Everything golf

shoeshine boy

Everything golf

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue May 28, 2019 9:51 am

question for those of you who have flown with golf clubs: do you take a regular sized bag or do you carry a Sunday bag instead?

backstory: we're heading to Maui in October for my 50th. we definitely want to play some golf while we're there. I haven't decided yet whether to fly Southwest or Delta. with Delta we each get 1 "free" bag because of our Skymiles Amex card. obviously with SW we each get 2 bags but the flights are tricky to work out since we don't live on the West Coast.
we tested out or golf bags this weekend and found that we can get 2 Sunday bags in our softsided (bought on clearance, never used) travel cover. we can also get 2 Sunday bags in our hard-sided case given to us by my FIL but it's a much tighter fit. I refuse to pay baggage fees to Delta so I'm thinking each of us taking a full-size (Sun Mountain stand bag) bag is out.
thoughts? experiences?

MrKennethTKangaroo

Everything golf

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue May 28, 2019 10:00 am

I fly w/ clubs to myrtle and took my normal ogio (carry) bag

MrKennethTKangaroo

Everything golf

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue May 28, 2019 10:01 am

also, what does everyone think of people who play music on their cellphone while golfing?

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 28, 2019 10:03 am

also, what does everyone think of people who play music on their cellphone while golfing?
I like it. I obviously wouldn't if I'm playing with anyone that doesn't like it. I just got one of these puppies too

https://soundcaddygolf.com/

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Tue May 28, 2019 10:07 am

question for those of you who have flown with golf clubs: do you take a regular sized bag or do you carry a Sunday bag instead?

backstory: we're heading to Maui in October for my 50th. we definitely want to play some golf while we're there. I haven't decided yet whether to fly Southwest or Delta. with Delta we each get 1 "free" bag because of our Skymiles Amex card. obviously with SW we each get 2 bags but the flights are tricky to work out since we don't live on the West Coast.
we tested out or golf bags this weekend and found that we can get 2 Sunday bags in our softsided (bought on clearance, never used) travel cover. we can also get 2 Sunday bags in our hard-sided case given to us by my FIL but it's a much tighter fit. I refuse to pay baggage fees to Delta so I'm thinking each of us taking a full-size (Sun Mountain stand bag) bag is out.
thoughts? experiences?
I just take my normal stand bag. I'm sure you could get by with a small sunday bag if it means saving baggage fees each way

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Tue May 28, 2019 10:33 am

people that dont like playing music while they golf are people that this gentleman does not want to play golf with. people take golf too seriously. if background music is going to impact your playing, try harder.

LITT
Location: Those who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people with nothing to say

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Tue May 28, 2019 10:36 am

thoughts? experiences?
I just take my normal stand bag. I'm sure you could get by with a small sunday bag if it means saving baggage fees each way
i had a drive snap once so i am hyper sensitive to this. i have a bagboy travel bag with the backbone thingy that supports the top

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue May 28, 2019 12:08 pm

Huh...I'm not sure if I would like music while I play. It's not that I take golf seriously (God no) but when I'm out on the course, it's really only the golf course/nature sounds I want to hear. I listen to music all the time, a round of golf is four hours when it's just me and the sounds of the course.

LITT

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Tue May 28, 2019 12:14 pm

if i am playing by myself i dont listen to music for that reason. when i am with a foursome im letting it rip

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 28, 2019 12:39 pm

I don't mind music playing. Turn it up.

LITT

Everything golf

Postby LITT » Tue May 28, 2019 1:09 pm

How do you like those new clubs

shoeshine boy

Everything golf

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue May 28, 2019 1:19 pm

we don't play with music but I don't mind people who do. when we played a charity tourney a few weeks back the course had just gotten new carts that had bluetooth speakers included with them. it was a pretty nice feature.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Everything golf

Postby count2infinity » Tue May 28, 2019 1:29 pm

How do you like those new clubs
I've hit them at the range about 8 times now, played 1 full round and 1 scramble, and I love 'em.

It was very rare with my old clubs to hit a shot and everything felt and sounded great. With these, hitting a good shot happens more often and just feels so much more rewarding. Might all be in my head, but I don't care. The placebo effect can work wonders.

MR25

Everything golf

Postby MR25 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:39 pm

I'm seriously considering going in on one-length irons. My 7 iron swing has developed into a very smooth motion and I'm making great contact regardless of how far I take the club back. I feel like I've lost something in the longer irons over the past couple years and I can't seem to get it back.

Havent found a place to test them out and compare them to my currents though, and that's the only thing holding me back.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Everything golf

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue May 28, 2019 1:58 pm

For me that is the hardest part about not playing often enough. I don't intuitively know how far I can hit certain shots with which clubs.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Fri May 31, 2019 3:34 pm

Anyone subscribe to the Golfer's Journal?

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Everything golf

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Good to see Kaymer and Jordan and Adam Scott doing well.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Everything golf

Postby iamjs » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:07 pm

If it's no more noticeable than any other background noise, I'm ok with that.

If a group pulls up behind me and they are playing music loud enough that you can't hold a conversation despite them being cart lengths away, then turn it down. You aren't Al Czervik.

Caddyshack related: I still believe Danny Noonan and Ty Webb lost the match to Judge Smails.

The ball stopped. They lost. Al Czervik owes the judge 80 large, and nobody is getting laid at Bushwood.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:58 am

This Sixes event on the Euro Tour is pretty cool

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:59 am

A little bit because the announcers keep calling shots an absolute cracker or having a smash, but the format is fun

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:02 am

Onto the PGA Tour Live app.. who the hell made the decision to put Zach Johnson in a featured group? Blah

grunthy

Everything golf

Postby grunthy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:17 am

If it's no more noticeable than any other background noise, I'm ok with that.

If a group pulls up behind me and they are playing music loud enough that you can't hold a conversation despite them being cart lengths away, then turn it down. You aren't Al Czervik.

Caddyshack related: I still believe Danny Noonan and Ty Webb lost the match to Judge Smails.

The ball stopped. They lost. Al Czervik owes the judge 80 large, and nobody is getting laid at Bushwood.
When any part of the ball overhangs the lip of the hole, the player is allowed enough time to reach the hole without unreasonable delay and an additional 10 seconds to determine whether the ball is at rest. If by then the ball has not fallen into the hole, it is deemed to be at rest. If the ball subsequently falls into the hole, the player is deemed to have holed out with his last stroke, and must add a penalty stroke to his score for the hole; otherwise, there is no penalty under this Rule.
:D

Since bombs were going off, I don’t think there was an unreasonable delay in getting to the ball. :slug:

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Everything golf

Postby iamjs » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:42 pm

Don't make me go back and time that scene. :lol:

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:14 pm

The coverage gap enrages me. Let's go to the final round of the tournament, here are our leaders 4 holes into their rounds.. amateur hour

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:19 pm

Also for the love of God. No one cares about the FedEx Cup, err Wyndham Rewards Champ, for at least another month. How about putting their place in the actual tournament next to their name instead?