You know what really grinds my gears...

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:40 pm

all of my USPS packages are late this past week. none are time sensitive so whatever.
ironically though, all my Fedex packages have been on time or early. :scared:

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:52 pm

Two-fold.

Hulu thinks I'm in Georgia and fills ad breaks with Senate ads.

The Heisman House ad with Kyler Murray and Tim Tebow is awful, and not because of Tebow.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:08 pm

Had a package shipped from California to Pittsburgh via UPS. They transferred it to USPS, it then got routed to Ohio. I live in Murrysville, no wonder shipping takes forever.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sat Dec 19, 2020 9:17 pm

Mrs. Franchise wanted to go to the Wheeling Festival of Lights at Oglebay.

We got off 70 at 6:15. It is now 9:15 and we appear to be about 1/3 of the way between the highway and the park.

It closes at midnight. The only thing that’s gonna make me more annoyed right now is if we don’t get in.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:47 pm

all of my USPS packages are late this past week. none are time sensitive so whatever.
@mac5155

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:23 pm

@mac5155
We are working on making them be on time and not early :lol:

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:54 pm

My wife ordered personalized mugs for my brother and his wife from Etsy in early December. We hadn't heard anything since the confirmation email, so she logged in to check and the seller is gone. Etsy support says we have to wait until the end of the week to get a refund, to give the seller a chance to communicate with us.

Uh, they're gone. Pretty smart move as far as scams go, tbh. Create an account and connect a new PayPal account to it. Do some data scrapes on popular searches in Etsy, and make product listings using stolen pictures. Take enough orders to be worth the scammers' while, but not enough to raise alarms at Etsy. Close the Etsy account, transfer the money and close PayPal, and Etsy will refund the customers money. Nearly perfect scam, as long as the amounts are trivial enough not to draw legal action.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:56 pm

Nearly perfect scam, as long as the amounts are trivial enough not to draw legal action.
It sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this...

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:57 pm

I had a FedEx at home package scheduled to be delivered yesterday and it was not. It's now showing pending with no delivery date. I'm assuming it will show up Monday or Tuesday. @mac5155

I also have a usps package that was shipped on dec 8th that was supposed to be delivered Wednesday and it wasn't and has had no updates since Dec 11th. I opened a case with USPS and they closed it within 2 hours and sent me a form email response with no actual explanation.

Neither package is critical but still annoying.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:20 pm

Re UPS shipping

This happened to me over the summer. I ordered a pair of Raycon earbuds in June and they weren't delivered until August. Small packages (under 5 lbs) are handled by a 3rd party vendor in a program called 'Innovations'. The parcels are batched into a pallet going to like addresses and one tracking number is assigned to the whole pallet. When they set it up, it shows as 'Accepted' by the UPS system, but the Postal Service may not have actual physical possession of the pallet for weeks after that designation. It's completely stupid and misleading to consumers.
Last edited by tifosi77 on Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Yeah the innovations nonsense is my issue. Went from Pittsburgh out to a center near Columbus, 3 hours west, instead of to Murrysville, 20 minutes east. Been sitting there since the 17th. -_-

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:36 pm

I had a FedEx at home package scheduled to be delivered yesterday and it was not. It's now showing pending with no delivery date. I'm assuming it will show up Monday or Tuesday. @mac5@mac5155

I also have a usps package that was shipped on dec 8th that was supposed to be delivered Wednesday and it wasn't and has had no updates since Dec 11th. I opened a case with USPS and they closed it within 2 hours and sent me a form email response with no actual explanation.

If you want to pm me the tracking number I can look at it and give you an idea if it will actually show up or not. :lol:

Were about a day behind everywhere on the east coast thanks to this storm. I'd say that they will be caught up by tomorrow. Sometimes what happens is Saturday volume is shipped as Ground (commercial) and is too big for the smaller trucks that typically do heavy residential

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:46 pm

I had a FedEx at home package scheduled to be delivered yesterday and it was not. It's now showing pending with no delivery date. I'm assuming it will show up Monday or Tuesday. @mac5@mac5155

If you want to pm me the tracking number I can look at it and give you an idea if it will actually show up or not. :lol:

Were about a day behind everywhere on the east coast thanks to this storm. I'd say that they will be caught up by tomorrow. Sometimes what happens is Saturday volume is shipped as Ground (commercial) and is too big for the smaller trucks that typically do heavy residential
You are magic..fed ex literally just showed up now and delivered what I was supposed to get yesterday lol. :lol:

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:23 pm

UPS Ground is doing residential deliveries on Saturdays this month, for no additional charge. I don’t think I’ve seen that before.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:26 pm

I received a package from FedEx this morning. Wasn't supposed to be delivered until tomorrow so I don't know what was up with that.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:09 pm

Just got two packages delivered 30 minutes ago. Amazon and Target.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:12 pm

Amazon uses their own delivery driver's around here. I ordered something from them this morning and it will be here Tuesday and I have no worries.

I have 3 Postal service packages in various statesbin the system that I'm curious what will happen with them this week. They all should get here by Christmas but I'll be surprised.

mac5155

Postby mac5155 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:49 pm

Fedex ground does residential delivery 7 days a week since right before the pandemic. It was literally perfect timing. We always did resi on Saturdays but moved to 7 day last peak season.

Often times it depends what your shipper selects as the type of address. If they don't specifically say it's a residence the EDD (Estimated delivery date) is M-F. But if you're residential it could come early.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:11 pm

Snuff and spit in the parking lot of convenience stores. 🤮

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:29 pm

The Steelers play calling

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:21 am

The Steelers.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:24 pm

If you say "score the basketball" you should lose your announcing privileges.

There's not a way to score in the game that does not involve the basketball.

Maybe they should use a variety of balls you have the option to score in basketball. Half a point for a golf ball up to a 10 spot for heaving a yoga ball from half court. OMG five points he scored the football! How'd that get in here?

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:50 pm

When I put in door dash leave at the front door and the dasher rings the ring doorbell and stands there and waits for me to answer.

Even with no pandemic our dogs go nuts when someone comes to the door. I put leave it at the door for a reason. If you want to ring then walk away fine but don't stand there and wait.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:55 pm

When I put in door dash leave at the front door and the dasher rings the ring doorbell and stands there and waits for me to answer.

Even with no pandemic our dogs go nuts when someone comes to the door. I put leave it at the door for a reason. If you want to ring then walk away fine but don't stand there and wait.
got a better one for you. ordered Japanese via Door Dash (or whomever) a few weeks ago and specified "leave at door". when the driver drops it off I'm on the couch using my laptop in full view of the screen door. I motion for the driver to leave the food on the front porch and she OPENS THE DOOR AND SETS IT ON THE BENCH IN MY ENTRYWAY. :scared: :scared: :scared:

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Doordash just became available here (and only 4 chain restaurants) but I can feel your pain. I've ordered via them 3 times and each time they've knocked and waited even though I specify leave at the door. wtf?