Everything golf

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Iron Valley Golf Club in Lebanon, PA is my favorite course I've ever played, not sure if best.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:24 pm

Bedford Springs

The shot that nearly changed my first answer... on a par 4. My drive rolled just by the cup, couple inches wide and 2 feet past it.

Dickie Dunn

Everything golf

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:31 pm

Fun golf stuff...

How many holes-in-one have you had?
Your best score?
Best course you have played?
Best shot you will always remember?

Olde Stonewall

Can I pick two (back to back)? Played Pottsburgh National back in July. Was playing so-so. Got to 10, Par 5. Hit a perfect drive about 310, right down the middle. Had a downhill shot, about 170 but playing shorter. Hit an 8 iron within 10 feet. I 2 putted it, but those are probably the two best shots in sequence I've ever had.
I hate that damn hole.

MWB

Everything golf

Postby MWB » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:37 pm

0. Came within 4 feet once, which was a miracle because I rarely hit tee shots on par 3’s well. Pretty sure I missed the birdie putt.

85, I think.

Pinehurst 2

See above. I played when I was in my teens, then went about 15 years of playing just a handful of times. I’ve gotten back into the last couple years and play maybe 10 times a year. I just consider any good shot I hit to be luck.

grunthy

Everything golf

Postby grunthy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:17 pm

0, had one go in the cup but come back out.

68, twice

Harbour town.

Eagled number 15 at Harbour town from the back tees. Hit my second shot 7 feet from the pin and then made the putt.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:10 pm

Fun golf stuff...

Your best score?

Me:
Aces - 0. Been within 2 ft a number of times but this ain’t horseshoes
Best score - 75
Best course - St. Andrews
Best shot - making a 20-foot birdie on 17 at Sawgrass
Aces - 0
Best score - 80 a few times. Missed a five footer for 79 last year and still pissed about it.
Best course - Streamsong. Played Firestone but it didn't impress me a whole lot.
Best shot - holed out from about 120 for eagle. In a club match play partners match against a couple douchey college golfers so it was quite enjoyable

MrKennethTKangaroo

Everything golf

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:50 am

0 holes in one

82 best score (wannango in oil city)

Favorite course in tough-Wanango, Bedford springs, and hannastown are my three favs though)

Best shot was a sand shot on 16 at pebble beach. It was the right bunker, and a very very deep bunker. Rolled within inches of the cup and almost holed out. One thing that shot thought me: hitting out of the sand is all about confidence. Ever since i played pebble beach and had a few nice sand shots there, i have been a good sand player

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:18 am

Aces - 0; have been within 4 inches once and within 2 feet about 6 times

Best Score - 70 (Conleys)

Best Course - Not necessarily the best course but best experience. Met Arnie post-round at Latrobe Country Club once.
Played the third hole at Oakmont once; hopped the fence when oakmont east used to be adjacent and played it up.
the 'best' course per the golf digest top 100 ive played is the honors in tennessee
favorite course - bedford or we-ko-pa in arizona

Best Shot - I hit a fairway wood out of a bunker from 250 on a par 5 within 2 feet for an eagle.
In highschool we were playing at 7 springs in elizabeth (not sure what it is now). the ninth hole used to share a green with the practice green. the pin was down in the swale between the two areas. i hit a 5 iron off tee and had about 140 in. hit the backstop of the swale and it trickled back down about 3 inches from the hole for tap in birdie to win the match. both teams were standing around watching

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:25 am

We Ko Pa is awesome

CBear3

Everything golf

Postby CBear3 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:24 am

Aces - 0 (haven't even been excited about the possibility since I was in college 15 years ago)

Best Score - 82, 40 on a side a couple of times.

Best Course - Sawgrass. Kananaskis outside Banffffff was pretty for something different too (the actual course at Banffff still had snow that June).

Best Shot - Played alternate shot with some other juniors in the program for who would buy pop after the round. First playoff hole my partner hit our second into a creek. I blasted out of the creek and onto the fringe to keep our hopes alive. We still lost the hole because we couldn't putt for crap.
Silver Medal - proposing to my wife on the 11th tee box where we had our second date a year and some prior.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:31 am

0 holes in one

82 best score (wannango in oil city)

Favorite course in tough-Wanango, Bedford springs, and hannastown are my three favs though)

Best shot was a sand shot on 16 at pebble beach. It was the right bunker, and a very very deep bunker. Rolled within inches of the cup and almost holed out. One thing that shot thought me: hitting out of the sand is all about confidence. Ever since i played pebble beach and had a few nice sand shots there, i have been a good sand player
Disregarding that ktk can't read "best course" and went with favorite course.. you played Pebble Beach and you liked Wannango more than it?

MrKennethTKangaroo

Everything golf

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:36 am

a. wanango is awesome

b. playing pebble beach wasn't playing golf as much as it was a nerve wracking, awesome, whirlwind. it really didn't count as golfing

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:08 pm

Iron Valley Golf Club in Lebanon, PA is my favorite course I've ever played, not sure if best.
Iron Valley! I've carved that place up a number of times. Have hit a couple off the rocks on the island green -- one that ended up on the green and one that ended up way out in the drink.

genoscoif

Everything golf

Postby genoscoif » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:18 pm

Aces...zero. I've hit the pin on a bounce once and had one roll over the lip once and stop about 8 inches behind the cup. Best part about that one was the foursome ahead of us watching from the next tee box screaming.

Best round...80 a handful of times. I only blew it once...bogeying a par 5 18th. Was not a happy camper.

Best course... Chattanooga Golf and CC. Absolutely picture perfect the few times I got to play there.

Best shot... There's two that stand out. First was the second shot on a par 5 from 250ish. Nutted a 3W from the fairway and had the ball stop about 5 feet from the hole (missed the eagle putt). Second was a hole out from 135. A little downhill so I hit my gap wedge. Caught it flush and landed it hole high about 5 feet to the right of the pin. Third bounce it sucked back down the slope and broke straight into the hole. This was my favorite shot of all time because I could see the whole thing unfold. I had a chance to do the little shuffle left.......and Tiger uppercut fist pump in the fairway. Awesomesauce.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Everything golf

Postby iamjs » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:21 pm

Fun golf stuff...

Your best score?

Me:
Aces - 0. Been within 2 ft a number of times but this ain’t horseshoes
Best score - 75
Best course - St. Andrews
Best shot - making a 20-foot birdie on 17 at Sawgrass

1... somewhat. Pitch and putt, 85 yard hole. Shot kicked off the side of the hill, rolled about 30 ft across the green into the cup. 8-) I'm not so sure that can be considered official though since it was on a par 3 goatpath that had chickens walking around on the 5-8 holes. I put one about 10 ft from the hole on #7 at Moon last week. That's about the closest that I've been in awhile.

Best score: 80 at Dogwood, 82 at the base course in Mayport, FL. I've mentioned Dogwood on here before. Very short par 4s, with the majority of them being reachable if you can control your driver and hit it about 230-250ish.

Best course: I haven't played anything that I would consider amazing, mostly local courses. Hopefully that changes this summer.

Best shot: #11 at Moon, about 110 yards out. Decided to try my gap wedge instead of my pitching wedge. Couldn't find the ball once we approached the green. I thought I overshot the green and went off the back. Turns out I holed out with an eagle.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:39 am

https://sports.yahoo.com/masters-ticket ... 41895.html
According to documents filed in a U.S. District Court in Augusta, Georgia, the family has used stolen identities to enter the Masters ticket lottery multiple times every year from 2013-2017. The Masters allows for one entry into its ticket lottery per person.

The family stands accused of purchasing bulk mailing lists and using names and addresses to create fake accounts for the Masters lottery connected with email addressed controlled by the family.

Family members would then use forged documents such as fake driver’s licenses to change the addresses associated with the accounts to ensure that any tickets won would be sent to them, according to court documents.

U.S. Attorney Bobby Christine noted in a press release that the crimes could carry a penalty of up to 20 years in prison.

shoeshine boy

Everything golf

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:48 am

Fun golf stuff...

Your best score?
0 but I've been within 2 feet or so a couple of times
cracked 90 (88) on a full length course about a month ago but went +8 on an executive course about 6 months ago. had 12 pars that day.
I've only been playing for 2 years so the courses I play are still bargain basement courses. River Pines here in ATL is probably the nicest though.
holed out of the sand on a par 3 once. that felt pretty good. :)

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:03 am

DA Points is not playing in the Zurich Classic this week for inquiring minds. Probably couldn't find a partner

MR25

Everything golf

Postby MR25 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:44 am

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:52 pm

I love this guy.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:35 pm

DA Points is not playing in the Zurich Classic this week for inquiring minds. Probably couldn't find a partner
You won't be seeing D.A. for a while. Having surgery to work on a disc in his neck this week.

Dickie Dunn

Everything golf

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:43 pm

You won't be seeing D.A. for a while. Having surgery to work on a disc in his neck this week.
Sounds like an injury exemption for next year. :twisted:

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:10 pm

Aw man

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Everything golf

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:16 pm

I probably cannot go this year, but glad to hear.
Wells Fargo and Quail Hollow Club announce a 5 year extension keeping the tournament in Charlotte through 2024.
https://twitter.com/NateWimberly/status ... 2832542720

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Wed May 01, 2019 10:53 am

My irons from Gigagolf are SWEEEEEEET. Hitting them so clean. They're flying straight and consistent distances. I have a lot of confidence at the driving range with them, now it's time to get on the course.