Everything golf

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:13 pm

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:20 pm

I jumped onto West Texas Driving Pro's post round recap discussion. I requested live mic access and was a little shocked when they actually chatted with me live for a few minutes on their show. That was fun.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:22 pm

I made a head on head beat on Hovland over Finau. Was happy yesterday but holy **** Hovland pulled a Phil and went +7 today

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:36 pm

Not sure what is going on with Hovland. Really excited about Rahm. Would love to see him win again.

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:43 pm

Lots of good folks at the top of a tight leaderboard. Fun weekend.

I am playing in my veterans group state championship for West Virginia tomorrow, at Stonewall Resort. Flighted, obvs. Weather looks gorgeous. I shot 107 here in April, just hoping for 99 or better. I have dialed back my intensity the last two weeks and hope to show up loose and clear headed. :thumb:

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:51 pm

Lots of good folks at the top of a tight leaderboard. Fun weekend.

I am playing in my veterans group state championship for West Virginia tomorrow, at Stonewall Resort. Flighted, obvs. Weather looks gorgeous. I shot 107 here in April, just hoping for 99 or better. I have dialed back my intensity the last two weeks and hope to show up loose and clear headed. :thumb:
Good luck buddy. Honestly, this sounds stupid but sometimes after a bad shot I imagine myself as a Tour golfer that just hit a mishit into the rough off the green (or whatever) and know I have the talent and game to somewhat compensate for it.

I know it sounds silly for a 39 year old man but it works sometimes :lol:

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:37 pm

Poor Cam Young. Finished birdie-ace-birdie-birdie-par to miss the cut by one.

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:09 pm

Unfortunately, I am not part of this feature. But it gives an accurate account of our inner workings on these major weeks.

Troy Loney

Everything golf

Postby Troy Loney » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:28 pm

Why do these announcers hate this wise dude?

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:08 pm

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:15 pm

That wind is no joke out there today. And it’s a cold wind too. I need another layer.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:16 pm

Just got back from golfing... Despite relentless 30 mph gusts, managed to shoot a new low (97). That was tough to play in. Got my second birdie in two rounds, pretty sure I hadn't had one for 30 rounds prior :lol: Long sweeping downhill 35 footer.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:21 pm

Holy sht... Rodgers is self destructing

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:39 pm

That Scheffler double changes everything.

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:57 pm

Carnage. And Zalatoris. Love it

willeyeam

Everything golf

Postby willeyeam » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:57 pm

Just got back from golfing... Despite relentless 30 mph gusts, managed to shoot a new low (97). That was tough to play in. Got my second birdie in two rounds, pretty sure I hadn't had one for 30 rounds prior :lol: Long sweeping downhill 35 footer.
Lfg

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:16 pm

Thanks man.

Dude, this **** coverage. Rahm drains a huge birdie putt to tie for the lead and all you can hear on the telecast is polite clapping like you would hear after a tough bogey. WTF?

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:37 pm

@Orlando Penguin is Beau Hossler ever going to put it together for four rounds? Feels like he is constantly in contention on Friday and then falls apart every weekend.

shafnutz05

Everything golf

Postby shafnutz05 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:49 pm

WOW. Rahm is on a tear, and then takes two shots out of the fairway bunker in 18 and then goes straight to a buried bunker lie in the greenside bunker

dodint

Everything golf

Postby dodint » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:33 pm

Nice job, shaf!

Got caught up on the open coverage, what a wild day.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:03 pm

oh man, Morikawa got knocked on his ass today, +7

I don’t think -1 for Rory is close enough with all the people ahead of him. Pretty stacked leaderboard with Zal, Fitzpatrick, Rahm and Schef

Orlando Penguin

Everything golf

Postby Orlando Penguin » Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:53 pm

@Orlando Penguin is Beau Hossler ever going to put it together for four rounds? Feels like he is constantly in contention on Friday and then falls apart every weekend.
Hossler hasn't won at any level as a pro. That's no coincidence since he can't seem to find that consistency over all 4 rounds. But that's golf. Just because they were a stud in college doesn't mean it's going to translate to the pros. Want to find another example -- go look up Norman Xiong. He crushed it in college and was seen as the next big thing. Within a year, he couldn't be found anywhere. But this weekend, he's resurfaced as a Monday qualifier on the Korn Ferry and is the 54-hole leader in Wichita. So in his case, maybe this is the turnaround.
oh man, Morikawa got knocked on his ass today, +7

I don’t think -1 for Rory is close enough with all the people ahead of him. Pretty stacked leaderboard with Zal, Fitzpatrick, Rahm and Schef
#1 This is the US Open
#2 It's supposed to be colder and a touch windier than it was today. The temps aren't supposed to get into the 60s and it's going to be a north-northwest wind again

Take those 2 factors and no lead is safe and nothing outside of 8 is out of the realm of possibility. You get a guy like, oh I don't know, Justin Thomas (remember him?) who is 7 back (sound familiar?) go out and shoot a 67 early enough and get into the house at E, then let's see what happens. You've got 2 guys in the final group who have never won in the US. You have major winners Rahm, Keegan, and Scheff ahead of Rory yes but that's just one shot. In an Open situation, 3 shots is pretty much nothing.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Everything golf

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:01 pm

#1 This is the US Open
#2 It's supposed to be colder and a touch windier than it was today. The temps aren't supposed to get into the 60s and it's going to be a north-northwest wind again

Take those 2 factors and no lead is safe and nothing outside of 8 is out of the realm of possibility. You get a guy like, oh I don't know, Justin Thomas (remember him?) who is 7 back (sound familiar?) go out and shoot a 67 early enough and get into the house at E, then let's see what happens. You've got 2 guys in the final group who have never won in the US. You have major winners Rahm, Keegan, and Scheff ahead of Rory yes but that's just one shot. In an Open situation, 3 shots is pretty much nothing.
Yeah but everyone plays the same course. I think at least one of the top 5 will shoot even tomorrow and I doubt Rory will be able to go below -1 if everyone else is struggling

Troy Loney

Everything golf

Postby Troy Loney » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:27 am

Played yesterday morning as well, wind was no joke. I have a really high ball flight and got had two tee shots just get completely smothered by the wind. But it’s also fun when you get the wind at your back and a wind aided 300 yard drive.

I have been living in the mid 80’s this year, but I’ve slowly been able to stop “creative” scorekeeping. So the 85 yesterday feels good. I replaced the 60 with an old 56 from
My high school bag has been a huge difference. As opposed to trying to finesse a 54 below 90 yards, I can take full swings with the 56 from 60-90 yards and just choke up or down.

Playing an easy track today, hopping to give 79 a run

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

Everything golf

Postby iamjs » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:48 am

To anybody who might have played Indian Run yesterday during the mid-afternoon, I truly apologize if you were stuck behind our group.

Friend of mine decided to invite two of his co-workers. They're older, probably in their early 60s, but have no concept of time or even ready golf. It took us probably 45 min to play the first two holes. Granted, due to the lack of signage for the second hole and letting one group play through, we did lose about 10 minutes. I couldn't get into any rhythm since it was about 10 minutes between shots. I even suggested doing a best ball type thing, but none of them were having it. I don't know how we weren't flagged for slow play. At one point, we had four visible groups on the two holes prior that were noticeably waiting to take their shots. But that front nine took over three hours, possibly closer to 3:15. I didn't want to come off as a dick since I didn't know his co-workers, so I asked him if he could hint to his co-workers that groups are stacking up and we need to pick up the pace. His response? "Sorry dude, that's just how they are."

We got to the tenth hole, played one shot after my drive and I used my shoulder as an out. I layed one up and was about 20 yards short of the green. Said something feels off and that I'm gonna call it a day. Those two continued the round, and me and a friend ended up jumping off.