You know what really grinds my gears...

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:19 pm

My daughter has a bunch of free games on her Kindle for trips - painting games, puzzles, **** like that. Since her Kindle sits powered off in our closet for months on end, and generally on airplane mode when in use, the "licenses" expire. So I have to launch every single app, let it grab a license, and then close it down. I have to do this before every single trip, and Amazon has provided no better way of automatically handling this. It's infuriating.
Ahh yes...this is annoying as ****.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:11 pm

My daughter has a bunch of free games on her Kindle for trips - painting games, puzzles, **** like that. Since her Kindle sits powered off in our closet for months on end, and generally on airplane mode when in use, the "licenses" expire. So I have to launch every single app, let it grab a license, and then close it down. I have to do this before every single trip, and Amazon has provided no better way of automatically handling this. It's infuriating.
I think they have figured out a way of automatically handling this; it's called "not leaving it powered off in a closet for months on end".

:pop:

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:21 pm

The apps need to be running for the license to renew, too. It's an absurd requirement.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:29 pm

I am wondering why the said Kindle is not being used to read books in the interval between trips.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:34 pm

She only has a few digital books, whereas she has a very large collection of physical books. She prefers physical books, which is 1000% okay by me.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:37 pm

My version of this is the Sonos app. I only have it installed on my old LG V10 which is used for streaming media and to control my Joule sous vide tools. When we have sit-down dinners (most every Sunday, but rarely other nights in a given week) we like to listen to music and use the V10 to stream Pandora. And probably every other time I forget to fire up the app until food is plated and we're sitting down, and the goddamn app won't play anything until you download the latest update. It's a minor inconvenience, but it's largely down to me being forgetful.

Factorial

Postby Factorial » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Searching for words in Outlook sucks. I wish they still made Eudora. :(

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:08 pm

I camped out in the Yosemite wilderness two days ago. Yosemite itself was awesome, but I needed to rent a tent, sleeping pad and bear canister from REI

I wake up yesterday at 8ish, immediately pack up, bike back to my car and drive back to Fresno, where the REI is located. The dude tells me that they’re gonna charge me for an extra night of renting the equipment because the rain cover of the tent was wet (which it was...it didn’t rain but dew is a hell of a drug)

Anyway, I was a little pissed at this because I literally didn’t have any time between packing up and returning it (I returned it at round 8pm, an hour or so before they close). I’m mostly pissed at REI for that policy but I’ll accept being pissed at myself if this is something I should’ve considered

dodint

Postby dodint » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:38 pm

I think every time I try to use my sim racing rig the sim, Steam, Oculus, and Sim Commander (audio telemetry software) need updated.

Kane

Postby Kane » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Ant nests. They are the one thing that skeeves me out. So naturally, I find a huge nests of black ants in and amongst our folding chairs and outdoor umbrella thats on a shelf in the garage.

Everywhere. Nasty ****. I genocided their ass.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:39 pm

People who hit the brakes when there is NO ONE IN FRONT OF THEM, ON A GODDAMN HIGHWAY.

shoeshine boy

Postby shoeshine boy » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:08 am

People who hit the brakes when there is NO ONE IN FRONT OF THEM, ON A GODDAMN HIGHWAY.
this. especially in the left lane.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:10 pm

this. especially in the left lane.
The loathing I have for these people knows no bounds. All I want to do is corner them and ask them why they do the things that they do. I actually think there are a lot of schmucks who think they are helping to enforce the law by holding people up in the fast lane. I've seen comment sections where multiple people believe that there is nothing wrong with going 65 in the left lane because "that's the speed limit".

Kane

Postby Kane » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:17 pm

limit
noun

the greatest amount, number, or level of something that is either possible or allowed.

MR25

Postby MR25 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:31 pm

allowed.

Kinda throws a hole in the argument when cops give you a ~10 mph over buffer

Kane

Postby Kane » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:39 pm

allowed.

Kinda throws a hole in the argument when cops give you a ~10 mph over buffer
I know, I was just being semantic at shaf.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:20 pm

Drivers in Pittsburgh on Friday and Saturday nights. That's when a lot of people who don't usually come downtown are driving downtown for concerts, games, etc., and because they aren't familiar with the roads, it's like a festival of traffic-related eff ups. Years of experience have taught me to follow these rules on those days:

- Assume that everyone else on the road is in the wrong lane.

- Assume that everyone else on the road will realize they are wrong lane at the last second and cut in front of you with no warning.

- Assume that everyone else on the road is unaware of intersection restrictions. That intersection prohibits left turns? They're gonna turn left there.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:42 am

Somebody used my driveway to make a U-turn on my street while I was away, and left indentations from turning their wheels on the hot asphalt. I stamped them down as best I could, but this is precisely why I take a hard stance on people touching my god damn property.

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:39 am

Somebody used my driveway to make a U-turn on my street while I was away, and left indentations from turning their wheels on the hot asphalt. I stamped them down as best I could, but this is precisely why I take a hard stance on people touching my god damn property.
I once had my car hit (presumably) by someone turning around in my driveway. It was parallel parked on the other side of the street, when they backed out they backed into the drivers side door.

Hit and run naturally.

Lessons learned:

1) clean out the damn garage so you can park in it instead of on the streret
2) When you parallel park try not to do it opposite someone's driveway
3) Since my cars have been hit 3 times in 18 years at this address, and not one person has copped to it nor have police investigated- people are dishonest af. They did get one guy because the paper delivery guy saw the recycling truck hit the car.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:44 am

That’s pretty rough, and definitely worse than my situation. I’m going to change my Ring notifications so that driveway movement is low recorded after we leave for work, since I don’t have 24/7 recording capability.

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:18 pm

"the USWNT won a would cup, the USMNT has never won one"

that is a dreadful argument for equal pay

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:11 am

Mothers who refer to themselves on social media as a "mommy". Definitely irrational, just annoys me.

Also, the #BOSSMOMMY #BUSINESSMOMMY types are getting worse and worse on social media selling their various crap. I always love all of the comments on their statuses for their shtty products that say "THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING!", which are all blatantly done by other MLM sheep in their network.

Kane

Postby Kane » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:38 am

My direct boss got into one of those MLM shitfests. Even has the cell service through it.

Sam's Drunk Dog

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:56 pm

Anyone that says something controversial on social media and then follows it up with "don't @ me".

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:38 pm

@Kane