You know what really grinds my gears...

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:38 pm

God is...grains and breads...?
I grew up catholic. God was a cracker and wine.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:52 pm

That's racist

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:02 pm

Still go to a church?

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:10 pm

They are call Jes-its

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Still go to a church?
Lol. No.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:26 pm

I play in a sand volleyball league. 9 weeks and then playoffs. This week is the playoffs

The teams can only have 2 guys on the court max at a time (four player teams so you usually run 2 girls too). It’s kind of hard to recruit girls so we only have two on our team

One of the girls messages the team yesterday that she has a friend in town and can’t come. Not that we’re super serious about it (it’s mostly a drinking thing) but really?? Is your friend only going to be in town for one night? Not to mention it’s the playoffs so we’re done when we lose which could be as quickly as 20 minutes (with 3 people playing that’s a likelihood now too)

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:29 pm

That's lamer than throwing an apple core in the woods.

mikey

Postby mikey » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:11 pm

That guy sure loves his intramurals...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:21 pm

I bet you can convince them you are the second girl. I don’t imagine it’s that big of a stretch…

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:27 pm

I do have a great ass…

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:52 pm

Bought a couple items from different sellers on eBay yesterday. Got shipping confirmation that they were sent out, but the delivery address was our old apartment that we have not lived in since 2019. I was able to intercept the delivery on one of them and have it re-routed for self-pickup at the Post Office that's right down the street. Driving the package from the Woodland Hills PO to the West Hills PO - a straight line distance of 2.4 miles - costs $65. Shipping it from Manassas, VA to Los Angeles cost $4.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:58 am

I tried upgrading my wife's phone three times yesterday on the AT&T website, but every time I clicked the option to pick up at the store near me, it would say it was shipping at the next screen so I kept having to cancel.

I love their service around here and it's way better than Verizon in this area, but damn, fix your janky ass website. It's one of those sites that has so many background scripts and html it reloads like twelve times every page

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:15 am

I play in a sand volleyball league. 9 weeks and then playoffs. This week is the playoffs

The teams can only have 2 guys on the court max at a time (four player teams so you usually run 2 girls too). It’s kind of hard to recruit girls so we only have two on our team

One of the girls messages the team yesterday that she has a friend in town and can’t come. Not that we’re super serious about it (it’s mostly a drinking thing) but really?? Is your friend only going to be in town for one night? Not to mention it’s the playoffs so we’re done when we lose which could be as quickly as 20 minutes (with 3 people playing that’s a likelihood now too)
Always gotta have 5 people on that roster bro, even if the team adds a 5th person that doesn't necessarily show up to every game, doesn't pay, but is only there for emergency. adult sports roster management 101.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:31 am

Always gotta have 5 people on that roster bro, even if the team adds a 5th person that doesn't necessarily show up to every game, doesn't pay, but is only there for emergency. adult sports roster management 101.
Yeah I was that 5th wheel on a couple teams in the past.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:19 pm

Had a very aggravating experience this morning.

Our two year old had to go for two shots and blood work this morning. We took him back for blood work after his shots, and I'm holding him down while they draw the blood. There was one more experienced phlebotomist and a super new trainee. After several seconds of him screaming and losing his mind, I ask them how it's going. The trainee replies "still trying to find the vein", as she pulls the needle back out again.

I immediately tell them that we are done here today, and I take my son and leave. Why are you letting your clueless fcking new girl try and draw blood from a just-turned-two year old? I'm not going to let my son be a pincushion while you figure out how to do this. I was as nice about it as possible, but he's been through enough today without being a training tool for injections.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:04 pm

When I was broke-ass for a couple years after moving to CA I would go to cosmetology schools for haircuts. You'd get Paul Mitchell treatment for like $10, at the risk of looking ridiculous for 2 weeks. So trainees are good, sometimes.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:07 pm

Nope, not gonna say it...

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:53 pm

*giggle*

Tips.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:17 pm

This new iPhone I bought is annoying. I just want to set an alarm and not go through all the sleep schedule nonsense and the phone muting my calls because I should be sleeping.
Last edited by faftorial on Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:23 pm

Fitting comment on this crap on the iWatch or whatever it's called:
Dear God, yes.... having the same issue. My watch now reminds me to stand, sleep, and breathe. If I wanted to be nagged like this all day, I'd get married again.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:47 pm

Hotel room with a large bathroom with just a tub and toilet. The sink is outside. Everything you would need for a shower- towel, washcloth, soap, shampoo, conditioner- is outside at the sink, not inside the bathroom. Invariably I forget something once already in the shower. Best case it's just me and I drip all the way to the sink. Worst case I'm with the family and have to yell to get someone to slip me a towel or whatever. You can't put the toiletries, washcloths and bath towels inside the door?

I realize this is at least partly a me problem.....

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:50 pm

This new iPhone I bought is annoying. I just want to set an alarm and not go through all the sleep schedule nonsense and the phone muting my calls because I should be sleeping.
But you can just set an alarm without going through the sleep schedule nonsense...

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:26 pm

But you can just set an alarm without going through the sleep schedule nonsense...
It was too late by then. Apparently you can't delete a sleep schedule after one is created. I found where to turn off the notifications.

nocera

Postby nocera » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:28 pm

It was too late by then. Apparently you can't delete a sleep schedule after one is created. I found where to turn off the notifications.
Well that's dumb.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:03 pm

Delete a sleep schedule and its alarm
Tap Browse at the bottom right, then tap Sleep.

Scroll down to Your Schedule, then tap Full Schedule & Options.

Tap Edit for the schedule you want to remove.

Tap Delete Schedule (at the bottom of the screen).

Tap Done.