You know what really grinds my gears...

mamaemeritus

Postby mamaemeritus » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:36 pm

I have no issue with "fur baby." I think it's more to combat the idiots that don't understand (or care to understand) how important pets are to people. I had a complete <can't use the worst female word here> of a boss once who CONSTANTLY missed work due to her kids' whathaveyou. (Literally, one day our entire ERP system was crashing, and I couldn't get ahold of her because she had her kid's bday party during the day when she was supposed to be working from home.) I constantly saved her ass. Once, my cat was extremely ill and I had to take him to the vet a number of times during the span of a week. She rolled her eyes and exasperatedly told me "pets are worse than children." UP. YOURS.

That said, I generally don't refer to mine as furbabies. We do say Mum and Daddy to our cats - but only in our home to each other. And yes, we speak to our cats. On the regular. Our animals are members of our family and mean the world to us.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:43 pm

Our pets have their own voices. Carlin was like Ling from Kung Pow, very over-the-top male-as-female; Lily is sort of a girl version of Tim Gunn from Project Runway; Tammy just says "meep", but you can get a lot of emotion out inflection.

I don't use the term fur baby, but I'm not really put out by it, either.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:46 pm

These people are letting their kids lay in the aisle. That’s ok. Nobody needs to go back to use the bathroom or anything.
On our way home from Maui there was a toddler across the aisle from us whose parents let her stay up all night (red eye flight) watching cartoons. She was constantly jumping up and down in her seat and giggling and screaming. Pretty sure none of us around her for any sleep. I’ve never wanted to tell off parents more in my life.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:13 am

I would either talk to the parents in those situations, and if that didn't work, I'd call over the flight attendant.

I had a kid kicking my seat on a flight once. For a while I stewed angerly while waiting for it to stop, but eventually I politely asked the kid's parents to stop him from doing it. They actually did tell him to stop and although he didn't stop completely for the rest of the flight, it was very infrequent.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:25 am

Yeah, that’s too long a flight to deal with nonsense. Parents first, then flight attendant. Just don’t be a dick when you ask.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:40 am

I hate Lync and whoever decided to give us Lync. my actual boss does not seem to use it so I may turn it off.

Mostly it comes down to the ability of my co workers to somehow know when I’m busy and up against a deadline- then I hear that sound.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:02 am

Lync is a menace

MR25

Postby MR25 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:56 am

Pretty sure the person who lives above me made sauerkraut for New Years, because my place still smells like burnt feet.

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:24 pm

When software asks you to update to the latest version, then tells you that your license is too old for the new version and will exit in 5 minutes.

No thanks, brah, I'll just be going back to the previous version. Thanks for wasting my **** time.

NailedPenguin
Location: The biggest post, in the biggest thread, in the biggest forum in town. Wooooo!

Postby NailedPenguin » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:41 am

Windows password expires Sunday. I've had too many monday mornings on the phone with the fuggin help desk because things always get fuct up when its password change time so I'll do it now. 40 minutes later and Outlook still does not accept my new credentials. Shut out of everything but Windows. For the first time ever the automatic sign ins for everything else work and won't let me manually enter the new PW. Then randomly at about minute 45 everything opens

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:45 am

Source of the post Then randomly at about minute 45 everything opens
Your IS department needs to look at their domain controllers and find out why replication is taking so long. For password changes, it should be damn near instantaneous. They've either set the replication timing way too high, or you're hitting a DC that's **** up.

Kane

Postby Kane » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:05 am

Yeah, that's way too long, and only one day to change sucks. Our is near instantaneous, and we have about 3 days to change.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:17 pm

ESPN deciding to record episodes of PTI in Miami for the Super Bowl

which means:
1. PTI has distracting and annoying crowds in the background
2. No new TK Show podcasts this week
3. Wilbon and TK don't even hae that much to say about the Super Bowl anyway

whichever big wig made this decision deserves to be wedgied

dodint

Postby dodint » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:23 pm

Yeah, this sucks. They should go into that shitty studio they used Monday so they could weep about Kobe in peace. The audio levels are terrible in that outdoor studio. Which is lame because the outdoor studios at the football games do fine.

tjand72

Postby tjand72 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:12 pm

Lyrics that "rhyme" the same word. Lazy.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:45 am

People who pull out in front of me when there's nobody behind me. Especially when they proceed to go slower than I had been.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:34 pm

People who pull out in front of me when there's nobody behind me. Especially when they proceed to go slower than I had been.
This is one of the rare instances where I'll tailgate if the kids aren't in the car.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:45 pm

Charge something to a card and payment is virtually instantaneous. Refund that transaction? 7-10 days. Makes no sense.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:56 am

Having to replace our hot water tank a few months before we sell our house....

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:16 am

Ouch. That's my biggest fear of buying a house. Just everything breaks 1 month into living there.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:23 am

Ouch. That's my biggest fear of buying a house. Just everything breaks 1 month into living there.
The tank is 19 years old. It is what it is. It's one less thing to come up when we sell the house I guess. We can use that as a positive.. brand new water heater, regulator, expansion tank etc.

The guy offered to just replace the regulator, expansion tank and pressure release valve cause he said the tank would probably last a few more years. My wife and I just figured that it was better to just replace it all and hopefully that will look good to a a buyer when we sell the house. He gave us a decent discount for doing it all today, and there was no pressure to do everything. I felt he was being honest with me.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:31 am

The tank is 19 years old. It is what it is. It's one less thing to come up when we sell the house I guess. We can use that as a positive.. brand new water heater, regulator, expansion tank etc.

The guy offered to just replace the regulator, expansion tank and pressure release valve cause he said the tank would probably last a few more years. My wife and I just figured that it was better to just replace it all and hopefully that will look good to a a buyer when we sell the house. He gave us a decent discount for doing it all today, and there was no pressure to do everything. I felt he was being honest with me.
From the New Yorker. Today(!) It's like they read this thread!

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:18 pm

It's also a nice selling feature - brand new, warrantied hot water heater. Ours was 8 years old when it died last year. We bought a 10-year warranty, and it it is still alive in year 9, I'm going to find a way to break it to get a full replacement.

skullman80

Postby skullman80 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:35 pm

It's also a nice selling feature - brand new, warrantied hot water heater. Ours was 8 years old when it died last year. We bought a 10-year warranty, and it it is still alive in year 9, I'm going to find a way to break it to get a full replacement.
This one came with a 6 year warranty standard. In any event...It got replaced. Hopefully one less thing to worry about when we go to sell.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:46 pm

This word - Saoirse - is pronounced 'sur-sha'.