You know what really grinds my gears...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:21 pm

Bought something on eBay two weeks ago, but had yet to receive so much as a shipping notice. I message the seller last night, and this morning they reply with “the carrier damaged the product, would you accept a replacement item instead” and listed a few things. First off, zero chance the product even made it to the carrier. I asked for a full refund, but expect radio silence from them. I really don’t want to have to file a claim with eBay and PayPal.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:27 pm

People that walk across parking lots diagonally. "How can I maximize the amount of time my pedestrian ass can interrupt the flow of vehicle traffic?"

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:21 am

People that walk across parking lots diagonally. "How can I maximize the amount of time my pedestrian ass can interrupt the flow of vehicle traffic?"
YES! I'm showing my wife this, because I complain about people at the grocery store who do this all the god damn time.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:54 am

Yea and those people always walk very slowly as well. They know they are being a nuisance and probably get off on it

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:05 am

Did they change that rule that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line?

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:06 am

Can we add to that people who walk out of the grocery store and don't even look or hesitate to see if someone is driving through the cross walk? I get that I can't just run down pedestrians, but if I'm 2/3 of the way through and your entitled ass marches out in front of me, you've earned yourself a peeved glare.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:26 am

Did they change that rule that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line?
Do you even Frogger brah?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:46 pm

Can we add to that people who walk out of the grocery store and don't even look or hesitate to see if someone is driving through the cross walk? I get that I can't just run down pedestrians, but if I'm 2/3 of the way through and your entitled ass marches out in front of me, you've earned yourself a peeved glare.
Also true. Same as when my car is halfway out of the parking spot, you do not have the right of way, and should not be throwing your hands in the air because I almost hit you.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:48 pm

You think you have right of way while in a parking spot?

I've got some bad news for you Bubba.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:52 pm

You think you have right of way while in a parking spot?

I've got some bad news for you Bubba.
If my car is >50% out of the parking spot, anyone dadhole who decides to walk behind me is fair game.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:56 pm

IANAL.

As an operator of a vehicle you have a duty of care to those around you. Would be a tough sell to a jury to explain that you're entitled to egress that spot in any fashion you like. Your fashion is a complete disregard for vulnerable pedestrians. If it were a car that hit you then you'd share the negligence as there would be a duty owed by both drivers. Not so much with pedestrians.

But, you do you, hero.

(I agree in principle but this is a Letang situation. You can put yourself in danger and hope that everyone does what their supposed to, but you're still laying on the ice with scrambled brains because you got boarded.)

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:57 pm

Damn you, dodint.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Yeah, sorry to come down on you in this thread. It's a venting thread and I don't usually reply like that. But I typed it out and wasn't going to waste it. ;)

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:47 pm

After driving about 700 miles over the weekend I would like to reiterate that "left lane cruisers" should be sniped just before right curves where there are ditches or large fields to the left so that their cars just keep going straight and off the road surface. Their vehicles and bodies can be collected later. Or just left there as warnings to others to get the heck out of the left lane.
at the risk of getting flogged, is it ok if I cruise in the left lane but cruise at 10 MPH over the speed limit (which is the absolute max you can go without risking getting pulled over)?

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:52 pm

Statutorily it's not okay in most jurisdictions because most left lane laws require you to return to the non-passing lane within 2 miles.

Not every jurisdiction has a left lane law though. In NC you 'must keep right when slower than posted speed' so in your scenario you wouldn't have any legal liability.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:57 pm

I was walking behind a parked car at the grocery store a few days ago when the driver decided to quickly put the car in R and gun it. I was like "HEY" and scampered out of the way as the driver lady stopped. She powered her window down and, with palpable snark, was like "Wooooow" - as if I was somehow in the wrong here, and my reaction was out-of-bounds - "I didn't see you."

"I should hope not."

She didn't get it.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:28 pm

In NC you 'must keep right when slower than posted speed' so in your scenario you wouldn't have any legal liability.
When would you ever legally be allowed in the left lane? :lol:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:08 pm

I was walking behind a parked car at the grocery store a few days ago when the driver decided to quickly put the car in R and gun it. I was like "HEY" and scampered out of the way as the driver lady stopped. She powered her window down and, with palpable snark, was like "Wooooow" - as if I was somehow in the wrong here, and my reaction was out-of-bounds - "I didn't see you."

"I should hope not."

She didn't get it.
Keep in mind that I’m referring to slowly backing out of my spot, not speeding. Different scenarios, IMO (maybe not legally dodint you Canaan).

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:09 pm

After driving about 700 miles over the weekend I would like to reiterate that "left lane cruisers" should be sniped just before right curves where there are ditches or large fields to the left so that their cars just keep going straight and off the road surface. Their vehicles and bodies can be collected later. Or just left there as warnings to others to get the heck out of the left lane.
at the risk of getting flogged, is it ok if I cruise in the left lane but cruise at 10 MPH over the speed limit (which is the absolute max you can go without risking getting pulled over)?
You’re an dadhole if you cruise in the left lane while not passing. Don’t do it.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:11 pm

"I should hope not."

She didn't get it.
Keep in mind that I’m referring to slowly backing out of my spot, not speeding. Different scenarios, IMO (maybe not legally dodint you Canaan).
Oh for sure. I was just marveling at the fact that this lady somehow thought "I didn't see you" was a viable excuse rather than the underlying fault.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:07 pm

Speaking about parking lot drivers, how about the tool bags that diagonally cut through open parking spaces instead of following the proper aisles? I was sitting in my car with some open spots around me and some a**hole drives diagonally across some aisles and barely misses clipping my car. Go the proper way.

Jim

Postby Jim » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:26 pm

No. If you are not passing or trying to pass, get back into the right. Left lane is also appropriate when approaching an active on ramp, a stopped vehicle, a cop that pulled someone over, and some construction situations. However, then back into the right lane.

I have spoken.

tjand72

Postby tjand72 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:32 pm

I think they know that, and that's the problem. They're more concerned about bee-lining it to their car instead of being courteous. 90 degree rule, buddy.

blackjack68

Postby blackjack68 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:58 am

No. If you are not passing or trying to pass, get back into the right. Left lane is also appropriate when approaching an active on ramp, a stopped vehicle, a cop that pulled someone over, and some construction situations. However, then back into the right lane.

I have spoken.
Not only is it rude, it’s illegal in many states.

Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:24 am

I have spoken.
Not only is it rude, it’s illegal in many states.

Including PA