Everything golf

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:11 pm

I like Bryson. But I made the mistake of clicking on a youtube video of his and now YT suggests all his videos to me. It's entertaining for a minute but its not applicable to my game at all so I lost interest really fast.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:30 pm

what would the doc be about? life on the tour?
For the first time ever, the PGA TOUR and the governing bodies that conduct men’s major championships -- Augusta National Golf Club, the PGA of America, the USGA, and The R&A – will provide entry into the sport’s biggest events including THE PLAYERS Championship and season-ending FedExCup, as well as the four majors: the Masters Tournament, PGA Championship, U.S. Open Championship and The Open. With unprecedented access inside the ropes and behind the scenes, the series will capture the intensity of training, travel, victory, and defeat through the lens of a diverse group of players and their support teams.

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2022/01/12 ... a-one.html

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:22 pm

Can't wait

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:05 pm

I'll be interested to see just how true to life it is, at least the part around tournament time. I also wonder how many times I'll want to kick one of their production people out of my way.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:14 pm

man that’s gonna be dope

also not sure if I mentioned this but I didn’t get picked for the lottery to attend the British Open. I found a pretty cheap flight to London for that week and the next week so I at least guaranteed I’ll physically be there. Now I just need to get my hands on some tickets…not exactly sure how though

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:17 pm

You mentioned it when you were not selected; interested to see what you come up with.

Ulf,
Saw this and thought of you:

How is that going so far?

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:37 pm

Haha that's about right from what I read. The actual simulator software I have has all the graphics I need so the data stuff was all I cared about. It's up and running now. I need to make a few tweaks as far as the landing area and some padding to keep the balls from bouncing all over my garage but it's working pretty nicely. The heater keeps it warm enough to enjoy it

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:55 pm

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:55 pm

Gd it insta embed doesn't work now

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:39 pm

Kevin Na is coming out hot

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:28 pm

Kevin Na is coming out hot
Why bro?

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:14 pm

Ouch.

What an absolute borefest leaderboard

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:52 am

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Everything golf

Postby iamjs » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:34 pm

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:11 pm

Matsuyama with that big dick energy on 18, damn. :lol:

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:02 pm

Matsuyama with that big dick energy on 18, damn. :lol:
What a comeback

CBear3

Everything golf

Postby CBear3 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:36 pm

I'll be interested to see just how true to life it is, at least the part around tournament time. I also wonder how many times I'll want to kick one of their production people out of my way.
We'll see; everybody sees what Drive 2 Survive has done for F1, and is like "get me some of that."
The problem is you have to let personalities really let loose and have a creative team that milks the extra little bit out of them and not let PR get in the way. Should be interesting.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:43 pm

So Akshay Bhatia - you may know his name from some PGA starts he made as like a 17-18 year old, won his first Korn Ferry event this week. Turns out he has some smokeshow gf that he met by sliding in the old DMs. And then he decided to have her be his caddy (?), and of course he wins. My man
You didn't think I'd leave this out did you https://instagram.com/presleighschultz? ... =copy_link

MR25

Everything golf

Postby MR25 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:47 pm

"Presleigh"

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:50 am

she aight

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:01 pm

Had a fun afternoon.
It's been bugging me that I have zero confidence or proficiency with my driver. I wasn't just bad, it was actually completely unhittable. So I went back to extreme core fundamentals and used an alignment stick to make sure I was placing the ball in the correct spot in my stance (about 1" inside my left heel). It turns out all this time I have been setting the ball up much, much closer to my center. There is probably 14" of gap between where the ball is teed up and my center, now. But before checking it with an alignment stick it was maybe 6". I'm still not used to it being set up correctly because it feels like I'm swinging at nothing, but the results are really positive.
With that adjustment made my drives are much more like my iron flight. The 70yd-off-the-centerline slice is gone and it's been replaced with a modest fade and the occasional pull. In the sim I'm getting out to 245-260 with a careful swing speed of around 95mph. I might have a functional driver swing to build on this season.

I bought that brand new Cleveland driver over the summer. I think that it was just too light for me; I couldn't swing it fast and I never felt like I had control. I tested out a used Bridgestone JGR that has been in Corsi's shop all year. Despite it being 9.5 degree instead of 10.5 degree like the Cleveland, I was averaging 11 more yards of carry with the older driver. I alternated with them every 10 shots for about 45 minutes and the results were consistently the same. The older driver was 10+ yards longer and had tighter dispersion. It gave better feedback, swung faster, sounded better, and although it was only 15 grams heavier it just felt better in my hands. So I traded for the old one. The only downside is the Cleveland was a much sharper looking club.

I feel really good about this because driver is probably the only club where simulator training should carry over directly to outdoors on account of there being no turf interaction.

Unrelated; but the Stealth looks less stupid in person than on Youtube. The guy in the next booth was getting fitted for one. Corsi has a whole display of them already.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:45 am

a buddy of mine played in a mini tour event last week in Orlando and well, guess who tied for second place

https://www.floridaelitegolftour.com/Sc ... onID=98584

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:36 pm

CBear3

Everything golf

Postby CBear3 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:04 pm

Had a fun afternoon.
It's been bugging me that I have zero confidence or proficiency with my driver. I wasn't just bad, it was actually completely unhittable. So I went back to extreme core fundamentals and used an alignment stick to make sure I was placing the ball in the correct spot in my stance (about 1" inside my left heel). It turns out all this time I have been setting the ball up much, much closer to my center. There is probably 14" of gap between where the ball is teed up and my center, now. But before checking it with an alignment stick it was maybe 6". I'm still not used to it being set up correctly because it feels like I'm swinging at nothing, but the results are really positive.
With that adjustment made my drives are much more like my iron flight. The 70yd-off-the-centerline slice is gone and it's been replaced with a modest fade and the occasional pull. In the sim I'm getting out to 245-260 with a careful swing speed of around 95mph. I might have a functional driver swing to build on this season.

I bought that brand new Cleveland driver over the summer. I think that it was just too light for me; I couldn't swing it fast and I never felt like I had control. I tested out a used Bridgestone JGR that has been in Corsi's shop all year. Despite it being 9.5 degree instead of 10.5 degree like the Cleveland, I was averaging 11 more yards of carry with the older driver. I alternated with them every 10 shots for about 45 minutes and the results were consistently the same. The older driver was 10+ yards longer and had tighter dispersion. It gave better feedback, swung faster, sounded better, and although it was only 15 grams heavier it just felt better in my hands. So I traded for the old one. The only downside is the Cleveland was a much sharper looking club.

I feel really good about this because driver is probably the only club where simulator training should carry over directly to outdoors on account of there being no turf interaction.

Unrelated; but the Stealth looks less stupid in person than on Youtube. The guy in the next booth was getting fitted for one. Corsi has a whole display of them already.
So, ah, that driver you got wasting space in your bag...

MR25

Everything golf

Postby MR25 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:05 pm

Apparently they are opening or have opened an indoor golf place on 8th Ave in Homestead, down near Voodoo, according to a coworker.