BEER

Silentom

BEER

Postby Silentom » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:11 pm

When did dodint start brewing beer?

slappybrown

BEER

Postby slappybrown » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:13 pm

This version of dodints Brew is no joke. The beer pays homage to Miles Davis, and consists of three parts imperial stout aged on oak and one part “native African honey beer” aged on Palo Santo. It’s 9% and it’s on the streets starting this weekend in six packs. Even better, it’s going to be available year round throughout 2018.
Tat's exciting. Who is the other Palo Santo Marron drinker here???
I think both @shmenguin and I have indicated our past enjoyment of Palo Santo Marron/its ability to change the course of your day in a hurry.

robbiestoupe

BEER

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:18 pm

I had (B)itches Brew a few years ago and remember liking it. Is this some new sorcery they are trying with the brew this year, or the same recipe as always?

shmenguin

BEER

Postby shmenguin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:17 pm

This version of dodints Brew is no joke. The beer pays homage to Miles Davis, and consists of three parts imperial stout aged on oak and one part “native African honey beer” aged on Palo Santo. It’s 9% and it’s on the streets starting this weekend in six packs. Even better, it’s going to be available year round throughout 2018.
I think both @shmenguin and I have indicated our past enjoyment of Palo Santo Marron/its ability to change the course of your day in a hurry.
Yes - it is a violent and enjoyable experience.

slappybrown

BEER

Postby slappybrown » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:20 pm

are you drinking these days or have you cut it out altogether

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

BEER

Postby iamjs » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:35 pm

That's exciting. Who is the other Palo Santo Marron drinker here???
I'll have one if I see it available. As slappy has pointed out, it has this amazing ability of changing the course of your day in a quick manner.

shmenguin

BEER

Postby shmenguin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm

are you drinking these days or have you cut it out altogether
one beer a month on average, but that will continue to trend down. just not as enjoyable anymore. more into cocktails now, but thats like once a week at most.

cut the crap slappy. you want my beer stash. when i am prepared to sell, you will be notified. still have a ton of 2014 bourbon county and world wide stout (some from 2010 still)

slappybrown

BEER

Postby slappybrown » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:04 pm

one beer a month on average, but that will continue to trend down. just not as enjoyable anymore. more into cocktails now, but thats like once a week at most.

cut the crap slappy. you want my beer stash. when i am prepared to sell, you will be notified. still have a ton of 2014 bourbon county and world wide stout (some from 2010 still)
shmenguin, the good take boy, has logged on

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:20 pm

@shmenguin ....can, can I be notified too? slappy, please don't come in and swing your big lawyer salary around. :lol:

I still have 3/4 120 IPAs left, and I am in no hurry to drink them. Looking forward to seeing how they age.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

BEER

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:40 pm

The Aldi brand Bacher which is a Becks or St. Pauli Girl knockoff is actually fairly good.

the wicked child

BEER

Postby the wicked child » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:09 pm

Had my first Nectar ofnthe season. Aww Yeah.

the wicked child

BEER

Postby the wicked child » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:08 pm

Victory Mighty Things was good. Dry hopped, citrus, pretty smooth for 8.3.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:19 pm

Nugget nectar is just as good this year as it always is. Probably one of my top 10 all time beers.

MrKennethTKangaroo

BEER

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:30 pm

Nugget nectar is just as good this year as it always is. Probably one of my top 10 all time beers.
Good takes

the wicked child

BEER

Postby the wicked child » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:39 pm

Anyone ever try any sours from Almanac? Was thinking about picking some up online and saw fairly decent ratings in BA (all over 4).

columbia

BEER

Postby columbia » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:25 pm

2. Brew Gentlemen III
City: Braddock, PA
ABV: 11%
The verdict: Perhaps the best thing about these blind tastings is the way they’ve raised our esteem for certain small breweries over the last three years. Braddock, Pennsylvania’s Brew Gentlemen was a place we’d never even heard of the first time they sent in beer, and now they’ve walked away with a truly ridiculous number of accolades, most recently making our #1 DIPA in a field of 176. But when the same brewery can make an equally awesome barrel-aged barleywine, that’s when you know they’ve got depth. This one is just pitched right down the middle: Rich and moderately sweet, replete with maple syrup, toffee and toasty malt, in perfect balance. The bourbon barrel character is a bit more on the subtle side compared to some of the others—as one score sheet says, “an example of nicely restrained barrel aging.” From another score sheet: “A blanket of warming caramel and booze.” It’s another slam dunk.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... d.html?p=2

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:57 pm

2. Brew Gentlemen III
City: Braddock, PA
ABV: 11%
The verdict: Perhaps the best thing about these blind tastings is the way they’ve raised our esteem for certain small breweries over the last three years. Braddock, Pennsylvania’s Brew Gentlemen was a place we’d never even heard of the first time they sent in beer, and now they’ve walked away with a truly ridiculous number of accolades, most recently making our #1 DIPA in a field of 176. But when the same brewery can make an equally awesome barrel-aged barleywine, that’s when you know they’ve got depth. This one is just pitched right down the middle: Rich and moderately sweet, replete with maple syrup, toffee and toasty malt, in perfect balance. The bourbon barrel character is a bit more on the subtle side compared to some of the others—as one score sheet says, “an example of nicely restrained barrel aging.” From another score sheet: “A blanket of warming caramel and booze.” It’s another slam dunk.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/ ... d.html?p=2
Nice! I have #4 Fremont 2000 sitting down cellar.

Kraftster

BEER

Postby Kraftster » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:18 am

Anyone ever try any sours from Almanac? Was thinking about picking some up online and saw fairly decent ratings in BA (all over 4).
I love the Almanac sours. I think they're underrated. The blackberry wasn't on par with the others I've had. Apricot and raspberry were really nice. The dry-hopped ones are pretty interesting.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Great Lakes isn’t bottling rye of the tiger this year. :(

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 pm

That's a shame. That was a solid beer the one or two times I've had it.

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:52 pm

That's a shame. That was a solid beer the one or two times I've had it.
On a positive note, I believe they are bottling holy moses year round again

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:27 pm

At the historic Waynebrook Inn in Honey Brook enjoying my first Nugget Nectar of the season. Lovely.

tifosi77

BEER

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:22 pm

How in the world did it take me this long to find Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA.

the wicked child

BEER

Postby the wicked child » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:10 am

I love the Almanac sours. I think they're underrated. The blackberry wasn't on par with the others I've had. Apricot and raspberry were really nice. The dry-hopped ones are pretty interesting.
Delayed response, but thanks. I went back and forth on whether to pull the trigger since I still have a bunch of beer in the cellar, but ultimately decided to pick em up. I'll be sure to let ya know what I think once I try them.

the wicked child

BEER

Postby the wicked child » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:59 am

@Kraftster

Haven't tried anything yet, but my Almanac haul arrived yesterday.

Farmer's Reserve Blueberry
Farmer's Reserve Strawberry
Farmer's Reserve Citrus
Farmer's Reserve Grand Cru
Apricot de Brettaville
Peach de Brettaville