You know what really grinds my gears...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm

Shopping for gifts for others. Trying my hardest to avoid gift cards...

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:47 pm

When a website changes or eliminates an RSS feed without any announcement in the feed.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Every recipe ever. ^
Then the comments are an endless stream of people suggesting changes to the recipe that completely change the dish but show how clever the commentor is.

Or, they leave comments like "1 Star. I left out the butter and salt and used cheddar cheese instead of Parmesan and my family gave it a thumbs down!"

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:54 pm

imploding a domed stadium that a) is only 25 years old and b) was renovated for $300 MILLION DOLLARS only 11 years ago. :roll:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/geor ... Z4CHcmUnL/
I went to the Peach Bowl about 10 years ago, and it seemed like a perfectly modern facility that was great to watch the game in (it was LSU-Miami IIRC). Unreal.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 am

imploding a domed stadium that a) is only 25 years old and b) was renovated for $300 MILLION DOLLARS only 11 years ago. :roll:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/geor ... Z4CHcmUnL/
I went to the Peach Bowl about 10 years ago, and it seemed like a perfectly modern facility that was great to watch the game in (it was LSU-Miami IIRC). Unreal.
in 25 years I only went twice. I took my mom to a Peach Bowl that GA Tech played in probably 15 years ago and a few years ago I went to a Patriots/Falcons game. other than the fact that the roof didn't retract there wasn't a damn thing wrong with that facility. similar story with Turner Field. it was built for the Olympics as the main stadium and then it was altered for baseball. the only reasons the Braves left were a) the city of ATL never developed the surrounding neighborhood and b) the suburban county of Cobb was dumb enough to spend millions on a new stadium for the Braves.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:05 pm

It is remarkable to me the percentage of candidates I speak with, and pass onto the hiring manager, that no-show their face-to-face interviews. As you can imagine, most of these people are people at the lower-income tier of the medical world, but still...how hard is it to just send an email withdrawing from consideration? You would rather burn a bridge with one of the largest employers of your occupation in the area?

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Really? People just straight don't show up? That's super dopey and rude.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Really? People just straight don't show up? That's super dopey and rude.
Aaaand now this is all I am picturing.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:11 pm

It is remarkable to me the percentage of candidates I speak with, and pass onto the hiring manager, that no-show their face-to-face interviews. As you can imagine, most of these people are people at the lower-income tier of the medical world, but still...how hard is it to just send an email withdrawing from consideration? You would rather burn a bridge with one of the largest employers of your occupation in the area?
is this shads first complaint from new job?

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:23 am

is this shads first complaint from new job?
:D

The job itself is fine, it's just a byproduct of recruiting for some lower-paying jobs. There is unfortunately a larger percentage associated with that who tend to think that there is nothing wrong with scheduling an interview with an employer and not showing up. I've also spoken with plenty of extremely hard-working people.

TBH, I think it has spiked because we are approaching/in the holidays.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:24 am

When you're the main technical resource for a project, and the PM schedules the meeting around some random manager's free/busy, even though he will have nothing to contribute to the call. Declined.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:49 am

When you're the main technical resource for a project, and the PM schedules the meeting around some random manager's free/busy, even though he will have nothing to contribute to the call. Declined.
We closed our local office recently, with the dwindling headcount moving to work from home- but we all travel a lot anyway. The going away luncheon had been scheduled for Tuesday of the last week for a month so everyone could plan to be there. The week before the VP decided he couldnt make Tuesday so they moved it to Thursday. Everyone else had plans for Thursday by then. But by all means let’s accommodate the VP, it’s important that he is there. He can have my share.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:53 am

He can have my share.
Exactly what I was thinking while reading your post.

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:13 am

Something like that happened in the Marines. We'd have going away parties, usually at around 3pm on a given day so you could get out of work for the day kind of early. One of our GySgts that everyone hated anyway couldn't make it, so she rescheduled it for 6:30am the next day at Waffle House. Of course Marines can't go out in town in their uniforms so it required a costume change before work as well. So bad.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:51 am

yeah but it was at waffle house so it probably evened out

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:37 pm

Searching for a recipe and then having to scroll through twelve paragraphs about how the person's mee-maw passed down the recipe from generation to generation while inspiring the kids to love what they bake. Now your recipe gets a 1 star review no matter how good it is.
Yep. Its usually someone's blog and their page is littered with ads, pop-ups, endless introductory text. Its a recipe not a thesis, damnit.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:28 pm

I've had two orders from Amazon this week arrive damaged. Both were the last of the items available.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:44 am

My wife handles paying our Target REDcard, so I had never noticed this before. She had noticed a few small charges from TARGET.COM, and asked me to look into it. Long story short, apparently Target charges you random, small amounts for online purchases, and then charges the balance once the item ships. You'd think it was just a temporary hold or something, but it's not. On your statement, you'll see these small charges and then larger charges. You have to match them up and add the totals to validate it against your order(s).

That makes zero god damn sense whatsoever.

dodint

Postby dodint » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:46 am

An otherwise intelligent IT guy with a Target card. huh.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:47 am

Gotta maximize my savings. That 5% adds up quickly.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:52 am

Yeah that 5% comes in handy ordering stuff from Target.

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:54 am

Yeah that 5% comes in handy ordering stuff from Target.
and in emergencies

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:28 am

.......getting texts at 1:00AM on a weeknight. I supervise several Millennials/teenagers for a side gig and they regularly text me after midnight about scheduling requests.
they also need to get off my lawn! ;)

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:32 am

Source of the post I supervise several Millennials/teenagers for a side gig and they regularly text me after midnight about scheduling requests.
Do they think that's normal?

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:29 am

Trying to get to the first unread post in a thread is maddening these days. It jumps to the last embedded image or video. Every. Single. Time.