You know what really grinds my gears...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:29 pm

It might not apply to you guys since you're complaining about it, but there is evidence from years of these delivery services that shows the driver's tip amount goes up if there's a direct interaction with the customer, even if it's just "Howdy, have a good night".

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:31 pm

It might not apply to you guys since you're complaining about it, but there is evidence from years of these delivery services that shows the driver's tip amount goes up if there's a direct interaction with the customer, even if it's just "Howdy, have a good night".
I actually docked the last guy 2 stars on his rating because he made me go to the door and wasn't wearing a mask. I felt like a major prick doing it, but it really annoyed me. I kept his tip the same though.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:42 pm

I've had about 50/50 luck with people from DD respecting the leave at the door thing. Thankfully all but one of the knockers was wearing a mask.

I'm on a streak of the last 3 leaving at the door after a long cold streak.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:52 pm

I’ve never had an issue with DD leaving my food at the door. I don’t get the tip/interaction thing, either, since you enter the tip when you place the order, so they’ve already got their money.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Also, is the instruction "leave at door" or "leave at door; do not knock/ring"?

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:43 pm

Leave food at door is the instructions. I don't care if they knock/ring really just if you do leave the food don't wait for me to answer.

Usually if they do leave the food like I tell them they will send a text through Door Dash with a picture of where they left the food etc. That's what I expect.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:16 pm

Leave food at door is the instructions. I don't care if they knock/ring really just if you do leave the food don't wait for me to answer.

Usually if they do leave the food like I tell them they will send a text through Door Dash with a picture of where they left the food etc. That's what I expect.
This.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:26 pm

Mattress Firm. Bought a new mattress, and was repeatedly told that if we had issues before the 120 days, come in and exchange it, real simple and that’s it.

A little over one month later, we realize that this isn’t the mattress for us. Go in and find out that not only is there a 10% restocking fee, but they want me to pay for delivery, too. I was already annoyed with the initial delivery charge, assuming they were like the others who had free shipping. Wound up waiting for the sales guy to get approval to waive the fee, because I was ready to pay the 20% restocking fee to outright return it just to spite them.

My fault, as well, for not asking about any fees, but I’ll never go there again.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:29 pm

You are always looking for a fight as a consumer. :lol: I need to send you my card.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:12 pm

God forbid ntp has to ship this mattress via fedex

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:09 am

You are always looking for a fight as a consumer. :lol: I need to send you my card.
"Do you really want to talk to my lawyer? He's trying to make a name for himself and he's a BMW guy."

In any event, the new mattress just arrived. If this one doesn't work out, we're SOL.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:37 am

Don’t forget the DeLorean.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:46 am

If I knew how this year was ultimately going to turn out I would have kept the DMC. I sold it before we decided to move. And now that I am effectively working two jobs I lost most of my interest in racing, which means I would have had time to drive it again. I don't regret selling it, but with hindsight, I might have done better this year with car stuff.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:25 pm

I just spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with Delta Dental trying to figure out why my dentist thinks I owe them money, and they can't see where it's coming from, either. My dentist botched the initial claim, and has since processed 3 different versions of the claim (with corrected info), but still want me to pay that balance.

Nope. I just asked them for all of the info they have on this, including statements from Delta if that's where it's coming from, because nobody has any **** idea what they're talking about. Nobody should have to spend this long on the phone as a middle man for the **** dentist.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:09 am

Does anyone else have an obnoxious sister in law? Mine is arguably the most narcissistic, miserable, and manipulative person I've ever met. She lives 45 minutes away and has never made any real effort to connect and bond with her niece and nephew. She will always play the victim and make it out to be my wife that is mean to her. She manipulates my wife's parents (who I absolutely love), who I'm convinced are a little afraid of her.

My wife is the most generous, giving, and thoughtful person I've ever met and her sister could not be more her polar opposite. Her shenanigans this year (not coming to spend Christmas with the family and especially the kids) I think were the last straw. And no, it wasn't because of covid.

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:34 am

That’s basically my situation too. They are both teachers and have summers off so mrs meow and our kids go to her house for a week then my SIL and her two kids come to ours for a week. Mrs meow takes care with all four and my SIL treats it like a vacation for her. It’s really sad from my per, but mrs meow can be a softy and wants all the kids to have good relationships so she soldiers on with it. Even the family beach trip every year is mrs meow and I taking care of all four kids. This is probably the hardest it’ll be with their ages being 6, 4, 3, and 1.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:36 am

Source of the post Even the family beach trip every year
We used to go with my family on their annual Hilton Head trip, along with my sisters and their families, but only do it once every 2-4 years now. We very much prefer that, since my sisters can be a handful.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:43 am

Two of my s-in-law are cool, one is in and out of jail and drugs all the time so that's a different thing.

My bro-in-laws are all cool and we are good buds.

I probably talk to them more than my sisters.

King Colby

Postby King Colby » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:45 am

Mine has 4 kids from 4-10 and my 3 year old is the most mature one of the group. They both spend the entire time on their phone and yell stuff out at their kids that they ignore so its usually me and my wife watching all 6 kids when we're with them. They don't listen to ANYTHING and I always catch my 3 yr old telling them the stuff we said like "don't go upstairs".

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:52 am

We have friends like that. In the before times we'd have a party at the house and my wife would end up babysitting their kids the whole time while the parents went downstairs to drink. My wife is too nice of a host to force the issue. I ended up cutting them off the invite list for the last one we had, which ended up being in February right before the lockdown. Haven't seen them since. Darn.

PFiDC

Postby PFiDC » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:18 am

One of my brothers should have changed his last name when he got married. Yes, I have a sister in law that **** sucks. My son can name 2/3 of his uncles. The third one takes some thinking. He definitely can't tell me the names of his kids. It's a shame.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:26 am

I was talking to my wife over the weekend... I'm one of six, grew up not necessarily super poor but my parents were never really comfortable, in a pretty poor area of Pennsylvania. You'd think based on the odds, one of the six of us would have wound up white trash or drug problems or in jail or something. I guess props to my parents for raising six reasonably decent kids.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:33 pm

I was talking to my wife over the weekend... I'm one of six, grew up not necessarily super poor but my parents were never really comfortable, in a pretty poor area of Pennsylvania. You'd think based on the odds, one of the six of us would have wound up white trash or drug problems or in jail or something. I guess props to my parents for raising six reasonably decent kids.
:thumb:

I think about that often. I was raised by a single mom in Altoona; much different situation as it was just my younger sister than I, but grateful that we did not go the way of some of the families in that town.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:43 pm

Delta admitted that they screwed up the claim, so I no longer owe money to the dentist. I **** hate insurance companies.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:26 am

It’s 6:25am and somebody is still setting off fireworks. I’ve never been more ready to murder someone.