You know what really grinds my gears...

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:56 am

TIL there's no minimum age to hunt in PA now

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:29 am

Old enough to breathe, old enough to hunt.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:06 am

Old enough to breathe, old enough to hunt.
:lol:

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:32 am

My son's friends have been hunting down here for 2-3 years, at least. They are 9/10 years old. Duck, dove, deer, whatever.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:35 am

I've never hunted, so maybe I'm off in my thinking. I just can't imagine a 6 year old has the correct combination of strength, hand eye coordination, and patience to shoot and kill a deer.

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Postby Spangler » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:24 am

When I was in Kindergarten, I had friends who hunted, so it's not too surprising to me.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:13 pm

I've never hunted, so maybe I'm off in my thinking. I just can't imagine a 6 year old has the correct combination of strength, hand eye coordination, and patience to shoot and kill a deer.
Honestly, the father was probably standing right behind her and helping to steady her aim. She probably pulled the trigger. If kids are brought up to respect and use firearms that's not that crazy.

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:16 pm

Get back to me when she hits two more. #sharpshooter

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:39 pm

I restored my iPhone backup to my new phone, but what wasn't included in that are the books I had on my old device. That old phone is now wiped, and I have no idea which books I had in there that I have yet to read. God damnit, Apple.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:56 pm

I hold my kids arms, etc... when I am teaching them to shoot.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:59 pm

I asked someone to prove payment for a couple expenses whose receipts showed someone else's name and no discernable method of payment.

They took a picture of their own debit card, whited out all but the last four digits, and attached that to the report.

It's really hard for me to wrap my head around that thought process. It does not help me or answer my question whatsoever.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:29 pm

PA turnpike tolls are a g-d disgrace. $5.70 cash to go from pgh to Donegal.

back in the day (2007-2009), it cost $30 roundtrip to get from pgh to Norristown. it is now $54 round trip, with ez pass and $76 without ez pass.

that is outrageous and confiscatory.
I flew to Philly this week. Eff that road, not just for the tolls but safety especially in possible winter conditions. Had a group of co workers get rear ended coming out of a tunnel into a whiteout a few years back. By the grace of god nobody was sitting in the rear driver side seat- they’d have at least been severely injured. Friend of an acquaintance and his fiancee were killed out there earlier this month.

To get to Baltimore/DC I go 79 to Morgantown and across 68. Maybe an hour more round trip but what, $60-70 cheaper RT and infinitely safer road.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:17 am

Source of the post To get to Baltimore/DC I go 79 to Morgantown and across 68. Maybe an hour more round trip but what, $60-70 cheaper RT and infinitely safer road.
I used to take this all the time when living in St. Mary's County, Maryland, except I'd take 51 down to 40 then onto 68.

However, I've seen some horrific crashes on 68 due to the fog. One time there was a ~100 car accident and a 4 hour reroute due to zero visibility. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/05/23/ ... index.html

One thing I will say nicely about the turnpike. When it's snowing or icy, they have salt/plow trucks in spades waiting to treat the roads.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:28 am

I-68 can be God-awful in inclement weather.

I actually agree that the Turnpike tends to be treated very quickly, but obviously sometimes it's just too bad out. Some of the worst driving conditions I've ever seen were during trips out to Pittsburgh. Without fail, it always starts just west of Bedford, and continues the whole way until Irwin. Driving through the tunnels is actually a wonderful, brief solace from the horrendous conditions outside.

Viva la Ben

Postby Viva la Ben » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:37 am

I-80 is worse than the PA turnpike, just on wed I passed a few jackknifed wrecks that were still awaiting removal. I’ve never seen more wrecks left on the median or side than I-80.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:48 am

I-80 is worse than the PA turnpike, just on wed I passed a few jackknifed wrecks that were still awaiting removal. I’ve never seen more wrecks left on the median or side than I-80.
Interstate 80 is a disaster during the winter. You get those snow squalls blowing down off of Lake Erie and it is almost a guaranteed 50 car pileup. 80 is terrible with the truck traffic too.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:36 am

I (female) had a male friend from college who at one point was one of my best friends. To make a very long story short, we had a falling out many years ago, thanks to his shrew of a wife who treated me like an a-hole about something and he sided with her, even though she was clearly in the wrong. We probably went at least 10-15 years without speaking until he found me on FB, apologized, and we slowly became (online) friends again. I still would not pee on his wife were she to be ablaze.

I have a side business. He contacted me about it one year as they were having some difficulty. I felt bad as they have several children and not a lot of money, so I performed a service pro bono in the interest of friendship - and for his benefit only. She did send a note of thanks, which I thought was nice, and filed away.

Now - she contacts me freely to ask advice about certain situations and gather information. This absolutely galls me to NO END. First of effing all, I'm not your lackey. Second of all, my knowledge costs money. And third of all b****, to act like nothing ever happened and I'm just here to help YOU out....I want to put my fist through a wall.

But I feel like I can't say anything without somehow managing to be the bad guy AGAIN when it's HER.

I hate people.

mikey

Postby mikey » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:39 am

Relay to her to subject matter expert, Stan.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:41 am

Solution. Put her in your current office building and light it on fire.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:42 am

Source of the post Interstate 80 is a disaster during the winter. You get those snow squalls blowing down off of Lake Erie and it is almost a guaranteed 50 car pileup. 80 is terrible with the truck traffic too.
I once drove home from Chicago during a winter storm. I-90/80 was a snow squall the entire way.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:25 am

People who give their kids asinine effing names then are aggrieved about it.

https://abc7.com/travel/oc-southwest-ga ... e/4784236/

Granted the agent should be disciplined but kid, it's gonna be this way your whole life. Thank your Mom.

Recommend starting to go by your middle name (assuming it's noy VWXYZ).

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:33 am

Granted the agent should be disciplined but kid, it's gonna be this way your whole life. Thank your Mom.

I’d make fun of the parents for being morons.

Also I wish that the people writing down the names on the birth certificate could be like “guess again” when presented with dumbass names.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:52 pm

I interpret the board-pass post as making fun of the parents. That five-year-old girl didn't pick her own name; her moronic mother did.

Lady, pointing out that your child has a stupid name isn't "mocking your daughter." It's mocking you.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:32 pm

I’d make fun of the parents for being morons.

Also I wish that the people writing down the names on the birth certificate could be like “guess again” when presented with dumbass names.
If it's good enough for Germany...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:13 pm

I am all for names being approved by the gubmint #biggovernment