Dumb.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Everything golf

Postby iamjs » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:32 pm

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:45 pm

I'm watching the LPGA and Lexi has the yips from inside 5 feet. It's been painful

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:47 pm

I'm watching the LPGA and Lexi has the yips from inside 5 feet. It's been painful
Her putter was awful.

Meanwhile, Theegala about to experience heartbreak again. What a disastrous 72nd hole

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:48 pm

Dickie Dunn

Everything golf

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:59 pm

Wolff to LIV.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:09 pm

Wolff to LIV.
Another head case

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:14 pm

It’s like the Island of Misfit Toys

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:30 pm

It really is like all the scumbags just got up and left. :lol:

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:27 pm

It really is like all the scumbags just got up and left. :lol:
You can’t talk. You backed out of The Match Starring dodint and MIMH in Coastal NC because of a phantom “Achilles”. Next I’m gonna hear that you withdrew to join the LIV tour :slug:

The U

Everything golf

Postby The U » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:43 pm

Those greens are so difficult, especially once they dried out a bit over the weekend. She had the W she just couldn’t putt over the final handful of holes. I know nothing about woman’s golf so I had no idea she had a choking reputation. She certainly lived up to it. She had an awful chip on 16 that also played a major role in her fall.

I saw a bunch of people with IG Chun hats. Struck me as kinda weird that so many people in the gallery had fan gear of a somewhat random South Korean female golfer.

Nothing news breaking here but the tempo and ease in which these girls swing the club is something to emulate. Nice and easy 275 right down the middle on every drive. Easy tempo with all irons whether they are in fairway or rough. Never muscling anything up or trying to power through heavy rough. It’s all smooth tempo and hip/body turn. Made me want to go to the driving range and practice swinging as easy as I can.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:26 am

Chun has a giant fanbase called The Flying Dumbos. Her nickname is Dumbo because of her intense curiosity, a nickname given to her back in Korea. She’s also incredibly smart and is a math whiz. But most importantly, after winning the Women’s Open in Lancaster in 2015, she set up a foundation to help raise funds for college tuition for the club’s caddies and employee’s children. This week, she’ll be in Lancaster for a fundraiser to help bolster that foundation. She’s an impressive player and an even more impressive person. It was great getting to cover her win this past week.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:14 am

Those greens are so difficult, especially once they dried out a bit over the weekend. She had the W she just couldn’t putt over the final handful of holes. I know nothing about woman’s golf so I had no idea she had a choking reputation. She certainly lived up to it. She had an awful chip on 16 that also played a major role in her fall.

I saw a bunch of people with IG Chun hats. Struck me as kinda weird that so many people in the gallery had fan gear of a somewhat random South Korean female golfer.

Nothing news breaking here but the tempo and ease in which these girls swing the club is something to emulate. Nice and easy 275 right down the middle on every drive. Easy tempo with all irons whether they are in fairway or rough. Never muscling anything up or trying to power through heavy rough. It’s all smooth tempo and hip/body turn. Made me want to go to the driving range and practice swinging as easy as I can.
Yes I learn more from watching the ladies. And also I get to see Nelly Korda so it's a win win

CBear3

Everything golf

Postby CBear3 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:44 am

I love women's golf because of that. They don't hit the ball any further than I do, but they execute at such an incredibly high level. It's fun to watch that way.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:09 am

There's also the element of playing courses the way they were designed. There's not really any bomb and gouging going on. They hit 5 irons and hybrids into some par 4s. It's fun to see them pull those shots off with the precision they have

MrKennethTKangaroo

Everything golf

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:15 am

Not only do they hit hybrids, but they actually get roll on their hybrids, unlike the men who hit 4i an absurd distance with minimal roll. So the women actually have to worry about where they land the ball. Quite impressive

The U

Everything golf

Postby The U » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:19 am

Chun has a giant fanbase called The Flying Dumbos. Her nickname is Dumbo because of her intense curiosity, a nickname given to her back in Korea. She’s also incredibly smart and is a math whiz. But most importantly, after winning the Women’s Open in Lancaster in 2015, she set up a foundation to help raise funds for college tuition for the club’s caddies and employee’s children. This week, she’ll be in Lancaster for a fundraiser to help bolster that foundation. She’s an impressive player and an even more impressive person. It was great getting to cover her win this past week.
Ahhh that’s awesome. Glad she won. Seemed like a nice person in interviews and demeanor on course. I did see the dumbo gear and didn’t know the nickname/correlation until I heard it explained later on during the broadcast. Also interesting that she whipped out a new 7 wood/hybrid and 9 wood/hybrid just for this course to get height and land soft.

CBear3

Everything golf

Postby CBear3 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:31 am

Her driving average was 229, and she finished under par over a 6800 yard course.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:35 am

insane - the girl I play with in FL flies it 270. My brother's fiance's little 16 year old sister was a state champ last year and drives further than her. Not by much.. but that shows you how effing good she is with every club

CBear3

Everything golf

Postby CBear3 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:46 am

I think she was the only one in the top 10 under 250.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:09 am

Oakmont:

Oh my. What an experience. We played leading up to the club championship so it was in peak condition. The enormity of standing on the first tee and getting ready to bomb one and thinking of the great players who have stood there and done the same thing is pretty breathtaking.

Clubhouse: lots of memorabilia from prior events - -DJs 6 iron he stuck on 18; cabrera's cigarette butts; etc. replicas of some of trophies in the main display case. everything is perfectly taken care of

Practice area: great place to work on your game with range, short game, and multiple putting greens. range is set up really well with different flags at distances to work some different shots.

Golf: overall its pretty amazing how the course is designed. any slight miss there is 100% probability there is a sand trap there. the greens are insane, our caddy the first day said they were rolling faster than the US open fwiw. they probably tell everyone that. if you play smart and hit your spots, you wont get penalized too much. 200 yards in the middle on every shot will let you hit many greens in regulation. almost all of the greens are guarded with only one shot that will allow to attack the green - i.e. draw, fade, etc. if you cant work the ball you are in for a long day. the traps are incredibly difficult to play out of however they don't drain very well. many of the bunkers are getting huge makeovers starting september to get ready for 2025. first day i shot 85 on 17 holes (didnt get to finish) second day was 99

a few thoughts in general about the course
1: awesome starting hole. you can bomb a drive and hit a nice approach. there's a spot in the row of trees hulton that you can see the sheetz perfectly which really ruins the ambiance.

2: 180 off the tee and 140 approach. danger short, danger long, danger right, danger left.

3: impossible hole. church pews along the left. huge sloping fairway right to left. impossible approach. theres about a 6' deep spot on the green to land your ball from 170 yard approach shot. short - you role back down the fairway 30 yards, deep you are in jail the an impossible bump and run

4: birdie time

5: 200 off the tee. easy approach if you hit it straight and land it soft.

6: fair par 3. large bunkers surrounding green

7: blind tee shot, if your drive hits the slot you can have a short wedge in

8: 220+ par 3 with bunkers from basically 5 oclock to 11oclock around the green. a well played draw can run up on to the putting surface

9: blind tee shot up the hill. if you pound your drive you are in the bunkers in the middle of the fairway. 9 green shares with the practice green so its yuge. pin very well protected by green side bunker. go deep and have a long 2 putt for par

10: drive runs away from you and naturally will put in a ditch. if you hit the fairway, par is a strong probability, can run an iron up on to the green nicely

11: i really struggled with this hole both rounds. green very shallow. not a lot of flat lies on approach

12: big par 5. a long wood on approach can roll up if the wind is blowing well.

13: fun par 3. green slopes towards tee, run it up and let the backstop work for you

14: let it rip here. a hook wont hurt you, you will be on 12 fairway with a slightly dodgy approach. easiest hole on the course im

15: challenging par 4, a drive on left center of fairway will position well. very challenging sand trap along the entire right side of the green. if you play right of center on drive approach is almost impossible

16: silly par 3. very shallow green, need to stop a long iron on a dime to hit green.

17: uphill par 4. can either play it short with a long approach or bomb a drive and take what the course gives you. i went drive both times and ended up OK. if you are over the green on your approach, good night. the green will run every ball away and into a bunker that will take you 11 shots to get out.

18: hard not to love this finishing hole. a nice drive still leaves you 180 or so in. undulating green with an approach that can accomodate a shot dead center. pin placement can make it a wild ride.

although the greens were impossible, its pretty awesome to play where the ball goes where it should when you hit it. it also gives one an appreciation for how much the pros can spin it around the green. thanksful to have had the opportunity.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:15 am

awesome stuff litt. did you play it during US Open week? My brother's friend caddies there and says every year on US Open week they trick it up like an Open for the members. Said greens were like at a 17, so good chance they were faster than the Open's greens

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:15 am

Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:51 am

Man, that is just fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:22 pm

Those greens would make me cry, especially after 5 3-putts on my home course this morning.

It’s great you had that opportunity, @LITT. You definitely get a better idea at how good the pros are when playing courses like that.