Steelers @ Bungles - Week 12

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:37 pm

Seems weird to blame two WRs (reading between the lines, I can figure out who) when you also freely admit the QB **** sucks.

If the QB can't throw more than 10 yards or hit spots anymore, how is that the receivers' faults?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:40 am

Seems weird to blame two WRs (reading between the lines, I can figure out who) when you also freely admit the QB **** sucks.

If the QB can't throw more than 10 yards or hit spots anymore, how is that the receivers' faults?
I brought up the WRs to illustrate the point that Tomlin has no control over the locker room.

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:01 am

It’s been a country club atmosphere for years, and if you think that has anything to do with the receivers, and not no-work Wednesday qb, you might want to rethink your stance.

Broeth has effectively been done for a while. Letting him do multiple Swan songs has set back the rebuild/retooling. But this year was basically a rebuild (whole new ol) anyways, they just are paying a ton of money for broeth to be the qb.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:08 am

I bet Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers practice all week.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:26 am

It’s been a country club atmosphere for years, and if you think that has anything to do with the receivers, and not no-work Wednesday qb, you might want to rethink your stance.

Broeth has effectively been done for a while. Letting him do multiple Swan songs has set back the rebuild/retooling. But this year was basically a rebuild (whole new ol) anyways, they just are paying a ton of money for broeth to be the qb.
Still need more solid OL/DL, another MLB, corner, QB, and another TE.

They're gonna need to hit homeruns in the draft across the board - or maybe change their game and start cutting dinosaurs. Ben shouldn't be back after this year, no matter what. IMO, they "owed" him a year, and this is it. If he doesn't retire, it's on him and he can go somewhere else.

I think what's interesting, is I agree that Tomlin's player friendly approach has probably lost the room already, and it's been trending that way for awhile. Claypool is just the guy to verbalize this freely. I think more than ever now, if they're going into a rebuild, they're going to need a structure oriented coach / GM group (assuming Colbert walks away).

Troy Loney

Postby Troy Loney » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:32 am

They're gonna need to hit homeruns in the draft across the board - or maybe change their game and start cutting dinosaurs. Ben shouldn't be back after this year, no matter what. IMO, they "owed" him a year, and this is it. If he doesn't retire, it's on him and he can go somewhere else.

I think what's interesting, is I agree that Tomlin's player friendly approach has probably lost the room already, and it's been trending that way for awhile. Claypool is just the guy to verbalize this freely. I think more than ever now, if they're going into a rebuild, they're going to need a structure oriented coach / GM group (assuming Colbert walks away).
WR gonna WR.

I don't think you can do a structured thing without the QB on board. So, I just think the culture thing can't change until Roethlisberger is gone. Not trying to blame this on Roethlisberger, his methods worked for a long time. Just seeing the product of that being pinned on Tomlin is wrong.

They probably need to think about some unthinkable things too right now....like trading Watt.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:49 am

Did you guys know the Steelers have only had 3 coaches over the last 52 years?! Don’t worry, the Steelers and CBS/NBC/FOX/ESPN will remind you about it constantly if you didn’t know. There’s a huge amount of pride there. Replacing Tomlin to them means looking at the next decade or two or three of football, not just moving on to the best guy for a rebuild. Tomlin ain’t going anywhere.

Morkle

Postby Morkle » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:42 pm

WR gonna WR.

I don't think you can do a structured thing without the QB on board. So, I just think the culture thing can't change until Roethlisberger is gone. Not trying to blame this on Roethlisberger, his methods worked for a long time. Just seeing the product of that being pinned on Tomlin is wrong.

They probably need to think about some unthinkable things too right now....like trading Watt.
My entire thought is that Ben is gone. I would flip everyone over the second he retired.