You know what really grinds my gears...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:57 am

Bought something on eBay two weeks ago, but had yet to receive so much as a shipping notice. I message the seller last night, and this morning they reply with “the carrier damaged the product, would you accept a replacement item instead” and listed a few things. First off, zero chance the product even made it to the carrier. I asked for a full refund, but expect radio silence from them. I really don’t want to have to file a claim with eBay and PayPal.
**** eBay, man. Today I was finally able to use the "ask for a refund" option for this item. Now the seller has 3 days to refund my money, or eBay can get involved... after another 3 days. This process is so drawn out and awful.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:47 am

I had this issue with ebay many many moons ago. I think it was an HD receiver. The seller said it shipped and "had proof" it was delivered. I never received it. Ebay refunded the shipping cost only, not the price I paid for the receiver since I was not able to prove it wasn't delivered.

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:24 am

Bought something on eBay two weeks ago, but had yet to receive so much as a shipping notice. I message the seller last night, and this morning they reply with “the carrier damaged the product, would you accept a replacement item instead” and listed a few things. First off, zero chance the product even made it to the carrier. I asked for a full refund, but expect radio silence from them. I really don’t want to have to file a claim with eBay and PayPal.
**** eBay, man. Today I was finally able to use the "ask for a refund" option for this item. Now the seller has 3 days to refund my money, or eBay can get involved... after another 3 days. This process is so drawn out and awful.
Small world stuff. I met the guy that developed the process. I took a class on Online Dispute Resolution and eBay is held up as a pioneer in the field. The guy that set it up for eBay broke off and made his own company and brings this process you love so much to the masses. He was a guest lecturer in the class.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:35 am

I can accept the process right up until the extra 3 day wait to have eBay get involved. I would love to hear an explanation for that.

Beveridge

Postby Beveridge » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:14 am

Small world stuff. I met the guy that developed the process. I took a class on Online Dispute Resolution and eBay is held up as a pioneer in the field. The guy that set it up for eBay broke off and made his own company and brings this process you love so much to the masses. He was a guest lecturer in the class.
Would have bet what's left of my retirement that this was a tif post.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:39 pm

:lol:

Kane

Postby Kane » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:45 am

Fedex shipping is **** mind boggling. I broke the carafe for my coffee pot and ordered a new one last week. It left a facility in Clinton, PA (probably 45 mins. from my house) and was sent to Indianapolis. Then it left Indianapolis and went to Kansas City. Now it's left KS and is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

What the actual ****.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:24 am

Did I miss a memo where suddenly everyone working from home forgets how to do their job and don't actually read their emails anymore?

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:28 am

Did I miss a memo where suddenly everyone working from home forgets how to do their job and don't actually read their emails anymore?
From your past posts ITT, it seems nothing has changed

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:29 am

Haha I was thinking the same thing. MR25 vs The World: Home Edition

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:37 am

lol

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:40 am

I’ve been working from home going on 2 years now and have extended the time my Lync takes to show me “away” to 30 min so it’s not as obvious I’m taking a nap. True story.

But I do respond to emails. It just might take a couple hours in the afternoon.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:45 am

I meant read emails as "Actually read and understand it", because holy **** I've gotten way too many emails asking me something that was already easily explained in a previous email.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:47 am

It is my experience in 18 years at this job and 8 years as a youth soccer club administrator that nobody (thoroughly) reads emails. They respond to what after a scan they believe the email says.

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:24 am

Levin effing Furniture. Bought furniture and a new mattress on 2/15. Put deposit of $1800 down. One piece not available so we chose to wait to schedule delivery. They called a week later saying they still were waiting on one piece. Again, we decide to wait. Now - they're in the middle of pandemic/bankruptcy and I'm out $1800 and no furniture. Did the complaint with the Attorney General and filed dispute with Capital One for deposit - but I'm likely not going to see that money back. I don't think they ever had that furniture.
Scammed.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:41 am

Levin effing Furniture. Bought furniture and a new mattress on 2/15. Put deposit of $1800 down. One piece not available so we chose to wait to schedule delivery. They called a week later saying they still were waiting on one piece. Again, we decide to wait. Now - they're in the middle of pandemic/bankruptcy and I'm out $1800 and no furniture. Did the complaint with the Attorney General and filed dispute with Capital One for deposit - but I'm likely not going to see that money back. I don't think they ever had that furniture.
Scammed.
Picket in front of their store?

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:48 am

She'll be shot by the president of the Philippines.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:05 pm

Buying a new item on Amazon Warehouse that just has a damaged box, and opening it up to find that it was heavily used and missing parts. This thing is sold out literally everywhere else, so I’m SOL for now.

I complained to Amazon, so I hope they penalize the **** who used it and returned it as new, only to be resold.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:08 pm

my company uses slack for communication

my manager, a pretty militant feminist, just created a new slack channel: "women software engineers"

I just...why? what the hell are they going to talk about in there?

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:10 pm

you

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:11 pm

hopefully

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:50 pm

my company uses slack for communication

my manager, a pretty militant feminist, just created a new slack channel: "women software engineers"

I just...why? what the hell are they going to talk about in there?
likely nothing to do with engineering.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:34 pm

You guys are a Slack shop? Rollin in that dough.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:50 pm

We use slack as well for most communications. MS teams are used for bigger meetings but everyday communications and chatting are all done in slack.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:00 pm

I love Slack compared to Teams. But holy **** is it pricey.