You know what really grinds my gears...

obhave

Postby obhave » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:30 am

I think the mom mentioned it's pronounced "ab-city" as if that somehow makes it better.

willeyeam

Postby willeyeam » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:39 am

That's my nickname too

Willie Kool

Postby Willie Kool » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:01 am

What a stupid name. Nowhere near as cool as asdf pronounced "as-def"

Spangler
Location: Spangler the t-shirt; Spangler the lunchbox; Spangler the flamethrower!

Postby Spangler » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:54 pm

I really hope in like 10-15 years we see a wave of people legally changing their dumb names that their parents gave them.

Freddy Rumsen
Location: "Order is the only possibility of rest." -- Wendell Berry

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:58 pm

I went to school with kids named Rainbow and Sunshine.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:17 pm

TIL that Freddy went to Equestria High and is probably Twilight Sparkle.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:06 pm

We had a bunch of hippies move to the eastern valleys of West Virginia in the sixties and seventies to set up communes. So us Hillbillies had normal names like Jim Bob and Cooter and we also had kids in our high school with names you'd see in the Valley.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:19 pm

Source of the post normal names like Jim Bob and Cooter

meow
Location: I have four degrees and am a moron. Don’t let that fool you

Postby meow » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:22 pm

We had a bunch of hippies move to the eastern valleys of West Virginia in the sixties and seventies to set up communes. So us Hillbillies had normal names like Jim Bob and Cooter and we also had kids in our high school with names you'd see in the Valley.
Settle down, Cooter

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Source of the post normal names like Jim Bob and Cooter
itsajoke.jpeg

obhave

Postby obhave » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:35 am

People who get wasted at sporting events. Like I understand you want to have a good time, but really you being drunk and an dadhole to the people around you is obnoxious.

I went to the pens game last night and there were a couple guys in our section who were drunk. They got up to move out of their row during game play and were obviously told to sit down, with the lady behind them not backing down as they tried to give her **** because she had audacity to ask them to sit down so she could see. They were so drunk they forgot what she looked like and thought she left (she had not moved) and spent the next period talking to each other about "that dodint" and dadhole and how dare she ask then to sit. "Oh are we allowed stand now" "would that dodint give us permission to stand". That loud conversation last for two whole periods, I guess it was more entertaining to complain about her than to watch the game. They got up at least two more times during play with their row yelling at them to sit and they just didn't give a **** and bulled over people. The usher came and talked to them at one point, but it didn't seem to have an effect.

shafnutz05

Postby shafnutz05 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:14 am

I loathe drunkards at events like that. We went to see Neil Young's solo show, which was an incredible bucket list experience for me, and a show he doesn't do that often. There were people that were clearly blackout drunk... Like what the F is the point?

RonnieFranchise

Postby RonnieFranchise » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:22 am

I’ll have a couple pops sometimes but in general- I either paid a lot of money to see this event or was given tickets by someone who I figure is going to hear about it if the dadhole using their seats that night was behaving like an idiot. Inwould like to enjoy seeing it.

My favorite was at the one Steeler game I have attended since they moved to Heinz field. Waiting in line for the men’s room with my kid- guy can’t hold it. whips it out and takes a piss in the corner. Like- seriously?

Uh, son.... don’t ever do that.

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:28 am

Went to the Steelers-Packers game last season and knew it was going to be a mess since it was a night game. Dudes that sat next to us looked like they had been in a brawl and were passed out in their seats midway through the first quarter.

At the Slayer concert this summer there was a ton of people who couldn’t even last until Slayer hit the stage. I expected annoying drunkenness, but passing out before one of the Big 4 metal bands hits the stage for their farewell tour is pathetic.

Drunkards at events are the worst.

NTP66

Postby NTP66 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:54 am

At the Slayer concert this summer there was a ton of people who couldn’t even last until Slayer hit the stage. I expected annoying drunkenness, but passing out before one of the Big 4 metal bands hits the stage for their farewell tour is pathetic.
As somebody who would have loved to see them in concert one last time (thanks, tinnitus), this annoys me. Dopes.

Freddy Rumsen

Postby Freddy Rumsen » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:03 pm

I had a drunk idiot pour a beer all over me at a Pens game at the Igloo (rip). Dude started yelling at me as if I knocked it out of his hand. Was so drunk he fell down two rows of seats while he was yelling.

tifosi77

Postby tifosi77 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:45 pm

Even drinking high ABV beers like IPAs or even double IPAs, I have a hard time getting a buzz from just beer, never mind pass-out-in-your-seats drunk. I can't imagine how much dainty beer you'd have to drink to get that kind of loaded.

grunthy

Postby grunthy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:17 pm

Even drinking high ABV beers like IPAs or even double IPAs, I have a hard time getting a buzz from just beer, never mind pass-out-in-your-seats drunk. I can't imagine how much dainty beer you'd have to drink to get that kind of loaded.
Try drinking the 15.8% alcohol stout I had last weekend...

the wicked child

Postby the wicked child » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:36 pm

2 worst drunks I can remember at conerts both came at Ozzy related events...

On his retirement sucks tour, some dude who could barely stand yakked all over a bunch of seats while Filter was playing (and before many people had made it to their seats)... Needless to say, the actual ticket holders were less than pleased once they arrived.

The other was Ozzfest 97 where some dude was passed out on the lawn for the entire day... Talk about a **** waste.

Shyster

Postby Shyster » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:20 pm

As a fat guy myself, I try to be sensitive to the concerns of other fatties, but if you are so morbidly obese that your top walking speed can charitably be described as a brisk shuffle, you might want to reconsider that plan to jaywalk across a busy four-lane street.

AuthorTony

Postby AuthorTony » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:24 pm

Dickie Dunn

Postby Dickie Dunn » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Relevant to the drunks conversation: https://twitter.com/katebrendel/status/ ... 7805102085

MrKennethTKangaroo

Postby MrKennethTKangaroo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:01 pm

The last time I went to a stiller game, it was the raiders stiller game when terrelle pryor had a good game and the stillers lost and everyone was pissed. anyways, that was a 1:00 start and on the way to a game we saw a guy wearing a polamalu jersey fall down in the middle of the sidewalk. he was by himself and just fell and didn't get back up. the best (worst?) part about it is that everyone pretty much walked around him like he was a puddle.

robbiestoupe

Postby robbiestoupe » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:03 pm

Right in front of some kid wearing a Chargers jersey. Reason #1 I'll never take my kids to an NFL game

MalkinIsMyHomeboy

Postby MalkinIsMyHomeboy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:06 pm

people who get in fights at sporting events are a special kind of stupid