You know what really grinds my gears...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:10 pm

Come on, MIMH. Get out of the dudes way.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:44 pm

I really wish streaming apps had a “reset all watched episodes” option for a particular series

for example I’m rewatching Trailer Park Boys for the nth time and all the episodes are “watched” from when I aaa them years ago. It can get a little confusing when I see the “next episode” (and all future ones) are previously watched

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:08 pm

People in the back rows of an airplane who can’t wait for the people in front of them to leave when disembarking. Unless you need to catch a connection, in which case you should be the very first person off the plane, you should be sent to the front lines of Ukraine if you can’t be courteous and wait a couple of seconds

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:10 pm

I really wish streaming apps had a “reset all watched episodes” option for a particular series

for example I’m rewatching Trailer Park Boys for the nth time and all the episodes are “watched” from when I aaa them years ago. It can get a little confusing when I see the “next episode” (and all future ones) are previously watched
You can do this with Netflix if you login on a web browser.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:13 pm

Features supported on a browser but not an app, particularly when the app is much more commonly used

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:13 pm

Alright, then don't. *shrug*

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:15 pm

Alright, then don't. *shrug*
lol I was making a joke (well, half making a joke. It does annoy me) but I am appreciative of your help

thank you dodint. May your favorite hockey team win the Stanley Cup this season

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:18 pm

I get what you're saying. For some reason that I can't understand the Arccos mobile app and their web portal are almost completely bifurcated. Super annoying.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:20 pm

I do agree with MiMH - feature parity is an issue, and it shouldn't be.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:22 pm

I’m a software engineer too so it infuriates me because I think about this kind of stuff daily. For whatever reason it was prioritized by their browser product team but not the mobile app team. The only justification I can think of is that users who use the browser are more likely to use the button than the mobile app users but I’m doubtful that that’s actually the case

Or maybe the browser team built it first but made it highly coupled with their UI and the mobile team can’t use it without refactoring or building their own, so they deprioritized it. Service oriented architecture, people

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:15 pm

In the past couple months the number of emails that I get to my Gmail act that are marked IMPORTANT has gone from maybe a couple or three per month to easily somewhere like 50%-60% of all messages.

If everything's important, nothing is.

LeopardLetang

Postby LeopardLetang » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:10 am

I mark it as Urgent A, Urgent B, Urgent C, Urgent D. Urgent A is the most important. Urgent D you don’t even really have to worry about.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:47 am

Ordered Primanti Bros from Goldbelly, and of course FedEx manages to **** this up, as there is now a delay in the delivery. New estimate is a full 24 hours later. This **** is coming from 5 hours away, and they still manage to **** it up.

Ad@m

Postby Ad@m » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:08 am

Your delivery was in the I-81 pileup.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:25 am

:lol:

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:29 am

Had an interesting exchange on Sunday night. Me and the girl were getting into the champagne during the Penguins game and once you start drinking, there's point in stopping...so we ordered some food.

I had a nice promo code from the shitty uber eats service and decided to go with it...we order from a pizza place. She orders pizza, I ordered wings and a couple of sides.

Order takes like an hour, which is pretty standard for uber eats because it stinks.

Anyway, finally the guy shows up: hands me a couple of sides and goes, "all right, peace out." and I was like, buddy, how about the pizza?

He looks at receipt and goes, "Well, they didn't give me a pizza. Sorry."

So I go into the app, go I didn't get my ****. They ask me to take a picture of the receipt and the food that I received. So, I did. And immediately got a full refund.

Just a very silly bunch of coconuts that is...glad I got my refund so quickly, but were they trying to call my bluff with the picture element...? Did you know you weren't giving me a pizza and were just trying to pull a fast one...? It just all seems faulty...

MR25

Postby MR25 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:49 am

When you report an issue, does that go to Uber Eats customer service or the restaurant?

If Uber Eats, they aren't going to know if the restaurant shorted you food, so the picture makes sense in the context.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:53 am

And nobody would ever think to just not include that item in the picture. It's foolproof.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:57 am

I honestly think a lot of those services give you an automatic refund on your first one or couple requests just so they don't have to deal with it and its cheap enough

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:57 am

Source of the post So I go into the app, go I didn't get my ****. They ask me to take a picture of the receipt and the food that I received. So, I did. And immediately got a full refund.
That's absurd. With DoorDash, if I don't get an item, it takes like 3 clicks in the app to get a full refund for that item - no requirement to take a photo (wouldn't you just not take a photo of the item if you were trying to get it for free? lolol). And if I have to chat with somebody for bigger issues, they have it resolved to my satisfaction in 5 minutes. Highly recommend DoorDash.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:58 am

I highly advise against all those shitty delivery apps and instead order directly from the restaurant. Especially if it's a pizza place because they most likely deliver.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:59 am

Shut up, clown.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:02 am

I highly advise against all those shitty delivery apps and instead order directly from the restaurant. Especially if it's a pizza place because they most likely deliver.
if they handle delivery themselves then of course I'll order from them but otherwise if I have to get off my ass to pick up the food then I'm not ordering from them

dodint

Postby dodint » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:02 am

I had a local burger/sandwich place lecture me when I picked up my food. They said to just call them next time because it would save both of us money. I use Doordash because I want to select from a menu on screen, not hope and pray that the guy on the other end of the phone in a busy restaurant gets my order right.

I haven't gone back to that place since because I feel like I'm an imposition. Good job, Bob.
(It was Big Shot Bob's House of Wings)

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:04 am

do those apps take the same cut if you pick the food up yourself? I've never done that (order pickup through an app) but that's kind of shitty