Everything golf

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Thu May 05, 2022 8:44 am

It sounds dumb and nitpicky but having cleaned up my outside-in swing path I now have a two-way miss with the driver. I played 18 at Robertshaw the other day and pulled the driver into a tree on two different holes. It's something that didn't exist in my swing until this spring. The nice thing is the slice, when it happens, is a lot smaller.

King Colby

Everything golf

Postby King Colby » Thu May 05, 2022 9:42 am

I'm straight pulling everything within 110 yards. It's consistent enough that I'm starting to think it's an alignment issue. Coach says it's another symptom of my lack of weight transfer. It's annoying because the pull is a pure strike so I miss a few degrees left and also about 10 yards long.
This is my issue. (Well one of the many). The pull adds distance and causes problems.

Last round I was picking a landmark up ahead and to the right, maybe about 1 or 2oclock in space, and kind of just forcing my swing to finish through in that direction. It helped bigly

King Colby

Everything golf

Postby King Colby » Thu May 05, 2022 9:43 am

It forced me to not "fall off" and let my arms finish the swing, which usually causes my pull

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 05, 2022 10:17 am

Sigh… I need to join a golf league or something. The penn state course has online tee times. I can see what’s available. I got to the course at 9:30. Looked and saw a tee time for a single at 9:45 and 9:55. Walked up to the counter and asked for one of those. Guy said they weren’t available and sometimes their system is laggy. Okay, anything else available? Not until 2 this afternoon. Alright. Thanks.

I gather my stuff and start just putting a bit on the practice green. I see a 3some tee off at 9:45 and then 9:55. I wasn’t feeling very confrontational today or I’d have went in an asked. Do they just not like money?

Although, they may have done me a favor… the 6 of them all seemed like college frat boys.

Oh well. Back to work instead.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu May 05, 2022 10:19 am

I think I'm becoming an old man because I get cantankerous whenever I see someone with a backwards hat on the golf course (always some dudebro)

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Thu May 05, 2022 10:28 am

Sigh… I need to join a golf league or something. The penn state course has online tee times. I can see what’s available. I got to the course at 9:30. Looked and saw a tee time for a single at 9:45 and 9:55. Walked up to the counter and asked for one of those. Guy said they weren’t available and sometimes their system is laggy. Okay, anything else available? Not until 2 this afternoon. Alright. Thanks.
This doesn't address your problem but I'll throw it out here. If you're in town Memorial Day weekend and want to play with us my veterans group is doing a guest/fundraiser day.
FYI - This Memorial Day weekend, we are at Penn State Courses *(Blue/White)* ... I have designated these events as VGA fundraisers! This is a "bring a NON VGA" along to play as your guest! Your guest will pay the same rate - all we ask is that each guest makes a donation for the VGA!
Both Sunday and Monday are bring a friend fundraiser days!
About $60/rd for the golf/cart/range balls and then whatever you'd want to throw in the collection plate. Blue on Sunday at 12:00 or White on Monday at 10:00.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Thu May 05, 2022 11:35 am

That sounds pretty sweet... I'll unfortunately be out of town for memorial day weekend, but if I were around, I'd definitely join you.

King Colby

Everything golf

Postby King Colby » Thu May 05, 2022 11:42 am

I think I'm becoming an old man because I get cantankerous whenever I see someone with a backwards hat on the golf course (always some dudebro)
Nah. A backwards hat on a golf course is as low rent as it gets

King Colby

Everything golf

Postby King Colby » Thu May 05, 2022 11:43 am

My old man grumpiness is when guys wear painted on golf tights. Buddy, you're golfing with 3 dudes, no reason to show off the outline of your ballbag

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Thu May 05, 2022 11:46 am

That sounds pretty sweet... I'll unfortunately be out of town for memorial day weekend, but if I were around, I'd definitely join you.
I like to try and play one or two out-of-state tournaments on Memorial Day weekend somewhere close to where I can rent a cabin. Make a trip out of it. But one of my wife's friends is having a Saturday wedding on Memorial Day weekend this year, ruining any chance of that. Total narcissist move on her part. That's the only reason I'm even tracking those events in State College.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu May 05, 2022 9:45 pm

Phil utterly destroyed his own reputation.

https://golf.com/news/report-phil-micke ... ses/?amp=1
In 2016, the Securities and Exchange Commission alleged that Mickelson made nearly seven-figures on a stock tip from professional gambler Billy Walters, the proceeds of which Mickelson used to pay off a gambling debt to Walters. At the time, the extent of Mickelson’s debts were unknown, but reporting in the biography — attributed to a source with access to the SEC’s documents — revealed that in one four-year stretch, from 2010-14, Mickelson’s losses totaled more than $40 million, or roughly the equivalent of his estimated annual income during that period.

Dickie Dunn

Everything golf

Postby Dickie Dunn » Thu May 05, 2022 10:34 pm

Jesus

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri May 06, 2022 7:01 am

CBear3

Everything golf

Postby CBear3 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:37 am

Shocking behavior from El Nino

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Everything golf

Postby iamjs » Fri May 06, 2022 10:46 am

Unrelated to that, I also took a chance and bought an x-stiff PXG driver last week from 2ndSwingGolf. Golf clubs are like shoes to me, in the sense that I don't like buying them online unless I've tried out something similar beforehand. But I got a good deal on it and wanted to try a x-stiff driver. If I like it, I already have a buyer for my M2 that it would be replacing. If not, I'll sell the PXG and should be able to make my money back.
Took the new driver to TopGolf yesterday. The sound the PXG makes is similar to that of hitting a golf ball with an aluminum bat.

As for how the driver hit, I'm still not sure. I had a few that hit the fence on the fly, but their tees are really low for what I like to hit. Would be nice if they had a few options in the bay that were taller than 1/4 inch off the mat.
I’ve taken an older, yellow, square Nike Sasquatch driver out to the range many times. Turns heads… because of that unique sound.
What's funny is that I mentioned it to a few people around the office, and their reaction was like "oh, like ______'s driver?" Turns out that dude hits a Sasquatch, but it might even be louder than that.
So that extra loud noise that the driver was making was the club head separating. :o

Turns out 2nd Swing is really good about returns. I sent them two pics, and they sent me a shipping label. About 2-3 days later, the amount that I paid for the club was credited back to my card.

So I'm back to using my M2 again, which I was supposed to be selling but now I'm not totally sure if I want to part with it yet.

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Fri May 06, 2022 10:52 am

Glad they took care of you. I was doing some speedwork with the driver last week and separated the ferrule from the hosel. Not a huge deal, my club maker fixed it right away. Nice to have his retail, repair services, and simulators all under one roof.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri May 06, 2022 11:24 am

I don't understand this take. why does the PGA Tour need disruption? and who the **** is gonna watch the Senior Tour 2.0 but in worse timezones?

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Fri May 06, 2022 11:27 am

Good thing for Sergio, you can't lose balls on the Saudi tour I guess

shoeshine boy

Everything golf

Postby shoeshine boy » Fri May 06, 2022 11:53 am

who here has done a fitting for a driver? I'm getting some retroactive pay this week and one of the things I want to do is buy myself something nice. I'm still using my "beginner driver" but was thinking that getting properly fitted would be good.

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Fri May 06, 2022 12:07 pm

I've been fitted for a driving iron, irons, and wedges but not a driver. I'm waiting to see what the new Titleist line looks like this fall before buying one.

Getting fit by a good fitter is a fun experience. And it has led to me being more comfortable with my gear (I'm tall).

Ulf was fit for his Stealth.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Fri May 06, 2022 12:50 pm

Yeah I wouldn't buy anything without getting fitted. It's not like it's an extra cost or anything either. They'll get the right club, shaft, adjustments etc for your swing. Demo days were the best but those seem to be going by the wayside in lieu of just one brand coming for a fitting day. It'd be best to get fitted by a few different brands and seeing what you like best but it's hard to walk out of there and say no sometimes

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Fri May 06, 2022 12:53 pm

I did a TaylorMade demo day. I told him the moment I stepped into the bay that I wasn't buying that day and that this was a chance for TaylorMade to be added to my list of companies I am considering. The guy was cool about it and understood.

The U

Everything golf

Postby The U » Fri May 06, 2022 2:31 pm

Getting fit for a driver is fun. Seeing all the data up on the trackman screen and comparing all the brands. Some just feel so much better than others. I’ll never buy a driver again without being fit first. You’re spending enough on the club and playing often enough that you want to know you’re getting something custom fit to you and your game.

King Colby

Everything golf

Postby King Colby » Fri May 06, 2022 2:55 pm

My new arns will be here Tuesday

shoeshine boy

Everything golf

Postby shoeshine boy » Fri May 06, 2022 3:47 pm

my main concern is that they'll go straight to $500+ drivers. I'm not very trusting of salespeople....