Randomness Dos

relantel

Randomness Dos

Postby relantel » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:58 pm

Just realized a great perk with this new board ....

No Sandusky thread. It'd be great if it stays that way.
I don't plan on creating one. After all, most of us that were there didn't really care about JS. It was more about the broader Penn State angle and the three still awaiting trial almost three and a half years later. At the same time, I won't begrudge someone (SDD or others) for creating one again if he/they sees fit. No one says anyone else has to read it, much like my NASCAR thread. 99% of the board will never go there, and I am ok with that. And with this new notification feature, one can be even more selective in what threads they read.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Randomness Dos

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:17 pm

When there is something significant, I'll post it. Nothing of note has happened since the new board was created.

relantel

Randomness Dos

Postby relantel » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:33 pm

Update...

Today after ranting on Twitter, Fanatics.com apologized, refunded my order, and shipped me out a new hat. Not only that, but they also gave me a $10 credit. This all went down today during a holiday, so obviously im very pleased how they handled this. I basically got two Pens hats for free, although im going to mail back one of the hats as a show of good faith. But yeah....fanatics.com is amazing.
You'd be surprised what a public complaint will do. They (whichever company) tend to want to move that negative experience from their public space as fast as possible.

NAN

Randomness Dos

Postby NAN » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:04 pm

I remember when I was a kid I got a magic trick out of Rice Krispies and it didn't work. My grandpa wrote a letter and thinking we'd just get the same one in the mail, they ended up sending us all 6 in the set.

It ended up we were just doing it wrong. But oh well.

Craig

Randomness Dos

Postby Craig » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:28 pm

Game genie doesnt work for those prizes.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Randomness Dos

Postby iamjs » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:41 pm

TeamCake

Randomness Dos

Postby TeamCake » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Mrs. Cake & I ended up with terrible food poisoning on our honeymoon at a Sandals Resort. After three days of complaining on Twitter the CEO callled me directly and said if I stop my “online hate campaign" he would refund us 100%. Companies must really hate Twitter.

Sarcastic

Randomness Dos

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:58 pm

I bought something off Ebay and the guy's Paypal name is Yong Ho.

slappybrown

Randomness Dos

Postby slappybrown » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:00 pm

Mrs. Cake & I ended up with terrible food poisoning on our honeymoon at a Sandals Resort. After three days of complaining on Twitter the CEO callled me directly and said if I stop my “online hate campaign" he would refund us 100%. Companies must really hate Twitter.
This is excellent

Sarcastic

Randomness Dos

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:01 pm

Oh yeah. Shop-Rite today had a Snapple sale. $5.99 for a 12 pack. So I got 8. 4 peach and 4 raspberry.

Sarcastic

Randomness Dos

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Silly question, but, why are people so grossed out by rats but not squirrels...? Squirrels are welcomed but rats are just considered vile, grotesque creatures...I can understand liking one over the other, but why are they on such opposite ends of the spectrum...?
Squirrels are cute. My gf and I feed them shelled peanuts in the park.

And I think people like fluffy things.

Sarcastic

Randomness Dos

Postby Sarcastic » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:11 pm

This sciatic nerve stuff is not getting much better. Doc last week just gave me some heavy duty anti-inflammatory stuff, but it hasn't done much good. Been icing my back, and applying heat, been stretching out(as much as I can without being in a ton of pain), but nada.

I really don't want to go to the ER for this. Just sucks.
Are you sure you're supposed to stretch it? I think a nerve needs to relax more than anything. I am trying to rest my shoulder/arm as much as I can, but a nerve issue like yours can take up to a few months to get better. If it doesn't then you'll need surgery to relieve the pressure. I hope it's not a herniated disk or a bone spur. You might need an mri or x-ray.

FreeCandy44

Randomness Dos

Postby FreeCandy44 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:31 pm

This is excellent
"Online hate campaign" haha....

skullman80

Randomness Dos

Postby skullman80 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:48 am

This sciatic nerve stuff is not getting much better. Doc last week just gave me some heavy duty anti-inflammatory stuff, but it hasn't done much good. Been icing my back, and applying heat, been stretching out(as much as I can without being in a ton of pain), but nada.

I really don't want to go to the ER for this. Just sucks.
Are you sure you're supposed to stretch it? I think a nerve needs to relax more than anything. I am trying to rest my shoulder/arm as much as I can, but a nerve issue like yours can take up to a few months to get better. If it doesn't then you'll need surgery to relieve the pressure. I hope it's not a herniated disk or a bone spur. You might need an mri or x-ray.

Yeah I'm not sure. My doc said walking/stretching would help. I took the dog for a walk yesterday and felt awful afterwards. I compensated all my weight to my other leg because putting any weight on the bad side/leg caused big time pain from my lower back down through my leg. It sucks. Gonna try to get to the chiropractor today.

Factorial

Randomness Dos

Postby Factorial » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:00 am

Silly question, but, why are people so grossed out by rats but not squirrels...? Squirrels are welcomed but rats are just considered vile, grotesque creatures...I can understand liking one over the other, but why are they on such opposite ends of the spectrum...?

Where I lived in GA they were everywhere in my backyard and would come up on the deck and plunder the bird feeder so I bought a bb gun to fight back. After a while they saw the gun and knew what was coming.

Craig

Randomness Dos

Postby Craig » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:32 am

I remember a kid in middle school would spray pain the squirrels caught in his parents trap orange or pink then release them. I never confirmed this but wanted to see one one day. Never did.

Kicksave

Randomness Dos

Postby Kicksave » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:02 am

Source of the post I remember a kid in middle school would spray pain the squirrels caught in his parents trap orange or pink then release them. I never confirmed this but wanted to see one one day. Never did.
I know who you're talking about and may have seen this.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Randomness Dos

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:06 am

Squirrels taste good. (serious comment).

mac5155

Randomness Dos

Postby mac5155 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:08 am

Allergies have arrived. ugh

Gabe

Randomness Dos

Postby Gabe » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:28 am

Where I lived in GA they were everywhere in my backyard and would come up on the deck and plunder the bird feeder so I bought a bb gun to fight back. After a while they saw the gun and knew what was coming.
I saw a big rat scurry into the pond by my house the other day. creeped me out.

/csb

Silentom

Randomness Dos

Postby Silentom » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:31 am

I saw a big rat scurry into the pond by my house the other day. creeped me out.

/csb
Watched a squirrel swim across the Allegheny River up near Brady's Bend once. Fishing with my buddy and we both see it and are like "the h*ll?"

blackjack68

Randomness Dos

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:50 am

I remember a kid in middle school would spray pain the squirrels caught in his parents trap orange or pink then release them. I never confirmed this but wanted to see one one day. Never did.
My father used to trap them in "Have-A-Heart" traps. He'd spray the tail and then release them one town over.

We did see one blue-tailed squirrel back in the neighborohood.

Craig

Randomness Dos

Postby Craig » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:51 am

Source of the post I remember a kid in middle school would spray pain the squirrels caught in his parents trap orange or pink then release them. I never confirmed this but wanted to see one one day. Never did.
I know who you're talking about and may have seen this.
Yeah i was assuming you would have.

blackjack68

Randomness Dos

Postby blackjack68 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:55 am

Played poker for the first time in a while last night.

Man have I lost a step or two. Gotta get back into the swing.

I was terrible.

Beveridge

Randomness Dos

Postby Beveridge » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:23 am

Played poker for the first time in a while last night.

Man have I lost a step or two. Gotta get back into the swing.

I was terrible.
Stick to blackjack :pop:
somebody was going to say it, so why not me?