5AF Parenting Thread

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby meow » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:15 pm

Yeah but you have to live in Bellefont or some other ass place

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby count2infinity » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:29 pm

At least I got chicken.

King Colby

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby King Colby » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:36 pm

I just hemorrhage money. On the bright side I'll only have to do that for like another 5 **** years.

Beveridge

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby Beveridge » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:34 am

Just in time for college to bleed out.

King Colby

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby King Colby » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:08 am

I'll have a gap! Need child care until 2028 and college won't start until 2036. Gonna be rich for 8 years boys!

robbiestoupe

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:29 am

But at least you can deduct like 1/5 of it on your taxes
Then realize the standard deduction overTrumps it by a lot

robbiestoupe

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:36 am

We're having a heck of a time getting our daughter to stop peeing the bed. She was potty trained earlier than my boys, and took to it very fast. But she always struggled during naps/bedtime.

My wife and I subscribed to the no pull-up theory for our two boys, and it worked for them. Oldest wet the bed 1-2 times before he got it. Second child wet the bed a little more, but it was sporadic enough to struggle through with it. We caved with our daughter. We tried for 1-2 weeks but every time she went to bed she was wet. She's been in pull-ups for about 6 months now.

Recently we've tried no pull-ups for nap time, which seems to have worked. She was doing fine at daycare (no pull-up), but at home would still pee in bed (with pull-up). We just ripped the bandaid and it seems to have solved it. Bedtime is a different story. We've tried the past 5 nights and only once did she stay dry. It's driving my wife insane to the point she's ready to give up again.

Someday our house won't smell like pee, right? RIGHT?!

mac5155

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby mac5155 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:04 am

It's above the line I think for the dependent care credit.

mac5155

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby mac5155 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:05 am

We're having a heck of a time getting our daughter to stop peeing the bed. She was potty trained earlier than my boys, and took to it very fast. But she always struggled during naps/bedtime.

My wife and I subscribed to the no pull-up theory for our two boys, and it worked for them. Oldest wet the bed 1-2 times before he got it. Second child wet the bed a little more, but it was sporadic enough to struggle through with it. We caved with our daughter. We tried for 1-2 weeks but every time she went to bed she was wet. She's been in pull-ups for about 6 months now.

Recently we've tried no pull-ups for nap time, which seems to have worked. She was doing fine at daycare (no pull-up), but at home would still pee in bed (with pull-up). We just ripped the bandaid and it seems to have solved it. Bedtime is a different story. We've tried the past 5 nights and only once did she stay dry. It's driving my wife insane to the point she's ready to give up again.

My pediatrician said it's medically related. I dont really think wearing or not wearing a pull up makes a difference?

King Colby

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby King Colby » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:12 am

It is, but its more like a phased out percentage of a fifth of a limit much lower than you actually paid lol.

I paid probably $30k in 2022. I get 20% of 6k of it, but not even the full 20%

Beveridge

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby Beveridge » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:15 am

So 2029 is when universal child care passes and KC is looking for his!

King Colby

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby King Colby » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:20 am

Do you put underwear on her as well? If I remember correctly with my son we did underwear-diaper or diaper-underwear and it helped.

robbiestoupe

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:27 am

Do you put underwear on her as well? If I remember correctly with my son we did underwear-diaper or diaper-underwear and it helped.
No, just pull-up. I do think the nap time issue was mental. She was peeing in her pull-up because she could. Once we removed that crutch, she got it. Now it's being able to hold it longer. Maybe @mac5155 is right with the medical thing, but am curious what that would be other than something mental.

robbiestoupe

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:28 am

Yeah the $5000 is, which I take right away through a DFSA. But I have $12k of expenses above that, which are not deductible anymore due to the increased standard deduction.

NTP66

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:31 am

$5000 has always been, and always will be, a total **** limit. It should be doubled.

mac5155

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby mac5155 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:25 am

No, just pull-up. I do think the nap time issue was mental. She was peeing in her pull-up because she could. Once we removed that crutch, she got it. Now it's being able to hold it longer. Maybe @mac5155 is right with the medical thing, but am curious what that would be other than something mental.
I think it's a hormone of some sort. I took medication for it when I was younger and my Ped said if that was the case both my kids probably will be blessed with it too

mac5155

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby mac5155 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:28 am

Yeah the $5000 is, which I take right away through a DFSA. But I have $12k of expenses above that, which are not deductible anymore due to the increased standard deduction.
I don't know if we're saying the same thing or not but I too take the standard deduction and have child care tax credits I believe. I paid almost $11k in care.

obhave

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby obhave » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:33 am

Childcare will cost me ~30k for one child in Boston :cry:

NTP66

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:35 am

PER YEAR?!

obhave

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby obhave » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:35 am

PER YEAR?!
Yup

NTP66

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:37 am

PER YEAR?!
Yup
I thought what we paid was high back in the day ($14kish), but that's **** insane.

obhave

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby obhave » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:39 am

PER YEAR?!
Yup
I thought what we paid was high back in the day ($14kish), but that's **** insane.
Cost wise, if we have a second kid, it will be the same to have an in-house nanny as it would to send both to daycare.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby count2infinity » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:40 am

Holy f*ck... ours for a new born was about 12K, now it's closer to 9.5K.

30K? No wonder you're considering staying home. :lol:

NTP66

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby NTP66 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:04 am

PER YEAR?!
Yup
Cost wise, if we have a second kid, it will be the same to have an in-house nanny as it would to send both to daycare.
I would have a hard time using a nanny, honestly. Having our daughter around other kids throughout her childhood was beneficial, compared to the 'homeschooled' kids I know (IMO, at least).

mac5155

5AF Parenting Thread

Postby mac5155 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:04 am

Yeah nope. To living in Boston lol