You know what really grinds my gears...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:28 pm

The funny thing about the Jehovah's Witness people is that they completely ignore you in Center City. They stand next to their pamphlet tower, and never make any attempt to talk to you at all. Polar opposite from the people who knock on my door, ask me if I know where to find all of life's answers, and then get upset when I reply with "Google" and close the door.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:31 pm

The funny thing about the Jehovah's Witness people is that they completely ignore you in Center City. They stand next to their pamphlet tower, and never make any attempt to talk to you at all. Polar opposite from the people who knock on my door, ask me if I know where to find all of life's answers, and then get upset when I reply with "Google" and close the door.
Ha....that's very true. The JWs in Center City actually look annoyed to be there.

Silentom

Postby Silentom » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Lemon seeds in my iced tea.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:36 am

I was behind someone in line at a big box store (I'll let you guess which one) who smelled so much like human urine that I moved lines. Seriously, do some people not have working olfactory nerves? How do you not care you reek of porta-potty.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:38 pm

It amazes me how many people don't know that the middle lane on Bellefield in Oakland can be used to make right turns.

They end up clogging the right lane or do that dumb swing from the right to where the middle lane meets the left lane of Fifth. Then they get mad at me for being there when they almost cause an accident by being dumb.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:10 pm

When you have an excel spreadsheet someone started that you need to work on and somehow they have managed to make it think it is using every one of the hundreds of thousands of available rows and columns.

Thanks.

mikey

Postby mikey » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Ooh that's a good one...

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:14 pm

When you have an excel spreadsheet someone started that you need to work on and somehow they have managed to make it think it is using every one of the hundreds of thousands of available rows and columns.

Thanks.
If I’m interpreting this issue correctly, there’s a quick fix for this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... l-in-excel

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:53 pm

I think I've said this before, but Mommy Blogs. Especially, THE MOMMY NUTRITIONIST, or, HEALTHY MOMMIES, or, NATURAL AND ORGANIC KIDZ. If they are so busy raising kids, how do they have time to sit at home all day furiously checking labels, posting LIKE AND SHARE stuff on Facebook, and sending complaints to food companies and breathlessly posting the responses?

I should note because I googled Kerrygold Butter from the other thread (I've had it before) and one of the first search results was from a mommy blog with the title "I AM NEVER BUYING KERRYGOLD BUTTER AGAIN"

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:55 pm

You must complete the quest by googling which dirt to put on top of the Kerrygold buttered pop tart.

shmenguin

Postby shmenguin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:02 pm

When you're playing ping pong and the other person doesn't understand that when the rules say the ball has to bounce before it goes over the net, it means AFTER you hit it. What is stopping you from bouncing it 4 feet in the air and spiking it? You don't even need to know the rules to realize it doesn't work that way.

columbia

Postby columbia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Motion to change shad's screen name to Mommy Blogger.

DigitalGypsy66

Postby DigitalGypsy66 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Motion to change shad's screen name to Mommy Blogger.
Seconded.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:06 pm

Hearing no discussion, I rule it be so by acclimation.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 pm

Aye

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:25 am

We're not using Robert's Rules of order here.

count2infinity
Location: All things must pass. With six you get eggroll. No matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

Postby count2infinity » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:39 am

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:01 am

We're not using Robert's Rules of order here.
You will need to phrase that in the form of a motion, if there is a second then you can speak to it.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:59 am

Thanks.
If I’m interpreting this issue correctly, there’s a quick fix for this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... l-in-excel
It’s more that they did it and let it fly like that

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks.
It’s more that they did it and let it fly like that
Oh, I know. It's pure laziness.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:57 pm

I only recall this being a problem when trying to print something. Is that the case?

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:01 pm

It's more of an annoyance than a problem, per se. Having to scroll through 5,000 blank cells is a pain in the ass when dealing with large spreadsheets. Half of the Excel documents that I write at work have a considerable amount of data in them, so it's bad enough when you're already hitting column AN (and those all have actual data in them).

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:25 pm

I probably don't understand the issue. If you hit ctrl+down do you go to a blank row? If that is the case, then I agree that is a pain.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:29 pm

I probably don't understand the issue. If you hit ctrl+down do you go to a blank row? If that is the case, then I agree that is a pain.
That's how I read the issue, yes. You basically scroll past the actual end of data, and then past many blank rows. An easy example would be copying data (100 rows) into a sheet, deleting everything, and entering/pasting new data (50 rows) in its place. Hit CTRL-End and you're going to cell 100, with 50 blank cells above the current selection.

pens9192

Postby pens9192 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:32 pm

I'm out of town and get an automated call from my one daughter's school saying she is absent. Ok....i talked to my wife earlier today and she didn't mention daughter was sick. I text my wife, don't hear a response (she was driving, didn't know that ahead of time), starting to panic a bit. My wife gets back to me and says she walked my daughter to the school door and went inside. Ok..called the school and found out they marked her absent "oops, by mistake" There's only 115 kids in the school and she doesn't really have a common first name. Two years ago the same thing happened to my oldest daughter at the same school. Come on, how does that happen??