BEER

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:17 pm

I, for one, am looking forward to shads take on Braddock
Oh no
If there's one thing I've never experienced, it's being in an economically depressed, predominantly black area :? . The one-block stretch that BG is on looks nice

So many comments on deck...

If you see a 6'8 400 pound guy with a shaved head and huge goatee, who looks like he would beat the snot out of you behind a bar because you didn't have a cigarette... say hi to him. He is the MAYOR of Braddock, John Fetterman.
I have read about that guy! He seems awesome.

tifosi77

BEER

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Watch the Parts Unknown episode in Pittsburgh. Fetterman has a prominent role, and he seems like a really good dude.

MrKennethTKangaroo

BEER

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:37 pm

he seems like a grandstanding jerk imo

robbiestoupe

BEER

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:56 pm

*clicks on beer thread*

Politics

*exit stage left*

Jim

BEER

Postby Jim » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:10 pm

No politics being discussed. A comment was made about the timid upper class white boy ( :mrgreen: ) heading into a sketchy area. John is probably the scariest looking guy that you would run into at Brew Gentlemen so I was just pointing out to say hi.

columbia

BEER

Postby columbia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:52 pm

My palate has definitely made the transition to Summer beers. This is pretty decent:

Someone here is a Cigar City fan?

slappybrown

BEER

Postby slappybrown » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:53 pm

I think many of us are, and Florida Cracker is my go to beer on the beach down there.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

BEER

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Nice

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Nice beer. Wish you could get CC up here, Jai alai is an excellent go-to beer

columbia

BEER

Postby columbia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:58 pm

I think many of us are, and Florida Cracker is my go to beer on the beach down there.
It makes you wish that every Corona drinker were forced to drink this instead. We’d live a better world.

columbia

BEER

Postby columbia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:09 pm

^^^^ Live update from back porch for added Spring authenticity.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

BEER

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:41 pm

It's pouring the rain here and cold so I'm having a porter.

columbia

BEER

Postby columbia » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:43 pm

Yeah, it’s about to pour here too (and I’m not talking about beer).

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:43 am

@shafnutz05

Looks like you have quite the selection for this weekend!

https://www.brewgentlemen.com/draft-list

Gen Braddocks, Kaizen, Mammoth, Deep Breakfast, CPA, Overgrowth are all incredible and I've never had the rest, but hear the Helles, Metoer Hammer and Colossus are all amazing. Looking at that list is making the cogs in my head spin, I need to figure out a way how to get from Kittanning to Brew Gents between my kids basketball games all weekend. After drinking a lot of those and seeing them all on there, it's easy to see why it's the best brewery in Pittsburgh and one of the best in the country. Enjoy!

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:45 am

Great, thank you! I am very excited...gonna try and shoot for the early Saturday timeframe.

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:48 am

Great, thank you! I am very excited...gonna try and shoot for the early Saturday timeframe.
Probably be smart to grab some small growlers for parking lot before game.

Jim

BEER

Postby Jim » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:33 am

@shafnutz05

Gen Braddocks, Kaizen, Mammoth, Deep Breakfast, CPA, Overgrowth are all incredible and I've never had the rest, but hear the Helles, Metoer Hammer and Colossus are all amazing. Looking at that list is making the cogs in my head spin, I need to figure out a way how to get from Kittanning to Brew Gents between my kids basketball games all weekend. After drinking a lot of those and seeing them all on there, it's easy to see why it's the best brewery in Pittsburgh and one of the best in the country. Enjoy!

8 IPAs and 2 Pales... :face:

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:38 am

@shafnutz05

8 IPAs and 2 Pales... :face:
and a porter, a stout, a bitter, a lager. They can have 30 ipas on tap and they will all mostly likely be some of the best tasting ipas I've ever had, so I'm good with this from them.

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:40 am

also, this is who they are
We focus predominantly on hop-forward flavor profiles. Hops are an incredibly versatile medium that provide an ever-expanding variety of flavor combinations to work with. Since Zach began brewing in 2010, he’s always gravitated more towards their flavor and aroma properties rather than their bitterness. Remaining dedicated to these qualities, our hop-forward offerings remain juicy and refined.

In addition to this respective area of focus, we add dimension to our lineup through our own interpretations of classic styles. We truly believe that there is a beer for all occasions.

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:51 am

and I get what you are saying Jim, but I think it's different when it's a brewery that makes something specific compared to a bar that has 8ipas and 2 pales on tap.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

BEER

Postby iamjs » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:58 am

I'm heading to Tampa in a few weeks. I'll have to keep an eye out for this.
It makes you wish that every Corona drinker were forced to drink this instead. We’d live a better world.
I've turned several Corona drinkers on to this: http://flyingdogbrewery.com/?beers=numero-uno , but going through some of the ratings on RateBeer, you'd think you were asking them to drink a PBR that was left on the back porch all summer. https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/flying-do ... 6517/2/20/

Is it a 100 percentile beer? No. I thought at the very least it was a better alternative to Corona.

Kraftster

BEER

Postby Kraftster » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:32 am

@shafnutz05

Yep. Incredible list. Meteor Hammer was a sleeper top 5 Pittsburgh beer for me last year. The Helles is great. I would love to be able to drink that all summer.

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:34 am

@shafnutz05

Yep. Incredible list. Meteor Hammer was a sleeper top 5 Pittsburgh beer for me last year. The Helles is great. I would love to be able to drink that all summer.
Do they have teh capacity to can anything regularly? Even if it's just their Gen Braddocks, I would love to be able to get that by the case and make it my goto beer year around. This all comes down to me having to move the family closer to Braddock. I believe I'll get a chance to stop in next weekend for some fillups, so I'm counting the days.

Kraftster

BEER

Postby Kraftster » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:17 pm

@shafnutz05

Do they have teh capacity to can anything regularly? Even if it's just their Gen Braddocks, I would love to be able to get that by the case and make it my goto beer year around. This all comes down to me having to move the family closer to Braddock. I believe I'll get a chance to stop in next weekend for some fillups, so I'm counting the days.
Don't think canning is going to happen anytime soon. Setting aside capacity, which I think is probably an issue, I get the sense that BG just doesn't want the hazebro crowd descending on them. The scene at Dancing Gnome for Saturday releases is kind of off-putting and downright miserable at times. I think they want to stay away from that. That said, DG has got to be raking in cash right now.

I recently suggested it would be a hilariously awesome troll move for Brew Gents to can their lagers only.

columbia

BEER

Postby columbia » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:19 pm

hazebro crowd
Can I get a clarification on that term?