BEER

meecrofilm

BEER

Postby meecrofilm » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:53 pm

Went to Columbus over the weekend, which meant I went to Wolf Ridge Brewing, which meant I got to pick up a 6-er to-go of this tastiness:

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:31 pm

Went to Columbus over the weekend, which meant I went to Wolf Ridge Brewing, which meant I got to pick up a 6-er to-go of this tastiness:

Indulge in any bodhi?

meecrofilm

BEER

Postby meecrofilm » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:09 pm

I was not aware of this and now feel bad for missing out, haha

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

BEER

Postby iamjs » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:09 pm

The only beer I know from Columbus is Elevator Brewing. If anybody is hitting up a game at Nationwide, it's within walking distance of the arena. If you are facing the front of the arena, I think three blocks to the right and two blocks down.

Quick google map check shows that Elevator and Wolf Ridge are maybe a few blocks apart: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Eleva ... 83.0020341

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:38 am

Iron heavies followed by Mangs are not pleasant the next morning. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

llipgh2

BEER

Postby llipgh2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:16 am

Picked up a 6 pack of this. I have to admit I do like it on a warm day. And since it will be warm this weekend...

iamjs

BEER

Postby iamjs » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:28 am

does anybody know of any local breweries near Bedford or Breezewood, preferable something with bottles or cans? Driving out that way this weekend and figured I'd grab a sixer of something to bring to our next beer exchange as something to drink/share prior to the actual exchange.

Doesn't have to be amazing, just drinkable to the point where somebody isn't gonna say "whoever brought this... don't ever bring it again."

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:35 am

There’s a new place that just opened in Bedford. Olde Bedford Brewery. I haven’t been, but my best friend from back home said it’s good stuff. I think they sell flip tops, but no bottles or cans that are sealed.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:46 pm

Platform Beer Co. in Cleveland has a series called "The Project". They make a new batch every so many months (might be every month, not sure) that focuses on one particular hop. They put in a bit of galena hops to bitter it, but then brew it like a typical American pale ale from the malt build and hop schedule after the bittering, but the hops post bittering are all a single hop type. It's kind of cool. You get to have a beer that tells you exactly what that one particular beer tastes like.

I just had their loral series. Loral are a new hop that after drinking this from Platform, I can imagine they'd be baller in a saison or a pilsner/kolsch. Had a nice peppery and lemon combo.

I still think Platform is one of the best breweries out there. If you get a chance to stop by while you're in Cleveland, I highly suggest doing so.

iamjs

BEER

Postby iamjs » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:32 am

There’s a new place that just opened in Bedford. Olde Bedford Brewery. I haven’t been, but my best friend from back home said it’s good stuff. I think they sell flip tops, but no bottles or cans that are sealed.
I stopped by and had two IPAs on Saturday: the flintlock and the collaboration one with the place in Altoona, the Avalanche. Both were decent and would drink again. If I get over that way again and remember to throw a growler in the car, I might fill one up with flintlock.

It's too bad the fliptops were $2/per plus the pour per bottle. Their stuff was good, but not $48 a sixer good.

llipgh2

BEER

Postby llipgh2 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Had some Great Lakes Cloud Cutter last weekend. Very good.

Does that brewery ever release a bad beer? I haven't had one yet.

Jim

BEER

Postby Jim » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:39 pm

Go buy all of the Blackout Stout that you can... and then give them to me because they suck and you won't like them...

count2infinity

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:50 pm

I stopped by and had two IPAs on Saturday: the flintlock and the collaboration one with the place in Altoona, the Avalanche. Both were decent and would drink again. If I get over that way again and remember to throw a growler in the car, I might fill one up with flintlock.

It's too bad the fliptops were $2/per plus the pour per bottle. Their stuff was good, but not $48 a sixer good.
Good to hear they are at least brewing decent beer. A small operation like that in a small town where there isn't a huge beer crowd could easily just make sh*t beer and survive for a while.

Also, Great Lakes is awesome. Blackout Stout is one of the best stouts I've ever had.

the wicked child

BEER

Postby the wicked child » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:56 pm

Great Lakes is decent, imo. But like Bells, a bit overrated. I can't say I've had a bad beer from them, but certainly plenty that didn't move the needle for me either.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

BEER

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Edmund Fitzgerald is the best Great Lakes

Lemon Berry Lobster

BEER

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Don't you dare bad talk Two Hearted.

Silentom

BEER

Postby Silentom » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Don't you dare bad talk Two Hearted.
My dad loves this beer.

Meh.

count2infinity

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:07 pm

He should. It's fantastic.

Silentom

BEER

Postby Silentom » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:08 pm

TBH, it's one of the few IPA's I don't hate.

the wicked child

BEER

Postby the wicked child » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:10 pm

There's nothing bad about Two-hearted per se, but I dunno. It just kind of exists for me. I've tried and re-tried it. Same with Oberon... I don't get it, but plenty of other beers for me.

I do like Hopslam a fair bit. Consecrator is a nice doppel as well.

GL, I'd say Chillwave is my favorite that I've tried.

Lemon Berry Lobster

BEER

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:11 pm

That explains a lot about Om, actually.

MR25

BEER

Postby MR25 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:31 pm

Two Hearted is OK if there's nothing better. It's not a top 10 beer like some places/people claim it is.

count2infinity

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:38 pm

I seriously question some of your palates...

iamjs

BEER

Postby iamjs » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:04 pm

Good to hear they are at least brewing decent beer. A small operation like that in a small town where there isn't a huge beer crowd could easily just make sh*t beer and survive for a while.

Also, Great Lakes is awesome. Blackout Stout is one of the best stouts I've ever had.
The one thing that caught me offguard about them is that they're in a little plaza next to a mountain bike store. When they posted pics of the brewery on their site, I figured that's where the store was also located.

http://oldebbc.com/about/

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Edmund Fitzgerald is the best Great Lakes
I agree. I also like their hop madness and do they still make alchemy hour or whatever the hell it's been renamed?