Everything golf

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:01 pm

what ball do y'all use?

I'm a cheap **** and buy Top Flites (new) from Dick's. Wondering if theres a better value ball

also huge chip by Henley

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:06 pm

Vice

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:07 pm

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:17 pm

lol Hovland withdrew because of “sand in his eye”. It’s probably a true thing but it feels like a real life “ow, my arm”

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:32 pm

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooost

King Colby

Everything golf

Postby King Colby » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:34 pm

what ball do y'all use?

I'm a cheap **** and buy Top Flites (new) from Dick's. Wondering if theres a better value ball

also huge chip by Henley
I actually buy 4A and 5A used balls from lostgolfballs.com

MWB

Everything golf

Postby MWB » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:34 pm

what ball do y'all use?

also huge chip by Henley
I live on a golf course, so any of the good ones I find.

MWB

Everything golf

Postby MWB » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:36 pm

Tomorrow should be fun.

King Colby

Everything golf

Postby King Colby » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:37 pm

what ball do y'all use?

also huge chip by Henley
I live on a golf course, so any of the good ones I find.
How many do you get? A guy I work with has lived on a golf course for 11 months and has already filled nearly two 5 gallon buckets

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:39 pm

MAB what position are you in terms of the course? like by a green or fairway?

I feel like I’d enjoy living on a golf course. You can run on and play whenever right? Maybe illegal lol

MWB

Everything golf

Postby MWB » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:43 pm

I’ve got 200 that I’ve cleaned and put in egg cartons. I’ve got another 2-300 that haven’t been cleaned. My wife takes walks on the golf course and will come back with a bag full at a time. In the summer it’s not happening, but in the fall/winter I can go to the back of my house in the woods and get a lot.

MWB

Everything golf

Postby MWB » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:44 pm

Feel awful for Bland.

MWB

Everything golf

Postby MWB » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:51 pm

MAB what position are you in terms of the course? like by a green or fairway?

I feel like I’d enjoy living on a golf course. You can run on and play whenever right? Maybe illegal lol
Probably 100 yards from the 4th green and 50 or so yards from 7th fairway. Can’t see either in the summer because of tree lines. Theoretically, yes, could hop on and play holes for free, but haven’t yet. Would be pretty easy in the winter when things aren’t overgrown. I’m sure I will at some point. A little leery because I don’t want to get caught and I do play there sometimes (although it’s more expensive than it should be).

We’re in a great spot in terms of not having to worry about our house getting hit. You’d have to really miss hit your approach on 4, and be long, and the tee box on 7 is a good 350 from our backyard. So I’ve only had 3-4 balls end up in our yard. But close enough for wife to bring drinks out if needed.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:46 pm

Feel awful for Bland.
I do too. I think we all knew it was coming but still hard to watch.

I love this leaderboard. The only guy who I definitely do not want to see win is Dechambeau.

So many good stories. Wolff's struggles with mental illness. Rory's return to form. Henley never having a Top 10 in 26 majors. Oosty finally getting over the hump. And so on.

That means Bryson will definitely post a 67 and win.

MWB

Everything golf

Postby MWB » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:54 pm

Agreed, I would like to see any of them but Dechambeau. Hit an 8-iron from 200 on a par three… that’s enough to hate right there.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:58 pm

what ball do y'all use?

also huge chip by Henley
I was exclusive top flite gamer until the kirklands became readily available in store so I’ve been playing those for about 24 mo

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:55 pm

I liked the Kirklands at first and then the 4 piece went AWOL. Really like the Vice bit would go back to Kirkland. Not a Costco member do depends if they sell online to nonmembers. I'm an hour from the closest one. Sam's needs to step up their golf game

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:20 pm

I’ve heard good things about Kirkland but I did read that the most recent one was prone to tearing? Thankfully there’s a Costco in town so I need to go with a friend

genoscoif

Everything golf

Postby genoscoif » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:04 am

I’ve heard good things about Kirkland but I did read that the most recent one was prone to tearing? Thankfully there’s a Costco in town so I need to go with a friend
I've played Kirkland and Vice, but always come back to my Titleist NXT Tours. Just something about them.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:28 am

lol Hovland withdrew because of “sand in his eye”. It’s probably a true thing but it feels like a real life “ow, my arm”
Luckily, your intrepid reporter here was standing next to Hovland as he was getting treated by the doctor on his 2nd hole of the day. The way they were talking, it could have been a possible scratched cornea. The words 'opthamalic anesthetic' was used. I'm not a doctor and I'm in a Marriott right now but that doesn't sound very good.

As for the final round, Hughes and Henley are cute stories but this one is going to get won by a heavyweight. There's too much pedigree in the top 10 of this board (minus Scheffler and a couple guys at -1) who can take this one down. Pretty much think that anyone -2 and better have a chance to win this. 67 has been the lowest score all week and that would be what the -1's would need in order just to send it to a playoff, assuming that one of the leaders shoots even par.

genoscoif

Everything golf

Postby genoscoif » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:49 am

I've played Kirkland and Vice, but always come back to my Titleist NXT Tours. Just something about them.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:05 am

As someone who would financially benefit from a Rahm win, I'm pulling for him. But if not, I hope Rory does it

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:27 am

As in the cover durability is bad?

If so, I find this to be the complete opposite. I played a whole round with the same Kirkland last week and it looks fine. I usually can only get 3 hikes out of a proV before it looks damaged

Troy Loney

Everything golf

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:36 am

I’ll have to pick up some kirklands next time at costco. I bought some Calloway eco soft cause I wanted to see
If the three stripes would help me line up putts. They started getting scuffed the second round playing them

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:09 am

Luckily, your intrepid reporter here was standing next to Hovland as he was getting treated by the doctor on his 2nd hole of the day. The way they were talking, it could have been a possible scratched cornea. The words 'opthamalic anesthetic' was used. I'm not a doctor and I'm in a Marriott right now but that doesn't sound very good.

As for the final round, Hughes and Henley are cute stories but this one is going to get won by a heavyweight. There's too much pedigree in the top 10 of this board (minus Scheffler and a couple guys at -1) who can take this one down. Pretty much think that anyone -2 and better have a chance to win this. 67 has been the lowest score all week and that would be what the -1's would need in order just to send it to a playoff, assuming that one of the leaders shoots even par.
:thumb:

I've had a scratched cornea once in my life. I remember opening my eyes in the morning and screaming in agony.