BEER

Morkle

BEER

Postby Morkle » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:56 am

I've had Ballast Point out in CA for work. I dig it.

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:38 pm

I get GL every year as it's always good and it's consistent year to year. I also always get Sierra Nevada as it too is always good, but changes year to year. This year's is quite good, as expected.
Man, I think it's been three years since I've had GL Oktoberfest. Time to change that.

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:56 pm

I get GL every year as it's always good and it's consistent year to year. I also always get Sierra Nevada as it too is always good, but changes year to year. This year's is quite good, as expected.
Man, I think it's been three years since I've had GL Oktoberfest. Time to change that.
Nice to see it in cans this year. It's so good. Picked up a case of this and Brooklyn's Octoberfest for when the weather cools.

MR25

BEER

Postby MR25 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:30 am

Found a bar last night I didn't even know existed - Standard Pour House, across the street from famed 5AF hangout August Henry's.

They have the self-serve taps on the side, which was really neat.

I had the Kentucky Vanilla Barrel Cream Ale, and my god is that delicious.

meecrofilm

BEER

Postby meecrofilm » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:17 pm

Found a bar last night I didn't even know existed - Standard Pour House, across the street from famed 5AF hangout August Henry's.

I wonder if they finally manage to succeed in that space where so many others have failed.

Unrelated, apparently Green Flash west coast ipa is back in bars, and also at a bunch of distributors around the area, so that's nice.

MrKennethTKangaroo

BEER

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:23 pm

I wonder how many people specifically would not drink/eat there because it is attached to a hotel

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:11 pm

We stopped at Bald Birds Brewing in Jersey Shore. Great place. Very good beer.

genoscoif

BEER

Postby genoscoif » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:17 pm

Not a huge fan of the pumpkin craze this time of year, but man are pumpkin stouts in my wheelhouse. Have a few Warlocks left, and just picked up these bad boys. Couple sips in and it is delicious.

robbiestoupe

BEER

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:06 pm

Hmm, pumpkin beers aren’t my thing either, but I’ll try just about any stout

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:51 pm

New trail’s “zombies drink milkshakes too” is a really good “pumpkin” beer. Tastes a bit like pumpkin ice cream. If you see it, give it a try.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

BEER

Postby iamjs » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:49 am

I saw that on tap at a place that I was at on Saturday. Had no idea what it was since the place didn't have any sort of designation beside it.

Then again, they had Southern Tier as being from "Parksburg, PA", so they might not have known either.

shafnutz05

BEER

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:24 pm

I saw that on tap at a place that I was at on Saturday. Had no idea what it was since the place didn't have any sort of designation beside it.

Then again, they had Southern Tier as being from "Parksburg, PA", so they might not have known either.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be "Parkesburg", PA, sir. Southern Tier and Victory have a partnership now; Victory has a massive distribution plant they built about six years ago on the border of Chester and Lancaster Counties. It's about 10 minutes from my house, it's one of our favorite dinner spots and easily the best place to watch beer being made, IMO. Interesting they listed it as being from Parkesburg, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was brewed there.

When we go to the brewpub, they have a whole Southern Tier liquor section for sale.

iamjs
Location: "Hey, who needs hockey? Didn't the Steelers just win the Super Bowl?"

BEER

Postby iamjs » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:52 pm

oh yeah, I forgot about the pairing up with Victory. I knew they had some stuff on tap at the Pittsburgh location, but didn't think their location was officially Parkesburg. If anything, I would have assumed Lakewood, NY.

RonnieFranchise

BEER

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:44 pm

Stopped at this place out in Lewistown on my way back from taking my kid back to PSU on Sunday. Got a 4 pack each of the Jaybird Hazy IPA and the Flirtationship Brut IPA. Real good stuff but expensive- $18-$20 a 4-pack. To be fair you know it’s fresh- the bartender canned the Brut while I was standing there.

https://www.shybearbrewing.com/

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:43 am

Yup. The place itself is great. Food is good too. I agree with being a little pricy. You can get similar stuff from other local places at better prices.

They were doing delivery of beer back when things were locked down. We placed a few orders just trying to get them some business. They also used to have a saison series that was really good, but I don’t think they’re still doing that.

MrKennethTKangaroo

BEER

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:36 am

Stopped at this place out in Lewistown on my way back from taking my kid back to PSU on Sunday. Got a 4 pack each of the Jaybird Hazy IPA and the Flirtationship Brut IPA. Real good stuff but expensive- $18-$20 a 4-pack. To be fair you know it’s fresh- the bartender canned the Brut while I was standing there.

https://www.shybearbrewing.com/
I ate/drank there during a camping trip to Reed's Gap SP. not a bad spot at all. I do agree that $18 to $20 is a bit much

MR25

BEER

Postby MR25 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:37 am

Speaking of, cannot remember the last time I saw a Saison on tap anywhere.

count2infinity

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:41 am

It's disappointing as it's my favorite style... I've found myself looking for saisons, then I move to the lowest ABV hoppy beer I can find, if there's nothing under 5%, I just close my eyes and point because they're all hazy IPAs that all taste the same anyways.

RonnieFranchise

BEER

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:46 am

I'm not a huge fan of the haze craze. Give me a nice bitter hoppy pale ale or IPA. Save the fruit for a nice sour.

RonnieFranchise

BEER

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:47 am

I wonder if they finally manage to succeed in that space where so many others have failed.

Unrelated, apparently Green Flash west coast ipa is back in bars, and also at a bunch of distributors around the area, so that's nice.
Missed this the first time, but the Green Flash is one of the best IPAs in my opinion.

eddy

BEER

Postby eddy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:55 am

It's disappointing as it's my favorite style... I've found myself looking for saisons, then I move to the lowest ABV hoppy beer I can find, if there's nothing under 5%, I just close my eyes and point because they're all hazy IPAs that all taste the same anyways.
I used to get goose island sofie every year as a nice treat because it was not easy finding saisons in the past, now I can't even get that. It's very disappointing as it's one of my favorite styles as well.

robbiestoupe

BEER

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:22 am

Where are you located? Strange Roots in Gibsonia always has a fleet of saisons on tap. Although, maybe I'm using the term saison loosely.

MR25

BEER

Postby MR25 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:34 am

I haven't been to either Strange Roots locations since shortly after they switched the name over.

robbiestoupe

BEER

Postby robbiestoupe » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:41 am

It's one of my favorite beer styles as well; any sour, Belgians, stouts in no particular order. Depends on the season/my mood.

Strange Roots is nice because it's 5 minutes from my house but also scratches that sour itch. Their only downfall is they aren't a mass distributor of any particular beer. They are always changing what's on tap, so you're always getting something different when you go.

count2infinity

BEER

Postby count2infinity » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 am

Yeah... Sofie, Hennepin, and Tank 7 were three that used to be easily available. Not so much anymore.

Things go in cycles. Hopefully saisons come back around.