever knowing until morning. The fee to get it out? $300, all cash. Predators.
My dad's car was parked on the street when he went to the hospital. We didn't know, so it got towed. $250 to the towing company and $250 to the cops (ticket). In my town, the cops routinely drive around holidays and such, under orders to fill a quota in parking tickets (reported in local paper). I actually like the cops here. They're polite and come in 2-3 minutes if you call for help, bringing along an ambulance and a fire truck. It's amazing. It's safe to walk around all hours at night and if you go the park, you'll usually see a cop car on patrol. But the parking tickets suck.

I also heard that the towing company here drives around looking for cars to tow all on it's own.

shmenguin

Randomness Dos

Postby shmenguin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:48 pm

I also heard that the towing company here drives around looking for cars to tow all on it's own.
the alternative being that their business doesn't exist anymore

PFiDC

Randomness Dos

Postby PFiDC » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:52 pm

It actually went rather well. She's welcome to come up for a few weeks and stay with us after we settle in and see if she likes Pittsburgh before checking out studio apartments. I can live with her if its clear that its temporary. We just need a break for 6-8 weeks. Its been almost 4 years...

Tldnr or don't care?
I pussed out...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Randomness Dos

Postby meow » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:55 pm

It actually went rather well. She's welcome to come up for a few weeks and stay with us after we settle in and see if she likes Pittsburgh before checking out studio apartments. I can live with her if its clear that its temporary. We just need a break for 6-8 weeks. Its been almost 4 years...

Tldnr or don't care?
I pussed out...
You are quite the soldier. I have to refrain from strangling my m.i.l. after a weekend visit.

FreeCandy44

Randomness Dos

Postby FreeCandy44 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:04 pm

When can I come visit Pfidc?

FreeCandy44

Randomness Dos

Postby FreeCandy44 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:10 pm

Ill bring some candy if it helps.

Ehh? Ehh?

shafnutz05

Randomness Dos

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:20 pm

This Britt McHenry chick might be a total dodint, but judging from the Internet, this towing company appears to be one of those scumbag outfits that preys on people to try and get a quick couple hundred bucks.

Honestly, as much hate as is thrown to corporate outfits, there are so many towing companies that are downright evil.

MR25

Randomness Dos

Postby MR25 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:03 am

I'm guessing you've been asked this before, PFiDC, but why doesn't your wife handle it?

shmenguin

Randomness Dos

Postby shmenguin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:43 am

This Britt McHenry chick might be a total dodint, but judging from the Internet, this towing company appears to be one of those scumbag outfits that preys on people to try and get a quick couple hundred bucks.

Honestly, as much hate as is thrown to corporate outfits, there are so many towing companies that are downright evil.
There's a difference between a company being evil and a cashier being evil.

People who can't differentiate between the 2 are the worst.

Silentom

Randomness Dos

Postby Silentom » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:44 am

I'm guessing you've been asked this before, PFiDC, but why doesn't your wife handle it?
My thoughts as well. Seems like you should be option 2 in that situation.