You know what really grinds my gears...

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Getting Amber alerts from hundreds of miles away on every device in the house.

I mean- I’m sorry some kid got abducted but I’m nowhere near Binghamton.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:00 pm

Ghetto stuff my neighbor does:

-parking on the front lawn

-replaced rotting garage walls (good), put tyvek home wrap on and didn’t side it so it just has the wrap with Lowe’s logos all over it for going on a year now.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:58 am

"If you've ever mowed your lawn and found a car........."

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:45 pm

Forgot to mention this when it happened, but a few days ago I took the doggo out for her nighttime poo and I'm 95% certain we had a nutria in our backyard.
Saw it scurrying along the fence. Woohoo.

dodint

Postby dodint » Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:53 pm

We had them in NC. Back in ye olde times, they were well sought after for their pelts.

One of our favorite reminiscences from about fifteen years ago is that some friends of ours convinced my wife that their guinea pig was a baby nutria. It's a running joke in our group, still.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:33 pm

They're an invasive species here; so far they've only been positively ID'd in a few counties in the central valley region, but we do live within a couple hundred meters of river wash/basins.

I don't want to be Patient Zero for these things in SoCal. lol

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:25 pm

Idk wtf happened or is going on, but today I've been having issues with a bunch of apps on my phone just closing repeatedly.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Idk wtf happened or is going on, but today I've been having issues with a bunch of apps on my phone just closing repeatedly.
Same here. Android?

My Handcent sms app just flat out won't launch. Window opens, holds on an all white screen for about 1 second, then shuts right back down.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:12 pm

I learned today that the apple watch podcast app is the worst app I've ever used

I got a non-cellular (wifi only) watch in January to help track running. Dealing with podcasts was ok at first but a little confusing. Now I don't see a single podcast downloaded on my watch, I cannot get it to sync with my phone and every resource online says that I should just buy a third party app

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:41 pm

Same here. Android?

My Handcent sms app just flat out won't launch. Window opens, holds on an all white screen for about 1 second, then shuts right back down.
Yes. a bunch of apps start and then immediately close.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:00 pm

@tifosi77

Apparently this is an issue with the latest version of Android System Webview. Google is working on a fix. Uninstalling the updates to it fixes it in the meantime.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:54 pm

Okay, that's good to know a fix in the works. The only app I've had this issue with is Handcent, so I'll probably just switch to the default Android messaging app in the meantime.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Okay, that's good to know a fix in the works. The only app I've had this issue with is Handcent, so I'll probably just switch to the default Android messaging app in the meantime.
Fix is out. Need to update Android System Webview and Chrome.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:53 pm

The humanoid creatures, without discrimination for age or fitness, who waddle their asses into the grocery/department store, grab a cart, and immediately slump their bag of milk torsos onto the handle of their chosen chariot, refusing to engage their spine or core muscles at any point in their pathetic daily existence, relying on the shoddy spot welds of the well worn receptacle of materialism to bear the full brunt of their mass while sluggish inertia methodically drags their atrophied lower half one shuffled step after another through an aimless existence that is apparently required by law to take place only in the middle of the god damn aisle.

Stand the **** up, move your ass, and get the **** out of my way you Quasimodo’d ****.

Lemon Berry Lobster

Postby Lemon Berry Lobster » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:55 pm

Oh my **** DD rants never let me down. Top 5 funniest thing I've ever read.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:47 pm

I find it more annoying when people step into the store, and then immediately drop anchor and peruse the coupons while obstructing the doorway.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:48 pm

I always said that about USMC Officers. They train them at TBS to find the narrowest space with the highest amount of traffic, then stand in it while doing nothing.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:35 pm

...all whilst wearing Crocs and pajama bottoms. :lol:

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:37 am

The humanoid creatures, without discrimination for age or fitness, who waddle their asses into the grocery/department store, grab a cart, and immediately slump their bag of milk torsos onto the handle of their chosen chariot, refusing to engage their spine or core muscles at any point in their pathetic daily existence, relying on the shoddy spot welds of the well worn receptacle of materialism to bear the full brunt of their mass while sluggish inertia methodically drags their atrophied lower half one shuffled step after another through an aimless existence that is apparently required by law to take place only in the middle of the god damn aisle.

Stand the **** up, move your ass, and get the **** out of my way you Quasimodo’d ****.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:54 pm

When someone feels the need to send 8 emails about something that I already got multiple emails from when you assigned the ticket to me and tagged me in the description.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:35 am

Regarding vacation rentals, I understand that most people want to negotiate a little bit. I do it myself if I'm renting from somebody. However, offering less than half of the rental listing price? GTFO with that ****. You cannot possibly be serious.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:17 am

Maybe it's because I run a business and know what it's like, but I never try to negotiate prices.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:28 am

Maybe it's because I run a business and know what it's like, but I never try to negotiate prices.
For your type of business, absolutely. I'm talking about a vacation condo rental, though. It's pretty common, IMO, but never to this degree.

dodint

Postby dodint » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:35 am

I would not negotiate something like that. It saves us both the hassle, but also means I walk away from your rental if you have priced it too high because you have added a negotiation buffer. Taken in the whole you're setting yourself up for the annoyance of haggling just to end up at the same price people like me would have just paid for quietly.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:44 am

For your type of business, absolutely. I'm talking about a vacation condo rental, though. It's pretty common, IMO, but never to this degree.
I'm surprised it's common. I used to travel a good bit and never once asked to negotiate a lower price.