You know what really grinds my gears...

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon May 22, 2023 7:11 pm

I don’t know why you guys are so limited in where you can go out there, because we have plenty of centers here that can process it. The hard part was just gathering the paperwork.
Remember when PA passed Voter ID like 10 years ago? And part of that was requiring people get a state-issued ID....... and then another part of that was the state closed like 40% of the offices that issued those IDs, or severely limited their hours of operation? Well, the Voter ID law was delayed (I don't know if it was ever implemented), but I think the reduction in issuing capacity (mostly if not all DMV locs iirc) was permanent as far as I remember.

faftorial

Postby faftorial » Mon May 22, 2023 7:15 pm

I don’t know why you guys are so limited in where you can go out there, because we have plenty of centers here that can process it. The hard part was just gathering the paperwork.
Someone couldn't find my birth cert when I was divorced so I have to get mine from LA county.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Mon May 22, 2023 7:22 pm

I had to get a replacement SS card, which was done completely online, and mailed within a week.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon May 22, 2023 7:30 pm

Ha, I got a replacement birth cert from PA about 15 years ago and have kept it in a document bag which itself is inside a fireproof satchel type thing. I opened the document bag once and the thing had come up close to the zipper, and so the teeth of the zipper chewed the living hell out of the edge of the cert. Looks like a a kiddies' scissors class cut it up for a paper doll.

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue May 23, 2023 8:38 am

I love how the real ID **** has been pushed back what…4 years?
That's remarkably efficient for our federal government...

A fully-formed proposed rule in 2014 to have a repository of drug and alcohol violations for CDL holders. Legitimately just a database, basic CRUD deal, no frills front-end, no mobile app, no other logistics, no other reporting to other agencies, etc. Didn't happen until 2020.

A fully-formed proposed rule in 2006 about simply reporting a few pieces of information from a driver's medical card to a state DMV, didn't really get to a near-complete state until around 2019. It's still not totally there, but it's close enough where I won't nitpick.

We're an inefficient people...

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Tue May 23, 2023 9:01 am

I swear to god, if people don’t stop starting teams meetings early, I’m going to go **** berserk. Someone started a 9 at 8:52. What. The. Actual **** are you doing?

Then I don’t get a notification at 5 til or at 9 because the meeting is already open. you **** waste of skin

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue May 23, 2023 9:18 am

I swear to god, if people don’t stop starting teams meetings early, I’m going to go **** berserk. Someone started a 9 at 8:52. What. The. Actual **** are you doing?

Then I don’t get a notification at 5 til or at 9 because the meeting is already open. you **** waste of skin
They’re the same people who show up at your office for meetings 1/2 hour before. Our appointment is at 10:00 bucco why don’t you have a seat in the waiting area for the next 25 minutes?

mikey

Postby mikey » Tue May 23, 2023 9:19 am

Yes. Death to them. It's virtual. You don't need to be early. Just hit the button at the designated meeting time. There's no traffic. There's no "if you're not early, you're late" ****...it's easy...

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Tue May 23, 2023 9:23 am

wait, the notifications stop if somebody is already in the meeting? don't think I've ever experienced that problem. I let the people sit in their one person meeting until I get the 9AM notification.

nocera

Postby nocera » Tue May 23, 2023 9:27 am

I'll still get an Outlook reminder but I guess if you don't use Outlook and rely on Teams for the notification you're boned.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:29 am

Yeah, I've never had a Teams meeting notification stop because somebody joined early. Sounds like a config issue on your end.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Tue May 23, 2023 9:49 am

The only notifications I get from Teams are when someone starts the meeting or types in the chat.

Outlook provides the meeting notifications and I almost never enter the meeting before it tells me it is time.

We have some sick individuals who are apparently not busy and like to start meetings early and make small talk. Nope.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Tue May 23, 2023 10:13 am

Yes. Death to them. It's virtual. You don't need to be early. Just hit the button at the designated meeting time. There's no traffic. There's no "if you're not early, you're late" ****...it's easy...
By the way my kid’s hs soccer coach can suck it over the 15 min early is on time crap. She can’t drive yet and I barely can get away to have her there on time for your 4:00 practice jagholio.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 24, 2023 10:47 am

Friendly reminder that Ticketmaster, AXS, etc. can eat giant bags of dicks because of their ridiculous convenience fees.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed May 24, 2023 10:50 am

Nothing convenient about that fee

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed May 24, 2023 11:06 am

Yep, looks like my bill for the Pixies concert.

"Convenience Fee." There's actually a box office at Stage AE, where according to their FB page, "There is a reduced fee for tickets purchased." But there's still a fee? "Convenience Fee" indicates to me that there's a less convenient way to obtain tickets and not pay the fee. What's the B&M fee, an "Inconvenience fee?"

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed May 24, 2023 11:16 am

it sucks too because everyone is involved with the scam. Artists and managers get benefits from Ticketmaster so that they have no concerns with ticketmaster's ridiculous pricing policies

it's really disgusting and in the end the consumers are the losers

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed May 24, 2023 11:19 am

The thing is, if they just rolled it into the ticket price and said my tickets were $62.10 each, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. They go out of their way to tell you how much they are effing you for.

nocera

Postby nocera » Wed May 24, 2023 11:20 am

Pearl Jam tried.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed May 24, 2023 11:20 am

Or just charge a reasonable fee. A 27% convenience fee is **** atrocious.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed May 24, 2023 11:22 am

The thing is, if they just rolled it into the ticket price and said my tickets were $62.10 each, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. They go out of their way to tell you how much they are effing you for.
exactly. it's one thing to charge a price that's advertised but it's another thing to advertise one price and then charge one that's 25% more

I know Biden made a joke about resort fees for non-resorts but I think this country is in desperate need for pricing transparency regulations

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed May 24, 2023 11:24 am

it sucks too because everyone is involved with the scam. Artists and managers get benefits from Ticketmaster so that they have no concerns with ticketmaster's ridiculous pricing policies

Ticketmaster is also more or less a monopoly, so it's also possible those acts don't have much of a choice when it comes to selling tickets for the venues they play.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed May 24, 2023 11:31 am

Ticketmaster is also more or less a monopoly, so it's also possible those acts don't have much of a choice when it comes to selling tickets for the venues they play.
yeah it's tough. I think many artists are in a position where they have to begrudgingly go along with TM but Last Week Tonight did a segment on Ticketmaster earlier this year and they outlined how some artists were in cahoots with TM about shady pricing/availaibility. Like sometimes the fees that TM collects partly go back to the artist as a rebate and here's a bit where they discover Bieber is scalping tickets to his own concert:

I guess it's no surprise that Bieber is a shitty person

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Wed May 24, 2023 3:38 pm

I search “attractions” on Google Maps and “Starbucks in Publix” pops up

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed May 24, 2023 4:29 pm

Yep, looks like my bill for the Pixies concert.

"Convenience Fee." There's actually a box office at Stage AE, where according to their FB page, "There is a reduced fee for tickets purchased." But there's still a fee? "Convenience Fee" indicates to me that there's a less convenient way to obtain tickets and not pay the fee. What's the B&M fee, an "Inconvenience fee?"
I always found this funny...when I used to go to The Electric Factory in Philly a couple times a month, I'd walk over there from my office and get tickets for everyone I was going with because it saved on ridiculous fees. I just find it funny that the convenience fee is charged on an automated process, but buying them from a person - who needs to be paid - who just hands out tickets is cheaper/convenience fee free...

Don't make no god dang sense...